Infinity: Battlescape (with seamless planetary transitions) *FUNDED 300k+*

Weekly Update #127b

Originally posted by I-NovaeFlavien CTO/President & Cofounder - source link

88b8e7ccfc91c2caefbc588b0ad097bc40a232de

Hey everybody, a week ago we launched our first limited beta week-end. I’m happy to report that everything went well and that players had fun - keep in mind the game is still in alpha until early next year - and we learned a lot from watching new players play the game for the first time. On a side note, the participation rate was a bit lower than expected ( iirc around 15% ) so if you’re reading the weekly updates but did not participate in the limited beta week-end despite having beta access, feel free to let us know why: was the timing inconvenient / a week of notification too short, did you have trouble with the installation, were instructions unclear, did you fail to associate your pledge to your account, or maybe you simply didn’t read the news in time, etc… ?   Let us know please.

Last week we studied and organized all the feedback we collected during the event. We started a series of long-overdue improvements to the HUD including better readability (fixed bugs related to fonts scaling, found a better font, increased text size… ) and experimented some ideas to avoid cluttering of indicators, especially in large battles.

837d6025a8b6b79ae9a14515e61be80d2b772ec0

Large battle during the beta week-end

837d6025a8b6b79ae9a14515e61be80d2b772ec0

We are also planning on working on the first version of the radar soon. It’s going to be a challenge due to the potentially large size of battles (it’s not rare to have 50 to 100 ships in a 10-20 Km range around you). Other improvements will include some visual hit feedback, reorganizing the HUD, showing nearby threats, switching team colors back to green for allies and red for enemies (this was probably the top complaint of new players), showing distance in the incoming missile alert, showing when a target is blocked by a planet horizon, making it more clear when the target is out of weapon’s range, and much more… All these changes are fairly easy to implement and are expected to be available in the next patch.

Once HUD improvements are done, we’ll probably start iterating on the new capital ships control scheme as well as doing an upgrade to the weapons systems.

54da22415f9771848dfd69ff997813d9914fb9ba

Interceptor entering Sarake’s atmosphere

54da22415f9771848dfd69ff997813d9914fb9ba

In other news we decided to experiment a new format for updates. The weekly updates will still be posted regularly on our forums but we’ll switch to a monthly newsletter for e-mail as we believe weekly updates have become too frequent to catch the attention of casual backers. We’ll start our first monthly report around end-November so make sure to check out our forums next week if you still want to read the weekly updates as soon as they’re out - otherwise you’ll have to wait for the end of the month.

-Flavien Brebion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Infinity: Battlescape website: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

Infinity: Battlescape forums: https://forums.inovaestudios.com

Pledge Upgrade: https://inovaestudios.com/Account#products

JonnyƦedhed - Browncoat - And I DO kiss'em on the mouth

• 4 weeks later...

Weekly Update #128: HUD revamp feedback

a3d9ae31709d92f2e52d4aae7d27c4df9e19a831

Hey everybody. First of all I would like to apologize for the more-than-delayed weekly update. The main reason is that since moving the weekly updates to the forums, I thought it was the good opportunity to get some feedback for the HUD revamp. But to do that, the patch had to be almost ready so that I could present screenshots of the updated HUD. And here they are ! But before we start, a kind reminder that that we’ll be hosting a new community event this Saturday ( 17 November 2018 ) at the usual evening time. More information in this thread:

https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/i-novae-community-events/6523/56

A patch including the HUD update will be coming this Friday. Once you’ve tested it, feel free to post your feedback in this thread. Note that a new control scheme for capital ships ( plus some upgrades on the weapons systems ) is in the works, but will not be ready for this upcoming patch.

HUD Revamp

d62a752045af3eb665caeec8331bdd14632efd50

d62a752045af3eb665caeec8331bdd14632efd50

The first thing you will notice is an update in the visual style. I’ve kept the green theme but integrated it to a helmet-deformation cylindrical shader and added some bloom and (animated) holographic styling. The goal here is to make it feel more integrated to the ship.

I’ve been debating between actually displaying holographic elements integrated into the 3D viewport environment, or to render the HUD into a texture and project it into the head’s helmet ( following the camera’s movements ). It quickly became a no-choice: utilizing a real 3D HUD would only work with cockpit interiors, but half the ships don’t have those ( capital ships ) and besides, a part of the HUD needs to be functional in third-person too.

This leads me to the first question. At the moment the HUD in third-person mode is minimal ( you can’t even see your ship’s hitpoints or shields… ). I’ve seen a number of people express interest in having the full HUD available and playable in third-person mode.

Below you will find 4 questions we would like you to vote on please - Q1-Q4

Q1. So how much of the HUD should be visible in third-person mode ?

Go to the original post please to vote on Q1 - HERE

Radars

Now let’s go back to the HUD update. As you’ve probably noticed by now, the big change is that we’ve introduced two other kind of radars. That makes a total of three:

The ring directional radar ( as before ? displays target indicators around the circular area at the HUD center.

• The new spherical radar ( Elite-style ? currently displayed at the bottom center of the HUD. It has a darkening halo background to be more visible on bright backgrounds. The frustum is also represented by the two lines and adapts dynamically based on the camera ( if you zoom for example ).
  • The dual front/back radar ( X-Wing style ? at each top left/right corners of the HUD. Each is representing the front or back hemisphere around the ship.

The current goal is to allow players to customize which radars they want to toggle on or off based on their preference. If there are other kind of radars that you think would work better in a heavy-battle context, please let us know and we might be able to draft it quickly.

These three radars overlap in term of information they relay, but some are a better fit to a quick understanding of the player’s situation, depending on the context:

• The ring radar mostly provides directional information and can be used to quickly know how to orient your ship in order to make a target come into your view
  • The front/back radar does not relay distance/depth perception as well and is split in two, requiring the player to glance at different areas of the screen. However, it can show if a threat is coming in your back; an information that the ring radar does not really provide
  • Finally, the spherical radar is more strategic: it gives you a better understanding of the spatial volume around you. At the moment it is non-linear: the iner circle is at a 10 Km range, but the outer radius is at 25 Km. I tried a linear radar first, but in large battles it seemed to cluster too much information around the center and not enough around the edges, making it harder to read at a glance.

I’ve also implemented a little surprise, a radar zoom for the spherical radar that seems to fit our HUD design pretty well. It is displayed at the center of the HUD, within the circular area:

94832ad8943d38ab58182492bbb6c2b86a918987

Radar zoom for the spherical radar

94832ad8943d38ab58182492bbb6c2b86a918987

Make no mistake though, it is no replacement for the actual star map. It only displays targets in the local zone vicinity around you, so it is useful in the middle of a battle to avoid opening / closing the future star map all the time, which you would have no time to do in a battle.

