Unlock bitlocker on home edition

scheduleX

I am now encrypting a portable drive on my Windows 10 pro Pc. It's taking freaking long time. Just wondering if I can plug this drive to other PC which is Windows 7/10 home edition and is able to unlock it? If it can't unlock it, any other possible ways to unlock it on home editions?

There is an app called Bitlocker to go which is a read only, there is a catch though, its works only on the 3 common FAT filesystems.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

There is an app called Bitlocker to go which is a read only, there is a catch though, its works only on the 3 common FAT filesystems.

Thanks for the reply. After I did a read up on this, I saw this quote below the page of Microsoft's article on Bitlocker to Go.

If you’re running Windows 7 and want to encrypt drives in BitLocker, you must have the Windows 7 Enterprise edition or Windows 7 Ultimate edition. However, you can open and modify encrypted drives in any edition of Windows 7.

So this means other editions will have no problem to decrypt it?

Correct.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)