Infinity: Battlescape (with seamless planetary transitions) *FUNDED 300k+*

Weekly Update #118

Originally posted by I-NovaeFlavien CTO/President & Cofounder - source link

188a415653355062ad236a05de4996973ab0601a

Greetings everybody. This week in Infinity: Battlescape, we have been working on the haulers implementation. The algorithm to figure out a navigation path between planets has taken more time than anticipated but should be resolved this week. We are actually planning on making it more generic than just establishing a route for haulers, so that the algorithm can be reused for AI bots later on when we revisit the AI commander which assembles a fleet of ships. At the moment the AI commander spawns the fleet in range of the objective ( a couple hundred Kilometers away from it ) which means that it is not possible to scout and prepare for an enemy fleet’s arrival. In the future, with this new navigation path algorithm each NPC in the assembled fleet could spawn at an ally team’s station and navigate through the star system to reach the objective to attack. This will make scouting enemy fleets a strategical part of the game.

a5e66c42692326074cf5c743a8a2a4a40644064d

Heated battle around a station

Of course, we’re not there yet. For now this algorithm will be exclusively used for establishing a trade route for haulers. Haulers will enter warp once they reach low orbit, so as I mentionned last time, we’re going to introduce a warp interdiction mechanic in the next patch. The way it will be implemented is by introducing internal ship equipments that will consume cargo points ( bigger ships will have a higher amount of cargo points ). In the future we will also introduce more internal ship equipments and probably turn some of the existing functionalities ( ex.: warp drive ) into ship equipments. The goal in the longer term ( in a few months, but before beta ) is to introduce a loadout customization menu where the player can select which weapons to mount on hardpoints and which equipments to fit in the internal ship cargo. This might possibly affect the ship mass and physics.

d8598ccf7f5cdbf2c6cb3ee6e592a4dbd11a92e3

Battle around another station

This week I’ve also been investigating many technical bugs on the server side. I’m happy to report that two crashes were fixed ( the actual server hasn’t been patched yet though ) and a third one is currently under progress. We read some feedback from the community about weapons on capital ships lacking player skill, so in the next patch we are going to make an experiment for turrets that will now manually fire at the mouse cursor instead of being auto-aiming. This will only apply to the main / heaviest weapons, the light anti-fighter turrets will still pick up a nearby target and aim at it automatically.

Once the haulers patch is out, we’ll resume work on carriers spawning ( which sadly couldn’t make it into the alpha ) and the star map ( which is really a big blocker at the moment to figure out the game objectives ).

-Flavien Brebion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Infinity: Battlescape website: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

Infinity: Battlescape forums: https://forums.inovaestudios.com

Pledge Upgrade: https://inovaestudios.com/Account#products

JonnyƦedhed - Browncoat - And I DO kiss'em on the mouth

Atmospheric Landings, Massive Spaceship Battles - What is Infinity Battlescape?

Posted by ObsidianAnt - Youtube

Weekly Update #119

a015911365546cc4272a699abec1244d5a419edc

This week in Infinity: Battlescape, we have continued to work on the hauler, which has turned out to be more complex than anticipated. The AI navigation path is now almost finished but still far from perfect. A path can be generated from a planetary ground installation to another, either on the same planet or another planet. The path generator properly sets up a course to avoid collisions with a planet, which as you can imagine is pretty useful :)

What it currently doesn’t do (yet) is to figure out whether there’s a third-party planet ( like a gas giant ) in the way. Also some generated paths are sub optimal, but improving the algorithm can be deferred to another iteration, so I think it’s good enough for our first implementation.

91d61efe65796f388c77418bd5e7d4bf2e419869

Planet-to-planet generated path

91d61efe65796f388c77418bd5e7d4bf2e419869

Jan and Kristian have been working on the warp interdiction visual effect and sound which is now ready for the upcoming patch. Our artists have also been working on the carrier geometry for a while ( although at a lower priority due to other tasks ) but an update will be coming in a few weeks. Finally, Dan and Kristian have started to work on the Kickstarter-exclusive mercenery operative interceptor reward which will be a cosmetic alternative to the current interceptor.

c34356875da3d81ed9adc30504966202f767630b

Warp interdiction effect WIP

c34356875da3d81ed9adc30504966202f767630b

In other news, ObsidiantAnt has published a small video of Infinity: Battlescape’s Alpha, which you can view here:

That’s it for now, see you next week !

