VR Game lets players experience the 9/11 attacks

Jerakl

Did 9/11 even happen

9/11 was an inside job

tumblr_mc0q70E7CY1rzhv5ho1_500.gif

It isn't about "good guys winning". It's about respecting the lives lost on 9/11. Its sick that someone would think "experiencing" being an innocent victim in a terrorist attack is entertaining. I'm sure the people that developed this shit would think it'd be cool to see people jumping out of their building and eventually having it collapse on them and kill them as well.

Disgusting.

Honestly, your reply reminds me of the people I see in the YouTube comments section that are completely ignorant to Americans because they're American. I don't know if that's indeed the case or not (and I mean no offense if this isn't the case), but it isn't a simple "oh the good guys lose, this sucks" situation.

its not a game for entertainment it was a school project and TBH i think it could be a very good educational tool. it was a jfk moment in history it will be etched in my mind forever.

also do you play games like COD? or WW2 shooters?......same thing

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

its not a game for entertainment it was a school project and TBH i think it could be a very good educational tool. it was a jfk moment in history it will be etched in my mind forever.

also do you play games like COD? or WW2 shooters?......same thing

Explain to me how Call of Duty and other WWII shooters equate to being slaughtered by Nazis and terrorists. I'm curious because I've never played a game like that.

How you can even think it's close to the same thing baffles me.

And like I've said before, it's no more educational than educational films, books, and documentaries.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Did 9/11 even happen

No it didn't.

The 11th day of September is actually September 12th. The 11th day of September simply does not exist. The calendar manufacturers are working with the government to make sure all the sheeple do not discover that September 11 is not a real day. It is all just a ruse conjured up by the shadow masters who control Obama and other politicians like puppets. Jet fuel can't melt steal beams but the hidden laser on the moon certainly can!

Meh.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Explain to me how Call of Duty and other WWII shooters equate to being slaughtered by Nazis and terrorists. I'm curious because I've never played a game like that.

And like I've said before, it's no more educational than educational films, books, and documentaries.

Cod MW2 had a level where your character tried to infiltrate a terrorist group to gain information. He helps them with an attack on an airport. For the first half of the level you're shooting civilians and security guards. People run and scream and some are shown crawling away in trails of blood. It equates very well to this case, only you're the terrorist in this one.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Cod MW2 had a level where your character tried to infiltrate a terrorist group to gain information. He helps them with an attack on an airport. For the first half of the level you're shooting civilians and security guards. People run and scream and some are shown crawling away in trails of blood. It equates very well to this case, only you're the terrorist in this one.

Only you're the terrorist in a fictional event, not someone who's being slaughtered in a historical event.

It's extremely different.

Привет товарищ ))))

Best thing about that "No Russian" was that nobody forced you to shooting - you don't need to kill any civilian. 

Only you're the terrorist in a fictional event, not someone who's being slaughtered in a historical event.

It's also there for story, shock, and entertainment value, whereas this simulation isn't.

OK, if we're really going to go the whole morality high road thing. Why does that make it any better? They aren't being disrespectful towards the victims, they aren't sensationalizing anything. Why is the game not as bad simply because it's fictional even though it's much more brutal, cold, over the top, and even done that way to entertain?

Are all fictional books amd movies about real events the same in your eyes as this simulation? Did you hate and speak out against things like 'the boy in the striped pajamas' as much as you have this? If not, why? There are many things based off of historical events, made to be realistic, supposed to follow an actual person, that are much worse than this. Is it because this was made for VR? Because it's not in the form of a history book, movie, or documentary like you've been repeating?

Why. What makes this particular simulation so much worse than everything else? Why is it inherently worse because it was made to be realistic rather than fictional?

Please excuse me for not understanding your line of thought here. I can understand not liking it, but your arguments don't make sense to me.

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Best thing about that "No Russian" was that nobody forced you to shooting - you don't need to kill any civilian.