The current implementation is hold-key based ( default is assigned to the “quote” key, above TAB ). I’ve been wondering if it should be toggleable by a key press instead and made mouse-interactive ( changing filters, rotating with a mouse drag, etc… ). I’m uncertain, as it might enter the star-map territory and defeat the purpose of a quick glance in the middle of a battle. The key point here is that if the radar is made interactive, you can’t be moving the ship around, pitch/yawing or even firing while the map is opened…

Q2. Should the large spherical battle radar be interactive ?

Go to the original post please to vote on Q2 - HERE

Another important modification to the HUD is the introduction of a smarter target coloring system. Targets are also now coherent in terms of sizing based on distance. But the critical change is that now the game can recognize and highlight threats ( or important allies - in the future, it’ll be members of your squad, but this is not implemented yet ).

The threat system is based on 2 major criterias:

• A ship is a threat if it is currently targetting you ( this includes missiles - more on them later )
  • A ship is a threat if it has hit you in the last 30 seconds.

When a target is deemed to be a threat, it becomes highlighted on the HUD on the various radars. The current selection ( no matter the team ) is also highlighted. In the picture below, you can see my currently selected target ( an ally on the right ) as well as three enemy threats on my left:

5b32582ab4ea8f33224139b88522d20ce6c2d769

HUD -currently selected target

5b32582ab4ea8f33224139b88522d20ce6c2d769

Ship “trailings” ( the artificial ribbon displayed behind a ship, showing its last movement path ) is also only visible for highlighted targets. In the previous versions, especially in exploration mode, all ships had a trailing, which sometimes made the screen a bit too busy with information.

One remaining question is: given that there are now 3 kinds of radars, which should be the default one(s) ? Or should all 3 be the default ? We don’t want to overload or scare beginners with too much information… especially when some of it is redundant ( the dual front/back radar are pretty redundant with the ring radar ).

Keep in mind that, technically, the larger spherical elite-style radar will always be available on the HOLD-key press, so even if the small one is not always displayed on screen, it can be brought up on a key hold. This seriously raises the question of whether the Elite-style spherical radar needs to be always visible at the bottom center.

Also keep in mind that the dual Front / back radars are somehow redundant with the directional ring radar; although the dual radar shows better what’s in your dead angles, or right behind. Which begs the question of whether there’s a need to enable both at the same time for beginners.

Q3. Which of the radars should be available as default to beginners ?

Go to the original post please to vote on Q3 - HERE

Layout

As you’ve noticed, the layout ( positionning ) of the HUD elements has changed. The font has been changed ( it is now more compact ) and its size increased, for more readabity, especially at lower resolutions. The radars layout seen in these pictures isn’t necessarily final, but it is the best I’ve found so far. I tried moving the spherical radar to the bottom-right, but it felt less comfortable than keeping it at the bottom center due to the amount of distance your eyes have to travel. I’m less sure about the positionning of the dual front / back radars. They could be moved closer to the center ( replacing the score bar ); feedback on that is welcome.

I’m also not sold on the position of the weapons. I originally tried to move this information a bit below, on the left center, but it felt too invasive with the central ring.

There’s going to be a need to display more information in the future, too. The ED ( energy detection ) value will probably move to the top-left; at some point I’d like to show some information about the selected target. This could be displayed in a small window in the bottom-right ( that’s why this space is reserved for now ). Mission objectives will appear below the back radar, on the top-right.

You might have noticed that the ship systems status has been moved to the top edge of the screen. In the previous versions we only used icons, but it was too easy to forget what which icons meant, so I’ve added a short description to each ship system. This is how it looks when many ship systems are damaged:

d046761306237171e7afbb5bc097803b9a047030

Ship systems status

d046761306237171e7afbb5bc097803b9a047030

There is space for a total of 12 states ( 3x2 on the left side, 3x2 on the right side ).

I’m still unsure about the team score bear ( top-center ). I haven’t touched it, but it’s not exactly an essential part of the HUD, so maybe it should be moved to an actual UI menu or to the team leaderboard ( TAB ) instead.

Q4. Should the team score bar remain visible at the top of the screen at all times ?

Go to the original post please to vote on Q4 - HERE

Quality of life improvements

The HUD revamp also includes various “quality of life” improvements. I’m still working on the locking system, so I cannot show it in a picture, but here are some other ones:

The incoming missile alert now displays the distance to the closest missile:

81dc490ba50268b0c4334104fa2f61276783c5f7

Quality of life improvements

81dc490ba50268b0c4334104fa2f61276783c5f7

This should be useful to time usage of chaffs / countermeasures. In fact in my tests, I’ve found it to be dramatically easier to counter missiles now ( as long as you pay attention, which might be easier said than done, in a heated combat ).

Another change: the target lead reticles now flash red when a hit has registered ( in addition to the small hit feedback sounds ).

The reticles now display an “out of range” messages when you fire at the reticle, but the target is out of your weapon’s range:

4650c73a2d18e495abae47a6ef886c91a47cb7c2

“out of range” messages  

4650c73a2d18e495abae47a6ef886c91a47cb7c2

I’m still playing with icon updates for reticles or the mouse; nothing is set in stone yet. Reticle for a firing weapon is also highlighted.

Closing words

While this is an important milestone for the HUD, it is not the last one. Nothing is set in stone, so your feedback at this stage of the development matters. Please let us know if you see better / easier ways to improve the HUD.

In the future, we’ll also have to figure out a couple things:

• Uncluttering clusters of indicators ( they’ll get merged together as a single indicator )
  • when shields are no longer a single bar, but split in 2, 4 or 6 sides, each with their own bar: where to display that information on the HUD ? Originally we wanted it to be part of the circular ring, but adding a circular meter on top and bottom will obscure the HUD. Maybe a ship schematic should be shown in a corner of the screen instead.
  • cockpit consoles / MFD screens will become functional in a future patch. Which information should be put in there ? The problem: we’ve kept the cockpits unobscured to maximize the view space, but in consequence none of the MFDs at visible by default - you have to turn your head manually to see the consoles. So whatever information we put in those MFDs has to be secondary / optional; but if it’s of less importance, nobody’s gonna use them practically. It seems like they’re doomed to stay useless / elements of decoration, unless somebody has an idea…
  • on the third-person topic, if you voted for keeping the full HUD visible, including the radars, keep in mind the Elite spherical radar is currently placed on the center bottom… which is right where your ship is displayed. This might become uncomfortable or require moving this radar…
  • we’ve tried an experiment to display capital ships or installations as shapes instead of symbolic icons, to better represent their size/shape. So far the results are pretty messy. We might introduce it back in a future patch just as a test to get feedback.