-Flavien Brebion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weekly Update #120

2391bdd15fb6176a4ed3e27d0ffde3540b84245f

This week, I will keep the update short. Jan and Kristian have been in vacation and Dan is still busy on figuring out the mercenary op interceptor variant. Our art team has also been working on the carrier for a while now, updating the geometry and refining the shapes and plating, adding asymmetric details here and there. Many parts are still placeholder, but you can see a new work in progress render below:

c88f5a430c61dbc9a6e05ea444b481726bfa4231

Carrier WIP render

c88f5a430c61dbc9a6e05ea444b481726bfa4231

Keith has been working on the backend to support direct pledging on our website, without passing through IndieGoGo. Doing so will be a huge step up in properly communicating instructions to new backers and being able to play the game as soon as the pledge is registered ( there are limitations on IGG that prevent us from being as user-friendly as we’d like to be, resulting in many support e-mails ). Testing the new pledge system will take a little while but should be available within a few weeks.

Finally, on the game side, haulers path generation is now complete. Last week I mentionned that it still had to avoid third-party planets in the way ( like in the scenario where you have a gas giant and two moons: the hauler spawns on one moon, and has its destination on the second moon, which is on the other side of the gas giant ! ), this problem is now solved. I have tested the algorithm in a bunch of configuration scenarios, but due to the pseudo-randomized nature of the Battlescapes at match startup it might be possible for the generated path to be sub-optimal or even buggy. We will have to test it in real conditions and improve it over time if needed.

927b35093e8caf3b9779e72d1b005fe5a0e56578

Haulers path between moon-gasgiant-moon

927b35093e8caf3b9779e72d1b005fe5a0e56578

The next step is having the haulers follow this navigation path and enter / exit warp. Fortunately most of the AI code is already written thanks to the existing bots so this step shouldn’t take more than a day or two of implementation and testing. After that we’ll still need to implement the warp interdiction, which should go fairly quickly, and produce the new patch.

-Flavien Brebion

Information for our Second Alpha Community Gathering

Originally posted by I-Novae Hutchings - Developer/Artist - source

I’ll also schedule future events more advance warning, so we can get more players online. Please let me know if you have a preferred time, or if this time works well enough (it can be tough to co-ordinate with such a global community)

I-Novae Community Event

Saturday, July 28th 2018 : Alpha Community Gathering No.2

Event Time…

19:00 Saturday, Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

World time Buddy Event http://bit.ly/2LSuEbz

We’ll likely be online for a few hours, but I’d encourage everyone to get online near the start of the event, so we can push those concurrent player numbers up.

I’ll likely stream during the event, although it should take the form of a “Gameplay format” more than “Feature tour” format.

Event “Schedule”

Join the game

Get on Discord  Infinity Community Discord Server

Form teams for PVP play, Red vrs Green

Get some PVP gameplay going

We are likely to stream the gameplay on the I-Novae YouTube channel

deleted

Infinity: Battlescape - Alpha Community Event

Originally posted by I-NovaeHutchings - Developer/Artist - source

Just found this thread, game looks interesting... (like a cross between No Man's Sky and Star Citizen). How is it to play?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

7 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Just found this thread, game looks interesting... (like a cross between No Man's Sky and Star Citizen). How is it to play?

Check in on the forums, lots of current alpha access members playing the alpha dev build.     The scope is small for a very small team scattered all around the world.  New features being added weekly and mostly focusing on gameplay work at the moment.

