Wrong voltages and huge drops

My FX 8350 has been showing huge voltage drops from around 1.5 to 1.0 which causes the clock speeds to drop to around 1 GHz. I have a Corsair GS700 PSU (700 watts) and I have a GTX Matrix 580 not overclocked and also about 5 hard drives and an ssd. I'm wondering if it's my motherboard doing this or not since my graphics card doesn't seem to be affected. I just noticed all this when I was doing some overclocking and testing. Mty dad has almost the same computewr but a 600watt corsair psu and a 990fxa-ud5 motherboard with a 650 ti. When I monitor his it also does the same thing so could it just be something toi do with my houses power? We're both using surge protectors and no other electronics show any signs similar and we've never had a power surge, failure or anything go wrong since its not a very old house. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

post-58-0-91547200-1376941783.png

System Specs: AMD FX-8350, Coolermaster Hyper TX3 cooler, 8 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 ram, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, ASUS Xonar DGX sounds card, ASUS wireless card, Corsair GS700 power supply, NZXT Hue, NZXT Phantom 630 black, and an ASUS Matrix 580 gpu.

Dropping voltages and clock speeds are usually power saving features (AMD Cool'n'quiet). Try disabling that and see if that's it. If it's that, then it 100% OK. What is the voltage set in the BIOS?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Does the voltage drop at idle or under load? It's normal as stated above if this is happening at idle because it's a power/temperature saving feature. It should turbo back up under sufficient load. 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

It's only happening during load

System Specs: AMD FX-8350, Coolermaster Hyper TX3 cooler, 8 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 ram, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, ASUS Xonar DGX sounds card, ASUS wireless card, Corsair GS700 power supply, NZXT Hue, NZXT Phantom 630 black, and an ASUS Matrix 580 gpu.

And also.. All power saving settings are off

Your voltages shouldn't be that high to begin with. My 8150 tops at around 1.42V. It has never went higher.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I've had the same problem when I overclocked my fx 8350 a few days ago.

Are you sure all your power saving settings are switched to off 'in the correct way'?

Because, there was this setting called 'CPU unlock' on my mobo, which I thought had to be enabled in order for my CPU to be OC'ed, but it seemed that this had to be disabled to OC my CPU. Very strange.. (Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 mobo btw).

I would check some guides and reviews about OCing with your specific mobo, because settings really matter.

Also, I had my CPU underclocking itself, even with the right settings, lowering his voltages which caused to lower freqencies when clocked at 5 ghz with 1.55 vcore. So I think that was because of an instable OC which produced to much heat. Guess that's the limit for my watercooler ;).

And also.. All power saving settings are off

I dont know about amd but go check everything in the bios for power saving features

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

I did mess the CPU unlock feature, it turns out it's for unlocking extra cores so I just disabled that but other than that I even tried the setting in voltages to stablize my voltage but it didn't help.. Maybe I'll double check them in the bios but they shouldn't be that far off, like how the 12V one isn't even close and same with like all the voltages.