If you wanted to, you could completely skip it too.

It's also there for story, shock, and entertainment value, whereas this simulation isn't.

OK, if we're really going to go the whole morality high road thing. Why does that make it any better? They aren't being disrespectful towards the victims, they aren't sensationalizing anything. Why is the game not as bad simply because it's fictional even though it's much more brutal, cold, over the top, and even done that way to entertain?

Are all fictional books amd movies about real events the same in your eyes as this simulation? Did you hate and speak out against things like 'the boy in the striped pajamas' as much as you have this? If not, why? There are many things based off of historical events, made to be realistic, supposed to follow an actual person, that are much worse than this. Is it because this was made for VR? Because it's not in the form of a history book, movie, or documentary like you've been repeating?

Why. What makes this particular simulation so much worse than everything else? Why is it inherently worse because it was made to be realistic rather than fictional?

Please excuse me for not understanding your line of thought here. I can understand not liking it, but your arguments don't make sense to me.

VR is intended to put you into the experience. It's supposed to make you feel like you're there and like you're truly experiencing it. It's more than just informing and educating. That is something that shouldn't be done with things like terrorist attacks. I don't know how you can't understand my reasoning, I've explained it countless times because people keep on making me repeat myself in this thread.

Привет товарищ ))))

medal of honour had you land on the beaches at D-day and, at the time, it was praised for its realism and immersion. both Cod and medal of honour put you in actual battles that happend. its no different to putting you into the trade centre at the time of the attacks. the fact that you cant see this shows your ignorance.....but wait.....whats this there is more.

there isnt much diferance between creating a fictious event, based on real events and actually recreating real events. it still has the power to educate.

VR is intended to put you into the experience. It's supposed to make you feel like you're there and like you're truly experiencing it. It's more than just informing and educating.

wait what? did you really just say that? so VR is more imersive and more "real" yet you dont think it can be used to educate.....your trolling right. nobody is this stupid. nah your trolling

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

But it can weaken them enough to cause 60%-80% of a 110 story building to disintegrate in a matter of seconds... twice in the same day.  Logic man, L O G I C.

I have no idea why the word "game" is used in the title because it is clearly not.

Is this any difference from books/documentations/movies that we have seen so much about wars? A lot of these media share the same intention of attempting to make their audiences feel what the protagonists feel in said media, some uses the viewpoint of a victim, while some uses the viewpoint of a terrorist. For me this is merely a different media in attempt to present history and I see nothing wrong in this, unless they are made to mislead the viewers about what really happened at the event.

It is true that nothing can make a viewer truly feel what happens to the victims that day, not even VR, but it being the closest thing we have in attempt to present what the victims might have felt during the event doesn't make it "distasteful" or "shitty" imo.

inb4 "Terrorist Simulator 2016"

Or lets see if the mass-media blows this out when its really just a 'VR-Demo'

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

inb4 "Terrorist Simulator 2016"

Or lets see if the mass-media blows this out when its really just a 'VR-Demo'

Too late :mellow: :

What?  This is a simulation?  For entertainment?  What is the subject matter again? 

Next year at E3!:  Drone Victim Simulator Pro:  "Did you ever wonder what it would be like to experience a hellfire missile from 3 meters?"

Still waiting on a horse riding sim for the horse enthusiasts stuck in the middle of a city :|

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

VR is intended to put you into the experience. It's supposed to make you feel like you're there and like you're truly experiencing it. It's more than just informing and educating. That is something that shouldn't be done with things like terrorist attacks. I don't know how you can't understand my reasoning, I've explained it countless times because people keep on making me repeat myself in this thread.

Why?.. who are you? the VR police? 

I have literally NO issues with people making VR experiences of horrific real life events, as long as they are displayed with respect and as much accuracy (or should I say authenticity) as possible

I understand why you would see it as distasteful but equally some things you just have to "experience" to understand, reading about jumping out of a burning building is one thing, watching it on tv is bad, but living it yourself is horrible and having that experience will help people visualise these things

VR simulations dont all have to be "walk in the flower gardens", as long as they are not sold as "games" and are sold as "educational VR" I see no issue

I dont expect to see these things on steam greenlight

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why?.. who are you? the VR police? 