-Flavien Brebion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 17th 2018 : Alpha Community Meet No.4

Originally posted by I-Novae Hutchings - Developer/Artist - source

Event Time…

19:00 Saturday, Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

World time Buddy Event : http://bit.ly/2DeQ8Ob

We’ll likely be online for a few hours, but I’d encourage everyone to get online near the start of the event, so we can push those concurrent player numbers up, as usual

Event “Schedule”

Event “Schedule” 

Join the game

Get on Discord Infinity Community Discord Server

• This event will coincide with another patch. UI and Radar improvements, we’ll test the new systems and see how they impact player awareness.
  • Test any additional systems added or changed in the patch, and get some PvP gameplay going again.

We are likely to stream the gameplay on the I-Novae YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/InfinitySupport/videos

Infinity: Battlescape - Alpha Patch v0.3.4.0 ( Friday, 17 November 2018 )

This patch introduces a massive HUD rework as well as some assets and weapons projectile speed updates.

Gameplay and balance tweaks

• Added a spawn for interceptors and bombers are factory towers. It can be used for quick defense of factories. Note that it’s still pretty weak and can easily be targetting / destroyed by enemies. The tower does not have room to spawn corvettes.
  • Voice commands are now only transmitted to the team allies and can no longer be visible to enemy teams.
  • Voice commands now also displays the selected target name in the chat box.
  • Decreased weapons projectiles speed. Slightly increased life time. The goal here was to reduce the attack range of interceptors so that they have to take more risks when targetting capital ships, as they have to get closer. At the same time,
  • corvette vs corvette fights get a bit more interesting with a chance to dodge.

HUD

• New narrowed and taller font with better readability.
  • Added a black outline effect to various text elements of the HUD.
  • Added a helmet cylindrical deformation effect: the HUD is now projected to the helmet in front of the player’s eyes.
  • Added indicators highlighting and a bloom shader around bright HUD elements.
  • Added a threat (or high-priority targets, including important allies) detection to highlight important targets.
  • An enemy is displayed as a threat if: 1. It hit you in the past 30 seconds or 2. It is currently targetting you or has been targetting you in the past 30 seconds.
  • Added “out of range” warning to lead reticles when firing over a target from a distance higher than the weapon’s max range.
  • Selected target is now emphasized with a double-indicator icon.
  • Revamped the ring radar to be more clear. The distance is also displayed next to high priorty targets.
  • Added an Elite-style spherical radar at the center-bottom of the HUD.
  • This radar can also be opened in a larger version at the center of the HUD by holding the QUOTE key (right above TAB).
  • Added a front / back dual hemispherical radar on the top left / right corners of the HUD.
  • Missiles are now properly emphasized as threats, both in the viewport and on all radars.
  • Revamped the alarm / warning system to correctly prioritize messages from a queue (the top priority one is the one being displayed at any time).
  • Added nearest missile distance to the incoming missile alarm.
  • Reverted team colors to green for your own team / allies, or red and orange for the two potential enemy teams.
  • New HUD crosshair and reticle icons.
  • Added red blinking of reticles upon hit detection of the selected target.
  • Various HUD layout updates.
  • When the amount of credits increases or decreases, its color is now temporarily emphasized.
  • Team score bar was moved to leaderboard screen (TAB).
  • Revamped / decreased size of radial menus.
  • The key (default: G) to select the nearest hostile target now prioritizes enemy threats over enemies that are no threat.
  • Swapped color in team score bar, it is now coherent with the team side.
  • Info text area was moved to top-center of screen.
  • Moved carrier spawn text to top cente.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a server crash related to destroying a player that is disconnecting.
  • Fixed invalid atmospheric bounding object, causing a crash when server rebooted.
  • Fix for text areas text not scaling well with resolution.
  • Fixed input mapper conflict between joysticks.

Assets, visual effects, performance, sounds…

• Interceptor cockpit has been partially retextured (cockpit shell) and some materials were darkened.
  • Capital ships explosions “glow” effect is now slightly blue.
  • Increased speed of lightning for warp jam effect.
  • Fixed incorrect lighting on Glimmerfall asteroid, due to flipped Y normal map channel.
  • Increased front light’s cone angle for small ships.
  • Replaced voice commands with updated voice lines and radio effect. Increased voice lines volume.
  • Fixed OpenAL listener front/back orientation (was swapped).

Misc

• Increased version of input profile config file (large spherical radar can be opened with QUOTE key, right above TAB).
  • Number of teams can be configured on server in the game config file.

The game loader can be re-downloaded from the Infinity: Battlescape website: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly Update #129: Beta week-end 7-10 Dec

3ddd56e118dac31d67c2a524966d818c9bc4ce5f

Hey everybody. We are happy to announce that we’ll launch our second limited beta-week at 19:00 UTC on the 7th of December.

See here for the schedule: http://bit.ly/2DJAScd

As per usual, you’ll need to have an I-Novae account properly linked to your pledge. If this is the first time you are participating, the full details are available in this thread:

https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/infinity-battlescape-beta-weekend-7-10-december-2018/7112

43cf393caf4071cf919a331890147b2bb12f70c2

43cf393caf4071cf919a331890147b2bb12f70c2

In other development news, the first half of the week was spent on major networking improvements. Our networking was pretty solid on low latency, stable connections but quickly degraded and became unplayable when you increased packets loss and latencies.

By using a small free tool called “Clumsy” I was able to simulate bad network conditions and investigate the flow and timings of packets being sent / received. It turns out our implementation of reliable UDP had multiple parameters that were fine-tuned for relatively stable, typical EU <-> US latencies. I reviewed all this code to ensure the parameters were better set for worse connections.

The game is now bearable for latencies up to 300 ms and a packet loss of up to 15%. It will still work with even worse conditions ( I’ve even tested up to 500 ms and a 25% packets drop rate ) but as expected, gameplay suffers and shots accuracy quickly drops, although I was positively surprised to see that our server lag compensation did its job pretty well even at such high latencies.

