Mouse DPI + Resolution Difference

tismanasou
Go to solution Solved by Schnasty,

No, but using a higher resolution requires more movement to go across the screen. I just tested it by going from 1080p to 1366x768. 

you know what sir? 

i am really stupid.

thought this was posted in the "esport" forum so i thought he talks about ingame sensitivity.  :(

Sorry.  :unsure: 

edit: 914 DPI is your way to go btw.

Hi guys,

I have a monitor running on 1680x1050 resolution. I want to change to 1920x1080 resolution.

I also have a mouse running on 800 dpi, on 1680x1050 monitor. I want the mouse movement to remain the same after i switch to 1920x1080 resolution.

So the question is, will the mouse movement remain the same or i need to increase my DPI settings?

As i see it i think i will need to change my current DPI but i need you guys to give me a clear answer and help me calculate percisely.

Thanks in advance :)

increase... you will need to cover more real estate

if you go by a ratio of pure pixel count then i would say about 950-1000 dpi will be about the same 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

increase... you will need to cover more real estate

if you go by a ratio of pure pixel count then i would say about 950-1000 dpi will be about the same 

wrong.

changing res will not affect your sensitivity.

wrong.

changing res will not affect your sensitivity.

No, but using a higher resolution requires more movement to go across the screen. I just tested it by going from 1080p to 1366x768. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

you know what sir? 

i am really stupid.

thought this was posted in the "esport" forum so i thought he talks about ingame sensitivity.  :(

you know what sir? 

i am really stupid.

thannks can u give me formula to calculate?