Infinity: Battlescape forums: https://forums.inovaestudios.com 

Infinity: Battlescape website: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape 

Get on Discord  Infinity Community Discord Server

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly Update #121

f38dbb708bdac2e70aee1acb48b4bfece8f33d18

Greetings everybody. I apologize for the lack of update last week, as I fell ill to influenza combined to a serious heat wave where I reside ( Belgium ) and I was basically unable to work for the entire week. This is forcing us to postpone the hauler patch to mid-august right after I come back from a trip to France. The good news is that most of the work is done, haulers are now able to fly properly along their navigation paths and to transport resources between planets. There is still a bit of work to do related to spawning / despawning them ( and converting their resources into credits ) and on warp, but this should go a lot faster now once I come back.

2c24d44fc32e161530b7b6080bae740b6c628681
Following a hauler

2c24d44fc32e161530b7b6080bae740b6c628681

Jan has resumed his work on the carrier while Kristian is revamping some factory modules ( plus created some new storage tanks ). Dan has been working on the mercenary op interceptor variant for Kickstarter backers, as you can see in the comparison pictures below ( note that it’s only a variant: its in-game statistics and physics parameters will pretty much be the same, so it’s mostly a cosmetic variant ).

bd21369f24a1a85f3f1d5a97c29342ede3a48978

Interceptor ( current )

bd21369f24a1a85f3f1d5a97c29342ede3a48978

e58adb84fefa047960a7a3204d879c07bec899e7

Interceptor ( mercenary op variant )

e58adb84fefa047960a7a3204d879c07bec899e7

-Flavien Brebion

• 3 weeks later...

Weekly Update #122

8eb07412b453c12b29f617d86f3c9aa042600846

Hey everybody. I came back from vacation last week and resumed work on the haulers implementation. We’re getting close and finally putting the last pieces of the puzzle together. What remains is mostly bug fixing and polishing, so the next patch should come soon - current ETA is next Sunday, but it’s not 100% set in stone and could be delayed to the next week, depending on the amount of bugs and problems to finalize.

One thing which took more time than anticipated was the spawning / despawning of the haulers. We encountered two major issues. One is related to the factory hangar module, whose entrance could not fit the hauler. We had rescaled the hauler months ago by a small factor ( 20% IIRC ) but didn’t check that the hangar door was large enough to fit the new rescaled hauler. Kristian is currently busy remodelling ( and adding more details while he’s at it ) this module.

33dacd24b7960e974d1b1c43027293887464b7b4

Carrier geometry WIP

33dacd24b7960e974d1b1c43027293887464b7b4

The second thing which we overlooked is docking haulers at space stations. The original plan was to reuse the capital ship docking modules, but they’re far bigger than a hauler, so a docking hauler looked out-of-place compared to the size of the module. In addition, these capital ships docks were designed for players, and allowing haulers to dock there generated potential conflicts with spawning players which would require more work to solve via some form of traffic control. For all of these reasons, we decided we’d need a dedicated hauler docking module, which Jan has been working on. All station layouts are currently being updated to add one or many of these hauler docking ports.

On the topic of docking modules, we’re probably going to need to add a dedicated carrier docking module in the future, too. Since we rescaled the carrier and doubled its size, it no longer fits any of the capital ships docking modules, so at the moment carriers spawn in a random area around the space station. It doesn’t check for the presence of other players or ships in this area, so there’s potential for funky behavior there, but that will be addressed later on once we add dedicated carrier spawns.

Dan has been doing some good progress on the interceptor spec-ops mercenary variant and added little winglets on the back sides. We’re getting pretty close to the final design now, and we hope you will like it. Keep in mind this ship is just a cosmetic variant of the normal interceptor and will have the same stats. Jan has also been doing more work on the carrier geometry, as you can see in the render above.

a54a2512a6155cd252898472c8322c5a4cd432c2

Interceptor variant design WIP

a54a2512a6155cd252898472c8322c5a4cd432c2

-Flavien Brebion

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly Update #123

b70cff61517d0e88d2c1053598172bdc395a3eaf

Hey everybody. In this week’s update, good news. The last major issues for the haulers implementation have been solved. ETA for the next patch is next sunday (09/16). Haulers are now fully functionnal; they spawn at factory hangars and carry resources (the amount of resources is based on the factory type: small, medium, large; and the state of the factory, and especially the amount of storage tanks that have been destroyed or not). They travel to the nearest space station and dock with it, turning the resources into team credits. These credits then get split amongst all players (or if there aren’t enough players on the server, between players and the AI commander). Obviously, if a hauler gets destroyed on its way the resources are lost and the team will not gain credits from it. Haulers will defend themselves when attacked and resume course on their path once the way is cleared.