Another change I’ve made is to introduce an adaptive input queue on the server side, which should reduce error corrections ( resulting in a seemingly random loss of control for a second ) in bad network conditions. All these changes should lead to a substantially better experience if you’re playing in unstable network conditions. Input lag was even reduced for those with good connections, so it’s a win-win scenario !

43e80f202b4bf561c5c685e818f2483857f442e0

43e80f202b4bf561c5c685e818f2483857f442e0

The second half of the week, I continued some HUD improvements following last week’s community session feedback. I performed another pass on the ships physics parameters. Relative masses for the corvette and capital ships was incorrect ( the destroyer had x3 the mass of the corvette, despite being an order of maginute bigger ) which partially explains some funny behavior in ramming scenarios. The capital ship’s docking spawn direction was flipped ( capital ships now spawn “out” of the station, not “in” ).

The third-person camera was tweaked to feel smoother and better take into account the ship’s mass / inertia. The zoom-out maximum range has been reduced. Maximum angular velocity upon a collision is now artificially dampened to avoid seeing a capital ship spin for dozens of minutes. A major bug related to the collision damage screen-space effect location was fixed, along with many other smaller fixes.

I've also started working on the new capital ships control scheme; more on that next week after the initial implementation is done.

On the art side, Dan is working on low-poly collision meshes for all ships ( that’s a lot of work ) which will finally allow more accurate collisions / flying close to the hull of capital ships… and eventually inside the hangar of the carrier. Jan and Kristian have been working for a couple weeks on something we've largely ignored until now: weapon meshes. I'm looking forward to seeing capital ships with badass weaponry instead of the puny little place-holders we’re currently using.

-Flavien Brebion

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday, December 8th 2018 : Beta Weekend No.2

280f8e4b0b9f08bd4560547bf7677a57d12b3d48

Event Time…

20:00 Saturday, Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

World time Buddy Event : http://bit.ly/2QAkEsS

We’ll likely be online for a few hours, but I’d encourage everyone to get online near the start of the event, so we can push those concurrent player numbers up, as usual

Event “Schedule”

Event “Schedule” 

Join the game

Get on Discord Infinity Community Discord Server

• This event will coincide with another patch. Capital Ship controls, new collision meshes, and a few shiny updates..
  • Test any additional systems added or changed in the patch, and get some PvP gameplay going.

Going to cover the updates on stream first, then explore gameplay for 1-2 hours live

Infinity: Battlescape - Alpha Patch v0.3.5.0( Friday, 7th December 2018 )

Welcome to the second limited Infinity: Battlescape beta week-end.

We would like to remind you that the game is still in alpha (beta backers only have access this week-end) with full beta scheduled for early 2019.

Many assets are placeholder or work-in-progress. Ships are untextured, gameplay features are missing and UI is basic (no star map, no missions menu, no ship selection or upgrades menu). We will be iterating both on the visual effects and gameplay in the coming months.

Although the current version is rough around the edges, we sincerely hope that you will like what we are trying to achieve and have fun.

A community event is planned on Saturday 8th December at 20:00 UTC on the server. Players will gather and try to play objectives to complete a full match (or two) in order to stress the server and test the gameplay. We hope to see you in game !

313a1517a0f7131697085c132d8b6f61af5ce8c4

313a1517a0f7131697085c132d8b6f61af5ce8c4

Patch 0.3.5.0 changes:

Gameplay

Armor points implementation (reduction on hull damage model)
All ships now have armor points, which reduce incoming damage on the hull. The interceptor has no armor. Capital ships have a high armor which will cancel most of the damage from smaller ships.
Note that energy weapons (blasters) are not affected by armor, and obviously generate full damage on the shields

Introduced heat mechanics to engine component

All kinetic weapons produce heat points. Each ship can sustain a maximum amount of heat points. The heat bar is shown on the bottom-right part of the HUD ring, next to the energy bar.
When it reaches out 100%, kinetic weapons will be unusable for a few seconds. Energy weapons consume energy points and aren’t affected by heat mechanics.

This is an initial implementation. The idea is to add more external factors (environment, overcharge etc… ) that will eventually affect your ship’s heat dissipation rate.

Revamped (again) voice commands playback volume rules

Allies using a voice command should now be heard now matter the distance.

Physics:

• Large ships now use dynamic mesh physics bodies. This should allow players to fly very close to the hull of capital ships. There are two important notes:
  1. As ships are constantly moving, you’ll probably be sent flying like a pinball if you hit a moving ship. Networked collisions can also cause interesting behaviors…
  2. Projectile hits are still performed using the ship’s bounding box. In the future we will replace it with more accurate collision meshes, too
  • Added quick dampening of angular velocity when it’s over maximum angular speed threshold
  • Revamped ships masses. They were not coherent before (a destroyer was only 3 times more massive than a corvette). This should result in more realistic behavior in ramming scenarios.

Controls

Initial implementation for the new capital ships control scheme is underways. This is a massive work-in-progress. The current state is not satisfactory, however we’ve decided to release it publically to gather feedback on it in the early stages. So before testing it, please take into consideration that it’s only half playable and will still need major improvements to be considered a decent state.

By default, capital ships still use the old navigation-cursor based control scheme. To enable the new control scheme, use F4 to cycle through control schemes ( it’s after Direct mode ). Note that it’s possible to play in small ships with the capital ships control scheme too - it might even be a fun ride.

The way the new control scheme works is by decoupling camera orientation and ship orientation. You don’t need to hold any key to turn the camera around the ship. By pressing forward, you align your ship to the camera’s orientation, instead of accelerating. You can still strafe with the other keys, however to accelerate and start moving you have to use the target speed controls ( 1-9 or mouse wheel by default ).

At the moment, there are 2 main issues with this control scheme:

• If you want to orient your ship, you need to point the camera at the direction where you want to turn.
  • The ship is in the way of the camera and often blocks the aiming marker, used for the large guns. More work on the camera behavior is planned in a future patch.

Other changes:

• It is now possible to cycle through control schemes in spawn or spectator modes.
  • Radial menus are now usable in direct Mode control scheme.
  • Formation resets to free when the target is lost.

HUD / Camera:

• Added radar type preference to launcher settings dialog (ring, front/back, or both). Spherical radar is always turned on. The default is ring (no front/back radar).
  • Team scores bar now shows up temporarily on HUD for 30 seconds when scores change.
  • Lead reticles are now displayed on top of other HUD 3D indicators (previously, they were below all other indicators!).
  • Added low damage feedback warning on reticles.
  • Limited HUD negative FOV that made helmet go out of screen.
  • Turrets aiming helper dots are no longer displayed in spectator mode.
  • Increased opacity and brightness of information / meters in the HUD ring center.
  • Third-person camera is now reset to default view distance when the view changes.
  • Added parameters to control smoothing of camera movements in third-person mode.
  • Improved smoothing related to accelerations and angular velocity in third-person mode.
  • Removed hard-coded parameters for min/max view range, now set up in actors config files.
  • Updates to camera component for relative vs absolute mode.
  • Select nearest (default: G) will only target hostiles; will expand range and type to stations when there are no more hostile ships around.
  • Increased navigation cursor’s max screen radius.
  • Reticles used for locking are now displayed even for turrets.
  • Added heat meter to HUD.
  • Added a heat alert when heat reaches its maximum and dissipates.
  • Auto assist and reverse mode now blink the system on the HUD.
  • Added alert when exceeding safe warp speed.
  • Added tip for opening the large zoom.
  • Minor HUD color tweak.
  • The spherical radar’s range dynamically adjusts based on the ship’s speed ( so in warp, the range might be hundreds or thousands of Km ). Default range is still 25 Km.

Game balance:

• Increased voice command notification duration from 7s to 15s.
  • Tweaks to navigation cursor settings (deadzone, sensitivity), so that interceptor is slightly more precise to beginners.
  • Reset weapons cool-down to zero when ammo type is missile or torpedo.
  • Added a repeater gun. This gun, as its name says, fires shots in quick succession, then cools down for a few seconds. This is now the default light anti-aircraft defence for stations and the destroyer.
  • Added MK5 guns to Cruiser;.
  • Added Armor points to all ships;.
  • Weapons stats tweaks (spread, turn speeds, damage) to rebalance taking into account ships armor reduction.
  • Increased Destroyer roll dampener.

Bug fixes:

• Cockpit alert light now takes power state into account.
  • Fixed collision damage localization which was calculated in world space instead of object space.
  • Fixed potential crash with deferred light pipe and shaders that don’t use atmospheric settings.
  • Fixed issues related to ghost keyboard help screen on initial spawn menu: escape or ctrl or chat were not working.
  • Debug menu (F12) can now be opened in spawn or spectator modes.

Assets, graphics, performance:

• Reduced holographic scanlines in HUD composite shader.
  • Added client caching of mesh bodies for body components.
  • Added shadow map resolution power curve setting to better control shadow maps transitions agressivity.
  • Tweaked geometry rejection default settings.
  • Reduced max shadow pipe processing queue budget time from 5 ms to 3 ms per frame (will gain an FPS or two around stations).
  • Gas giant color tweaks (config can now specify a user-defined color table).
  • Tweaked clouds transparency function for gas giants (now based on camera distance for smoother transitions).
  • New weapon meshes to replace the old placeholders.
  • Implemented LOD for weapon meshes / objects.
  • Weapon impact effects now scale depending on weapon parameters.
  • Tweaks to lights for station modules. They are now appear bigger.
  • Added placeholder lights to capital ships (destroyer, cruiser and carrier).
  • Revamped impact effects and colors, now different for metal / shield vs kinetic / energy.
  • Tweaks to team paint colors.
  • Updates to hauler lights (they were incorrectly offset and appeared out of the ship).
  • Swapped cap ship spawn dock’s default Z orientation.
  • Improvements and optimizations to lights in fighter and corvette bays.
  • Various stations materials upgrades and improved textures.

Networking

This patch introduces a series of massive networking improvement, mostly affecting players with high latencies and/or unstable connections ( high packets drop ). The network stack was modified to increase redunduncy of packets in case of packets loss. Players with high-latency connections ( > 200 ms ) might consequently notice an increase of bandwidth, however the game’s stability and network smoothness should have vastly improved.

• Decreased orientation tolerance for error correction, for improved accuracy.
  • Implemented an adaptative server input buffer queue which grows or shrinks dynamically based on the client’s latency and connection stability. This should reduce error corrections and unwanted “loss of control” when the network is unstable.
  • The input buffer queue can still be set manually with /SetInputBufferSize N command, where N=0 to 64 which represents the queue size in server ticks. A value of 0 (the default) means “use adaptative mode”.
  • Added a /GetInputBufferSize command to query the current input buffer size.
  • Added client network interpolation delay parameter, which can be changed with command /SetUPSDelay. Default value is 2.0. This affects how much in the past the client displays server actors.
  • Increased server lag compensation max history from 32 to 64 ticks.
  • Increased server max input queue size from 10 to 64.
  • Added client error correction smoothing for velocity.
  • More tuning for adaptative input queue on server side ( will now estimate initial connection latency ).
  • Added more information ( input queue size, framerate, tricount averages ) for server players list dialog.

Misc:

• Added max AI speed limit ( 500 m/s ) to avoid having bots fly at many km/s when engaging each others.
  • Matrix inverse optimizations.
  • Warning when damaged material does not exist (instead of an exception).
  • Added minimum tesselation depth to terrain engine.
  • Renamed classification of hardpoints from MK1 to MK6.

The game loader can be re-downloaded from the Infinity: Battlescape website: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

0.3.5.1 HOTFIX PATCH ( Saturday, 08 December 2018 )

An optional hotfix is available for patch 0.3.5.0. As it is very light and optional, we’ve decided to skip the full patch reinstall and go for a manual installation.

Download hotfix 0.3.5.1 here

Installation instructions:

Simply unpack and overwrite contents of the .rar in the Bin folder of Battlescape ( default: C:\Program Files\I-Novae Studios\Battlescape\Bin )

This should be a safe operation, no need to do backup of original 0.3.5.0 files.

The server was already patched earlier and is still compatible with 0.3.5.0.

This patch addresses 2 major issues related to the new capital ships collision meshes:

• Fixed precision issues with our physics library that caused capital ships to be ejected at high velocities and spin away from contacts with any kind of installation / station.
  • Fixed precision issues with our physics library that caused capital ships to be ejected at high velocities and spin away from contacts with any kind of installation / station.

• Fixed major framerate slowdowns when colliding with installations / stations in a capital ship.

Second beta week-end now OPEN - 0.3.5.0 feedback thread

Some new screen shots from Alpha Patch 0.3.5.0

Kindly shared by I-NovaeHutchings Developer/Artist - on the I-Novae forums - source

I spent some time just flying around the system. Got some nice HiRes (4K) shots. Showing off new cockpit trim details.