53d65a6dbb2a6252d8065afa52f6dc3730cacb71

Hauler flying towards a space station

53d65a6dbb2a6252d8065afa52f6dc3730cacb71

In the coming days, what remains to be done is mostly tuning and rebalancing the game around haulers. They will become the most important way of earning credits in the game, so protecting them is your team’s responsability. Note that it’s only the first implementation for haulers gameplay. As usual we’ll iterate on it once we figure out what works or not and what causes issues/bugs. Also note that the game still suffers from a lack of awareness problem which we’ll address in the coming months by revamping the HUD and introducing the star system map, and more clear objectives. In the mean time we’re probably going to use small tricks (like “pinging” haulers under attack) but the global picture might still feel confusing.

c2314718dd86d472ae793cc7ce57ed5d99f65fb5

Hauler docking at the space station

c2314718dd86d472ae793cc7ce57ed5d99f65fb5

On the art side, Kristian is almost done with his update of the factory hanglar module; Jan continues to work on the carrier (he’s moved to the back side) and Dan has started to work on designing the statue rewards for Kickstarter backers

-Flavien Brebion

Game Patch - Alpha 0.3.1.0 ( Sunday, 16 September 2018 )

Originally posted by I-Flavien CTO/President & Cofounder - source link

This is the “haulers” patch, which revamps the resource generation side of the game by introducing haulers that fly between factories and stations to turn their resources into team credits. As usual, this is a first implementation which will probably introduce a fair number of small bugs, please do not hesitate to report them on our forums.

Of particular interest is watching the behavior of haulers and checking that they have no trouble ferrying resources along their path. If you notice any funny behavior, we would be interested in a description of the behavior and some screenshots.

Gameplay

In the previous versions, factories generated credits every few minutes. The amount of generated credits depended on the factory category (small, medium, large) and the amount of tank storages destroyed or alive in the factory.

In the new system, a hauler spawns every 5 minutes at each factory hangar. An algorithm decides a destination installation which will typically be one of the space stations in orbit of the same planet. The same station will be chosen all the times a hauler spawns, until that station gets destroyed, at which point the algorithm will switch to another station. Haulers follow the same path, slowly taking off from the surface, accelerating to reach low orbit then jump into warp. They’ll exit warp a dozen kilometers away from the destination station, then transition to docking mode and will disappear once docked, turning their ferried resources into team credits.

Team credits then get split amongst players and AIs as previously, preferring players over AI when the player count is sufficient.

When flying along their course in warp, haulers will stay in orbit around the planet and fly at 50 km/sec. Since it is not possible to attack when in warp, we’ve introduced a “warp jam” equipment, currently available on corvettes and destroyers. To use them, you need to be in warp yourself, closely following the hauler (< 20 Km away from it) at the same speed of 50 km/sec. To activate warp, open the ship system menu wheel (default: V) and select “Warp Jam”. It will generate a bubble around your ship, which will force out of warp any ship within the bubble (of radius 20 Km). The cooldown is 30 seconds. Warp on affected ships will stay down for the same amount of time.

1e42d3fa8921e61f14aa383a53cf6a1ac2a93490

Hauler taking off a planet from a factory hangar at sunset

1e42d3fa8921e61f14aa383a53cf6a1ac2a93490

Another change is the introducion of manual firing towards the mouse cursor for capital ships MK1 and MK2 weapons. Smaller weapons still aim at enemy ships automatically. The goal here is to introduce player skill to capital ships (rather than the more passive select-hold-fire-and-wait). Feedback on this new mode is also welcome.

HUD / UI / input

• Introduced auto-aim versus manual aim and updated HUD to show reticles when manual aiming.
  • Disabled weapon groups no longer display the weapons aim-at dots on the HUD.

Assets, visual effects, performance, sounds…

• Added hauler assets and lights.
  • Added warp jam particle effect and sounds.

Networking, AI, server

• Server crash fix when player does not exist anymore but a property was set.
  • Crash fix for socket sending an ack packet despite being closed.
  • Fixed a bug with AI that used incorrect propulsion parameters during warp.
  • Revamped AI orientation on planets, should now look more coherent with their travel direction.

Misc

• Minor fixes for warnings and dumping settings to the log file.
  • Fixed a bug that caused shaking/alerts when observing an actor in space.

Weekly Update #124

bd12d6580e5bded9363295cbe716f6150c6f8f68

Last Sunday we released alpha patch 0.3.1.0 which contains the long-awaited initial haulers implementation. As a reminder, in the previous placeholder implementation prior to this patch, factories generated team credits at a constant rate. In the new patch, haulers spawn in a hangar, take off from the planet until low orbit, then enter warp until they reach a destination space station, converting the resources they carry into team credits.

This allows players to escort or try to intercept and destroy enemy haulers. To that end, we have introduced a warp jam mechanic to the game, currently available on corvettes and destroyers. Later on, this will become part of the potential ship upgrades.

14451018c7056b3f69cc26a4b02a07b5f604b913

Hauler taking off from a planet

14451018c7056b3f69cc26a4b02a07b5f604b913

Roadmap

Now that the initial hauler implementation is done, what is next ?

Our next goal is the initial implementation of carriers acting as mobile spawn points and revamp resupply/repair mechanics for corvettes. There are also a couple of outstanding technical issues related to collisions between small and large ships so this will be the occasion to do some research on how to address them.

After that we’ll probably work on the first pass for the star system map to show which installations are under attack, what are the “hot spots” ( battlefields ), which haulers are threatened, etc… It’s very important since the game currently suffers from awareness issues, especially for new players that aren’t familiar yet with controls and how to fly around. We want to address that before beta. We will also probably continue to improve the HUD meanwhile to avoid cluttering the target indicators on top of each others.

e21e47e83c45bedb5f4d4943e7282911992e2d93

Updated factory hangar render

e21e47e83c45bedb5f4d4943e7282911992e2d93

446a1119483fcc4b827583fde5fbd9835d75381c

Same, from another angle

446a1119483fcc4b827583fde5fbd9835d75381c

In parallel we are going to start working on the new dedicated control scheme for capital ships. The cursor-based navigation solution does not allow independent targets aiming and selection, so it’s a bit awkyard and only works well for the smaller ships. For capital ships, we are going to separate ship movement from camera look, in third-person.

Coming november / december we are also going to add more weapons and implement upgradable ship equipments / systems which will be the fundation to starting balancing the game.

Our goal is to deliver the beta version around January 2019. Just like we did for alpha access, we will host some “beta access week-ends” in the coming months. The first one will come in October but no specific date has been decided yet. More on that in the coming weeks.

Videos

Here’s a quick animation showing the new warp jam effect: https://gfycat.com/NextScrawnyItalianbrownbear

I posted a quick tutorial on Youtube showing how to detect and intercep haulers with the warp jam ( sorry for the Frenglish, enable sub-titles ! ):

-Flavien Brebion

Information for our Third Alpha Community Gathering

I-Novae Community Event

Saturday, October 6th 2018 : Alpha Community Gathering No.3

Event Time…

World time Buddy Event : http://bit.ly/2N6njVp

We’ll likely be online for a few hours, but I’d encourage everyone to get online near the start of the event, so we can push those concurrent player numbers up.

Event “Schedule”

Event “Schedule” 

Join the game

Get on Discord Infinity Community Discord Server

As this patch will include Carrier testing, we’ll need to rack up some points, maybe a little PVP to farm, protect and escort haulers etc.

Then, when we can afford carriers, test out the mobile spawn mechanics, repair / rearm, assault some stations, take out some enemy haulers, etc.