7abcc55dede3a6b3676b3e041b09303d64672d9a

7abcc55dede3a6b3676b3e041b09303d64672d9a

7575204bc9cd786b1026fa6e1b21c771dd2823c2

7575204bc9cd786b1026fa6e1b21c771dd2823c2

bc9ac011b10768f8e44e263840d20458301378ff

bc9ac011b10768f8e44e263840d20458301378ff

128f5155ba3f46da2b32a46711396b730186ed42

128f5155ba3f46da2b32a46711396b730186ed42

5ae477528bafce57bd109ca947e1aa646a9d7e80

5ae477528bafce57bd109ca947e1aa646a9d7e80

8053398057433f55bb57bfcc921a998d73d0d33b

8053398057433f55bb57bfcc921a998d73d0d33b

Some new screen shots from Alpha Patch 0.3.5.0

Kindly shared by I-NovaeKristian - on the I-Novae forums - source

41b05c2e5f87377cfeb05c7ed881fb000415cea1

41b05c2e5f87377cfeb05c7ed881fb000415cea1

c14a684e12af6d6d24833617fb5f545cae57769b

c14a684e12af6d6d24833617fb5f545cae57769b

Infinity: Battlescape - PRE-BETA Stream

Kindly shared by I-NovaeHutchings Developer/Artist - on the official youtube channel - source

Second beta week-end - 0.3.5.0 feedback thread

Some new screen shots from Alpha Patch 0.3.5.1

Kindly shared by I-NovaeHutchings Developer/Artist - on the I-Novae forums - source

574b73ca7b417f1bfccfc84b6603abd4a41a5be8

574b73ca7b417f1bfccfc84b6603abd4a41a5be8

f4cea4fd348623040bf3f4dde0473779ca40f8f5

f4cea4fd348623040bf3f4dde0473779ca40f8f5

463c398903b56a4dac2e68bfc0721daee1dd3c76

463c398903b56a4dac2e68bfc0721daee1dd3c76

9a8c227d94af2bbf9878a0f60caa0a07dae4c6bc

9a8c227d94af2bbf9878a0f60caa0a07dae4c6bc

Weekly Update #130: Capital ships, Armor plating, Heat mechanics

a54822ede39a618d7549444de8b131e4f5ecfa89

Hey everybody, time for another update. Last week we released patch 0.3.5.0 which introduced collision mesh bodies ( instead of bounding boxes ) allowing ships to fly close to the hull of a capital ship. Unfortunately, a bug in ODE ( our physics library ) went undetected and caused floating-point precision issues with large coordinates. This was addressed in a manual hotfix ( 0.3.5.1 ) the next day.

We made a lot of improvements to the game in the past weeks too. We tweaked the gas giant’s colors to cyan / blue ( instead of the old pink which was less realistic… ), as you can see in the picture below. More importantly, we introduced new game mechanics. The first one is armor plating. Every ship now has an armor plating level ( in the future it’ll be upgradable ) which reduces incoming kinetic damage on the hull. The idea here is that capital ships should be close to invulnerable to interceptor attacks, which at present is not true ( a group of 3-4 interceptors can easily destroy a cruiser, provided they focus on it ). Small ships, like the interceptor or bomber, have low or no armor plating, so this change is mostly affecting capital ship’s ability to sustain kinetic damage from smaller ships.

Note that the energy damage model is unchanged ( interceptor blasters can still deal full damage to a capital ship’s shields ).

18eab84d413659ac59c2223dedea5ad3b8111601

18eab84d413659ac59c2223dedea5ad3b8111601

The other change is more experimental and may or may not stay in the future, but is at least worth testing: heat mechanics. The main idea here is to prevent kinetic weapons from firing forever, uninterrupted, which sometimes looks silly in game. Each kinetic projectile accumulates heat, which dissipates at a constant rate over time when not firing. When the maximum amount of heat the ship can sustain is reached, the weapons systems shut down and it is no longer possible to attack for a few seconds. Obviously, this is our first iteration on this system so the balance is off ( especially for interceptors ), but the key point here is the potential for this mechanic to be tied to environmental effects ( not getting too close to the sun, or to a lava surface, or to a hot atmosphere ) and/or missiles locking ( some missiles could lock more or less easily depending on the target’s heat emissions ).

An alternative is to remove the heat mechanic and replace it with a simple reload mechanic instead. This change would be pretty easy to implement, but it has less potential for interactions with the environment or with other systems. It would also likely be more reliable and less frustrating for the player, so a choice has to be made here. It is possible that we’ll end up experimenting both and decide after beta which mechanic we’ll cut and which one we’ll keep.

Below you will find a question we would like you to vote on please - Q1

Q1. Considering both mechanics, we can host a poll to see which one players would favor in theory:

Go to the original post please to vote on Q1 - HERE

e6231fee501d972880723e0953ecfaf7e34da61f

e6231fee501d972880723e0953ecfaf7e34da61f

Last patch also introduced the new capital ship control scheme. Unfortunately I lacked time to finish the initial implementation, so this first iteration is pretty bare bones. The main idea is to separate the view control ( looking around the ship ) from its movements / orientation ( so you can look on the sides while it is moving ). It is similar to what you find in games like Dreadnought, Fractured Space or World of warships; except it’s a bit more complicated, as those games typically only deal with pitch and/or yaw, but not roll, and their gameplay is roughly oriented on a 2D plane/volume, while Battlescape is 6 degrees of freedom. At the moment, a key is dedicated to aligning your ship’s orientation to the camera’s. It is bound to “forward”, which prevents the ship from accelerating directly ( you can still set the throttle / target speed though, of course ). I’ll probably end up moving it to another key ( maybe left-control, which acts as the view-around key, which is always active in the capital ship control scheme, so it’s useless ? ).

Another idea is to take the game into a different direction, more RTS-like for capital ships, utilizing point & click to control their movements. I’ve been playing with this idea for a while, but practically it does not work so well, again for the same reasons: 6 DOF means you need to be able to orient your ship in any direction ( including roll ) or strafe; but using point & click restricts most operations to a 2D plane ( which could be user-customized at any time ); but even then, solving the issue of roll and depth above/below the 2D plane, would require… a lot of clicking… for every single little movement… which defeats the purpose of Battlescape being an action game in the first place. Therefore, I currently have no plans to push this idea any further.

Next week many of us will be leaving for Christmas vacation. But don’t worry, there is still more to discuss, and especially about more experimental changes coming in the next patch ( target: second week of January ) related to the flight model and AI.

This should be pretty interesting!

-Flavien Brebion

Infinity: Battlescape - Scenes from the second Beta Weekend

Kindly shared by Playbenni on the I-Novae forum - source

• 3 weeks later...

Weekly Update #131: AI and flight model experiments

3093fad7ff97a3a5a075bf9f25c5e3f33371e45d

Hey everybody ! We’re just back from our end-of-year vacation and wish you a happy new year. As you can imagine, development has slowed down in the past 2 weeks, but I started to work on a bunch of experimental changes that were on the todo list for a while.

AI improvements

The interception algorithm was redesigned. The old algorithm wasn’t anticipating well enough where a moving target would lead and lagged behind. The new algorithm takes that into account. You can see the difference in the following picture ( click to zoom in ); the red object is moving from top-right to top-left with a constant velocity, and the green object starting on the bottom right tries to intercept it. As you can see, the new algorithm immediately leads towards the future position of the red object and intercepts it twice as fast as the old algorithm…

b3a70979f778d21a53650dfb84e4eaa71aeba398

b3a70979f778d21a53650dfb84e4eaa71aeba398

The interception code is currently in use in various systems, so all of these will benefit from the improvement: bots AI, flight assist ( formation modes ) and missiles/torpedoes.

On the topic of AI improvements, I’m currently working on rewriting the bots AI. Battles ( especially the large ones involving 100+ targets ) are too chaotic. Now, chaos in battles is somewhat expected and desirable, but our AI code basically ignored any teammate. The new AI will take teammates positionning into account. For this, I took inspiration from “boids” algorithms. If you don’t know what a “boid” is, just google the term and look videos for “flocking simulations”. Here’s a video where you can easily see what it looks like:

Those algorithms are used to recreate the natural behavior of animals ( or fishes underwater ) flying together as a crowd from a set of very simply physical rules.

My goal is to have battles form structures: ships flying together, in formation and covering for each other, and only breaking formation during dogfights with a specific target. Then regrouping after the fight is over. The result is that we should see “clumps” ot ships flying together much more frequently.

Another important change that I’m working on is having a clear start / end to battles; At the moment, battles randomly start all over the world without any clear indication on what’s happening. In the next update, the AI commander will accumulate credits on a per-location basis, instead of a global pool, and schedule fleet battles accordingly once a credits pool for a given strategical insllation target is reached. Once scheduled, a timer will appear, letting all the players know that a battle will start at location X in 5 minutes. The AI will also stop reinforcing once credits are exhausted, resulting in a clear loss for a side after a while. If I have time, I also want to give the ability to bots to attack enemy structures… which as you can imagine, will cut down the match duration by a lot.

871d55b9ca6896d004d806e8a0ec9c1ea013cdb9

Flight model experiments

The next patch will also introduce a bunch of very experimental changes related to the flight model and weapons range. Before Christmas I tried to reduce ships accelerations by half, but didn’t like the result ( it felt like there wasn’t enough difference in acceleration power between some ships ). I settled on a reduction of ~20% for the interceptor, ~15% for the bomber and ~10% for the corvette, and no change for the capital ships, as a starting point for the new patch. I also reduced accordingly some of the weapons projectile speeds, and introduced a “soft” cap speed for all the ships ( basically, the target / throttle maximum speed cannot exceed 10 seconds of acceleration. This makes more sense than a bar that goes up to 50 km/s, which nobody used ). Note that you can still go over the cap temporarily by manually accelerating.

There is still a lot of work to do for the next patch, so I’m not sure when it’ll be released, but we’ll probably have a better idea next week.

-Flavien Brebion

Infinity: Battlescape will become permanently available to all Lunar/Beta backers starting on Saturday, February 9th, 2019.

2saf95i.png

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly Update #132: The Road to Beta

5af35cd00cd5abe7e625342b59d0c79a80307418

Hi everybody ! In this update I would like to come back on the state of the project as well as our plans and schedule for this year.

We’ve recently announced our permanent beta launch on the 9th of February for Lunar backers or above. For the full details, check this thread on our forums:

Infinity Battlescape Beta launch: 9th February 2019

The choice for the date has been tricky. As you may be aware the game isn’t feature complete yet. However we feel that beta backers have been waiting for a long time already and Keith will be mostly unavailable between mid-February and March (he’s preparing his wedding), so the next window of opportunity would have been April which was too late.

The other problem is that we still need to invest a significant amount of time on the user interface / menu system, as many of the remaining game features have a dependency on it (like the star map, missions screen or equipment upgrades). This will likely take weeks, during which there will be no further patch or gameplay changes. This is currently scheduled to start right after the beta launch, so starting mid February there will be a period with a slowdown on development news / patches until the first version of the UI is ready, probably around early April.

In the short term, for the beta launch, development will focus on the AI and flight model updates, finishing up the capital ships control scheme and weapons systems, and tentatively the return of the asteroid belts. I originally wanted to publish an intermediate patch for the flight model updates, but the AI changes have been pretty complex so in the end the next patch is scheduled for early February, right before the beta access.

Once April comes, we will be focusing our efforts on implementing the last remaining gameplay systems. We have been working hard on this game for many years and as you can imagine, delaying the game to 2020 simply isn’t possible any more for a lot of reasons so we’re currently targetting a form of launch or another after mid summer. We’re going to evaluate our development status around May-June to decide if we go for an Early access or directly for a full release. It is pretty likely to be an Early access though as we still have a lot of work to finish and content to add before Battlescape could be called a full game.

d154e3cb06cace997609097d85478be632dc23ac

d154e3cb06cace997609097d85478be632dc23ac

In other development news, the AI behavior / boids changes are almost finished. I’m pretty happy with the way things are turning out. Battles certainly look more structured and interesting than before. There is still one blocker: I’ve entirely reworked the priority / targetting systems, so that capital ships favor attacking other capital ships (rather than often trying to chase a lonely interceptor, like in the current public version… sigh… ) and interceptors favor attacking other interceptors or bombers.

One thing isn’t work out too well yet: bombers. Due to interceptors having a higher priority towards attacking them, bombers often get “ganged up” by tons of enemy interceptors at the beginning of the battle. It is pretty hard to find good parameters / weights to the heuristics formula so that interceptors have a higher priority towards attacking bombers, but aren’t ganging up too quickly on them either.