We are likely to stream a portion of the event on the I-Novae YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/InfinitySupport/videos

Weekly Update #125

62261689a117bfc66e5d794d4e2017f089085dfb

Hey everybody, Flavien here for another weekly update. This week we’ve been working on network improvements, bug fixes and adding new special effects to the game. Work on the carrier patch is progressing well, with an ETA scheduled for next friday. Also, we’re going to host a new community playtest for alpha backers next saturday. More information on this playtest below.

Networking

One of our backers (Lomsor, thanks to him) reported jitter, causing the player ship/camera to micro-jump around when the network conditions have deteriorated and become unstable. We found two issues. The first one was related to physics inputs: when the server runs the physics simulation and a player input packet is missing (due to lag or network stability), the server was assuming no input was given, resulting in a temporary loss of control of the ship (until the next input packet is received). Instead, in this scenario we instead repeat the latest input, which makes controls feel smoother and more natural (again: this only applies to bad network conditions, when the latency suddenly jumps around).

The second issue was related to error correction. The client and server run their physics simulations in parallel; to prevent cheating, the server is authoritative, meaning that when a mismatch is detected between the client and the server, the client applies a correction to its local player. We normally smooth this error correction over time to avoid micro-jumps, but due to a small bug in the algorithm, smoothing was disabled when flying at high velocities like in warp. This bug is now fixed which should make network jitter unnoticeable to the player.

TLDR: we’ve improved our network code so that it behaves more smoothly and naturally when the network conditions degrade.

7281b25c20367290c55ec8a360030cf87122f4ea

Spawn markers in hangar

7281b25c20367290c55ec8a360030cf87122f4ea

Spawn markers

This week Jan created a spawn marker effect that gets placed on top of spawns to make it easier for new players to understand where the available spawns are (for example if they need to fly back to repair or resupply their ship). It is color encoded, blue being the default (spawn is available). The spawn marker turns green for your own ship when docking, or red when the spawn is unavailable (due to another ship docking in the spawn).

Community playtest event

We’re happy to announce our third alpha community gathering, for players that have alpha access:

Saturday, October 6th 2018 (in one week), 19:00 UTC

See this post for more information: I-Novae Community Events

As usual Dan will stream the event, so make sure to check out our Youtube channel if you’re interested !

72a5d31ef423f7b0441eb0d51b7430a244a7f7ae

Interceptors flying in formation

72a5d31ef423f7b0441eb0d51b7430a244a7f7ae

-Flavien Brebion

Game Patch - Alpha 0.3.2.0 ( Saturday, 6 October 2018 )

Originally posted by I-Flavien CTO/President & Cofounder - source link

This new patch introduces spawning at carriers and update the repair/resupply mechanics available on corvettes and at spawns.

Gameplay

• Carrier spawns are now available; the carrier owner must fly under 100 m/s and turn slowly (or not at all) for spawns to be enabled.
  • Removed resupply crates mechanism on corvettes. It has been replaced by a repair/resupply aura (currently 1 km radius). Players have to match their velocity with an ally corvette and stay within a 1 km radius and will be repaired and resupplied in ammo at a constant rate.
  • Repairing hull and resupplying ammo is also available in hangar spawns (for fighters and corvettes) and docking spawns at stations (for capital ships).

Bug fixes

• Fixed incorrect warp jam section in ship systems radial menu.
  • Fix for crash due to large characters in chinese fontset.
  • Fixed haulers flying towards infinity when they bypass their destination.
  • Removed forgotten debug code associated to M key on client (was spawning a test effect at origin).
  • Fix for reticles (unlocked when out of range, and showing reticles for auto-aiming turrets).
  • Fix for Prev/Next target speed event while in warp (it wasn’t functional before).

Assets, visual effects, performance, sounds…

• Added spawn markers to hangars and docking bays.
  • Spawn markers are color encoded: blue for default (available), green when your ship is occupying it and red when another ship is occupying it.
  • Added warp entry and exit visual effect.
  • Increased size of aim helper dots for turrets on HUD.

Networking, AI, server

• Fixed server crash bug when server is shut down as a player is logging in.
  • Fixed end-of-game condition when a team no longer has available spawns.
  • Improved empty input queue by repeating last input packet instead of assuming zero input.
  • Fixed error correction smoothing when flying at high velocities like in warp.

Misc

• Added a fallback to create a DirectX 11 device with debug flag for more information when creating a device fails.
  • Added a CameraNextMode event that cycles through camera modes.
  • Added experimental alternative collision mesh to body components for more accurate small ship vs capship collisions; this feature is currently disabled but will be enabled later on when it becomes more robust.
  • Added support for dynamic mesh bodies to the physics engine (same).

The game loader can be re-downloaded from the Infinity: Battlescape website: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

A re-post

Information for our Third Alpha Community Gathering

I-Novae Community Event

Saturday, October 6th 2018 : Alpha Community Gathering No.3

Event Time…

World time Buddy Event : http://bit.ly/2N6njVp

Event “Schedule”

Event “Schedule” 

Join the game

Get on Discord Infinity Community Discord Server

As this patch will include Carrier testing, we’ll need to rack up some points, maybe a little PVP to farm, protect and escort haulers etc.

Then, when we can afford carriers, test out the mobile spawn mechanics, repair / rearm, assault some stations, take out some enemy haulers, etc.

We are likely to stream a portion of the event on the I-Novae YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/InfinitySupport/videos

Infinity: Battlescape - ALPHA Access Community Event

Originally posted on the official I-Novae Studios youtube channel.

Game Patch - Alpha 0.3.2.0 Feedback thread.

Weekly Update #127:  First Beta-access Week-end - 12-15th October

34fb7377b32264c67bd8f91db4be447dbdd6fde7

We are happy to announce that the first beta-access week-end for beta backers and above will launch on the 12th to 15th October week-end, starting next Friday at 19:00 UTC.

Any Infinity Battlescape backer who pledged at the beta tier ( Lunar supporter ) or above is elligible to participate and to get a taste of the game for the first time.

Note that the game is still in alpha development; this is not an announcement for the official beta launch. As you know, development of the game has been delayed by almost a year by now so just like we did for alpha backers, we are now hosting restricted play-test week-ends for beta backers so that they can experience the game as soon as possible.

Permanent beta access is currently scheduled for early 2019.

If this is your first time playing the game, you will have to associate your Kickstarter or IndieGoGo email to an I-Novae account. More information about this procedure and the beta week-end can be found in this thread:

https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/infinity-battlescape-beta-week-end-12-15-october-2018/7112

We are hoping to see you in-game this next week-end !

Patch 0.3.2.0

Yesterday we released patch 0.3.2.0. This patch adds support for respawning at carriers, which now act as mobile bases. The patch also revamped the repair/rearm mechanics. In previous versions, corvettes could generate a “supply crate”, which had to be picked up in the battlefield in order to get ammo. During testing we found this mechanic to be too difficult to use during battles, so instead we are now generating a passive aura around corvettes which automatically repair and rearm allied ships within range. It is now also possible to get repaired or resupplied while docking back in bases and stations hangars.

Going forward, we will release a new patch next thursday right before the beta-access week-end launch. As there are only 4 days left, we will primarily focus on stability, a pass of optimization, bug fixing and HUD improvements.

Dan hosted a community event (where a bunch of players gather on the server at the same time and play together) yesterday evening. If you missed it, the VOD is available on youtube:

-Flavien Brebion

Infinity Battlescape Beta weekend 12-15 October 2018

Originally posted by I-NovaeFlavien CTO/President & Cofounder - source link - FAQ about the beta weekend.

Doing gods work here with the constant updates, much appreciated !

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Beta Week-end #1 - OUT - post feedback here

https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/beta-week-end-1-out-post-feedback-here/7814

The first Beta Week-end has just started.

Post any feedback you have ( especially if it’s your first trial of the game ) in this thread.

Screenshots / videos / etc… welcome too.