On the art side, Dan’s still working on collision meshes. Once all collision meshes are ready, we’ll implement more refined intersections for projectiles (using the collision mesh instead of the bounding box). It will look more pleasing visually too but I wonder how this will impact hit accuracy when a player is firing at a distant interceptor (it is easier to hit a big bounding box, than an actual mesh with a more complex shape). This means that we’ll probably have to rebalance the small ships weapons and/or interceptor stats at some point.

e5cc95af5ab5d55866147fe42518bdee2f4fd658

e5cc95af5ab5d55866147fe42518bdee2f4fd658

Kristian has finished texturing the cruiser or almost. He still has to generate a UV map for ambient occlusion and color map skins. We should be able to present some renders in the next update. Our goal is to have all ships texturing finished (or close to) by April.

Jan is still doing a lot of misc work, related to improving geometry / texturing on station modules, experimenting with new particle effects, importing new weapons meshes (we now have the assets for laser countermeasures and missile/torpedo launchers for capital ships) and more.

-Flavien Brebion

• 2 weeks later...

I-Novae Community Event

Saturday, February 9th 2019 : Beta Weekend No.2

755932c0561e2251dd0186e891e7f4f6afa2b14a

You’ll need access to the Beta to participate in this Community Event. See all the FAQ for the Beta Here

As of February 9th, Beta Backers will be given PERMANENT access to the latest build of the game. We’ll be hosting an official in-game meet up on that day. Details Below

Saturday, February 9th 2019 : Beta Weekend No.2

Event Time…

20:00 Saturday, Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
World time Buddy Event : http://bit.ly/2MQGfJn

We’ll stream for 2 hours, and get in game throughout the weekend.

Event “Schedule” 

Join the game

Get on Discord Infinity Community Discord Server

Going to cover the updates on stream first, then explore gameplay for 1-2 hours live

• This event will coincide with the first Beta Patch, Ship controls, collision meshes, visual FX, Ship Materials, gameplay systems, new weapons, and more… So we’ll review the latest updates.
  • Test systems added or changed in the patch, and get some PvP gameplay going.

Weekly Update #133: Cruiser - Road to Beta

262d0e860d88ecfa64acea5783347a3ff79e9673

Hey everybody. This will be a quick, screenshot-intensive update, as we’re gearing up for the beta tomorrow and a lot of work remains to be done ! But we’re happy to show you the results of our first textured ship, the cruiser. Keep in mind it’s a work in progress, we’re still tweaking the materials, adding decals and more effects.

Concept/Renders:

d27b59923e468244b1466fdcc9e8dbc7f984b0fa

d27b59923e468244b1466fdcc9e8dbc7f984b0fa

411d6e8289ce103546812a11778b66e715aad517

411d6e8289ce103546812a11778b66e715aad517

In-engine:

2f3d7fe897aec25da6ef85ec6102dd404ff0e067

2f3d7fe897aec25da6ef85ec6102dd404ff0e067

51ae9b3c0c1dff57f413d3ac965466029671fdd1

51ae9b3c0c1dff57f413d3ac965466029671fdd1

c6b84afa44b94d18ad717436df43cfcb2c75d8be

c6b84afa44b94d18ad717436df43cfcb2c75d8be

The red color map you can see in these screenshots is only the default skin. There are also 8 more that we are experimenting with, and they’ll also be available in the beta patch. Much less work has gone into them yet, so they’re more like proof-of-concept than the default dark red skin, but here’s a picture showing them all:

08354fe37ffe7bb23f257f088835f6c7742f16a2

08354fe37ffe7bb23f257f088835f6c7742f16a2

4b85ecc8cf2cd58d7d701d3b1cff4457c0941146

4b85ecc8cf2cd58d7d701d3b1cff4457c0941146

e61e5da24866fd05ad24b6e035c7f526f7546f94

e61e5da24866fd05ad24b6e035c7f526f7546f94

3593015ce912ca2d44bf1a2c53e3db3978c0809a

3593015ce912ca2d44bf1a2c53e3db3978c0809a

010fda8fd63bb12c44dfbb0c80bc999d73894898

010fda8fd63bb12c44dfbb0c80bc999d73894898

6b1095b08a4b46e870c3b3c03565081e805372cb

6b1095b08a4b46e870c3b3c03565081e805372cb

4b0dab4e72d55eabe94747f13006274c04d50711

4b0dab4e72d55eabe94747f13006274c04d50711

61c5df7cc4d7537dc247a6bb7dc483b60d5377a3

61c5df7cc4d7537dc247a6bb7dc483b60d5377a3

c4b136e3ea03d66999bd423d8a8264c3f9442ec1

c4b136e3ea03d66999bd423d8a8264c3f9442ec1

-Flavien Brebion

Beta Weekend Game Patch - 0.4.0.0 ( Saturday, 09 February 2019 )

Welcome to the Infinity: Battlescape BETA.

Please keep in mind that many assets are placeholder or work-in-progress. Most ships are still untextured, gameplay features are missing and UI is basic (no star map, no missions menu, no ship selection or upgrades menu). We will be
iterating both on the visual effects and gameplay in the coming months.

Have fun and let us know your feedback about the game on our forums, thank you !

Full game patch changelog here: https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/patch-and-updates-notes/2996/42

d7929cee35ae73f14c1574393ab884040ceca78e

Full game patch changelog here: https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/patch-and-updates-notes/2996/42

Beta Game download here: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

Infinity: Battlescape - BETA Launch Event

Originally posted by I-NovaeHutchings - Developer/Artist - source

Quick presentation of the textured cruiser

Infinity: Battlescape - Now that we are in Beta

Originally posted by I-NovaeHutchings - Developer/Artist - source

Now that we’re in BETA…

I’m looking to organize more community events, please let me know which time(s) could work for you.

• Confirm your UTC time conversion for your local area before voting, and take into account future daylight savings adjustments if they apply to you.
  • Check conversions here, world Time Buddy https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
  • Assume events will last 1-2 hours playtime. (Some events will be streamed on our YouTube channel)
  • If you have thoughts on meet up times, or things you’d like to see us do in future events, please discuss them in this thread.

Please come to the forum and vote on this please:

https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/i-novae-community-events/6523/60

Some new screen shots from Beta Weekend Game Patch - 0.4.0.0

Kindly shared by SpaceJay - on the I-Novae forums - source

cabfba31fa166a28604312a1612ca7208d23033d

cabfba31fa166a28604312a1612ca7208d23033d

6518136422def16d3a5920aa395fc4adfcb627ad

6518136422def16d3a5920aa395fc4adfcb627ad

e7cf11d9f7b4a1815f19ded679b61fdfb273c5b6

e7cf11d9f7b4a1815f19ded679b61fdfb273c5b6

004ddcaff6f3589658c3a2239211dcb67b969538