I have literally NO issues with people making VR experiences of horrific real life events, as long as they are displayed with respect and as much accuracy (or should I say authenticity) as possible

I understand why you would see it as distasteful but equally some things you just have to "experience" to understand, reading about jumping out of a burning building is one thing, watching it on tv is bad, but living it yourself is horrible and having that experience will help people visualise these things

VR simulations dont all have to be "walk in the flower gardens", as long as they are not sold as "games" and are sold as "educational VR" I see no issue

I dont expect to see these things on steam greenlight

Who am I? Who are you?

I don't care if you have no issues with it, I do. It's a public forum, I believe I'm entitle to my own opinion. My opinion is that you cannot simply "experience" events such as 9/11 through VR. It isn't right. Is there a problem with that?

Привет товарищ ))))

I don't care if you have no issues with it, I do. It's a public forum, I believe I'm entitle to my own opinion. My opinion is that you cannot simply "experience" events such as 9/11 through VR. It isn't right. Is there a problem with that?

Huh, when did I say you were not entitled to your own opinion? I explicitly stated  that I personally had no issue with it, and proceeded to explain WHY I think that

I never said you were wrong, or were not allowed to disagree 

I just said that in my opinion, some things can only be conveyed through a virtual experience, which would have more impact than reading a paragraph about  it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Huh, when did I say you were not entitled to your own opinion? I explicitly stated that I personally had no issue with it, and proceeded to explain WHY I think that

I never said you were wrong, or were not allowed to disagree

I just said that in my opinion, some things can only be conveyed through a virtual experience, which would have more impact than reading a paragraph about it

Yeah. It is just that the argument that you are against VR 9/11 is bollocks. No offense but you sound like someone who is saying no just to say no. I mean, you are not offended by a game qhere you go around and kill a bunch of arabs but the minute you are the victim it is the end of the world. I thinl they should also make auschwitz vr ready and take tours there in virtual reality to try and picture how it was back then. As a learning tool I can't think of anything better.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

Yeah. It is just that the argument that you are against VR 9/11 is bollocks. No offense but you sound like someone who is saying no just to say no. I mean, you are not offended by a game qhere you go around and kill a bunch of arabs but the minute you are the victim it is the end of the world. I thinl they should also make auschwitz vr ready and take tours there in virtual reality to try and picture how it was back then. As a learning tool I can't think of anything better.

No I am not offended, as long as it is not a video game, or as long as the material is kept respectful

an Auschwitz VR I would consider the same way, if it was to show the horrors of the camp, and had like people come in shouting orders, people being dragged away, it would be a horrible experience, but it would be 100x more imactful than reading it

Seeing children pulled away from their mothers, and people stood with you dragged to the gas chambers is more horrific than "sometimes the Nazis would take people away" - seeing it and hearing it, would be amazing as a learning resource

I was not sure what you meant by the "you are not offended by a game where you go around and kill a bunch of arabs, but the minute you are the victim it is the end of the world" - can you explain what you meant?

No I am not offended, as long as it is not a video game, or as long as the material is kept respectful

an Auschwitz VR I would consider the same way, if it was to show the horrors of the camp, and had like people come in shouting orders, people being dragged away, it would be a horrible experience, but it would be 100x more imactful than reading it

Seeing children pulled away from their mothers, and people stood with you dragged to the gas chambers is more horrific than "sometimes the Nazis would take people away" - seeing it and hearing it, would be amazing as a learning resource

I was not sure what you meant by the "you are not offended by a game where you go around and kill a bunch of arabs, but the minute you are the victim it is the end of the world" - can you explain what you meant?

Ok. Sorry for my previous post. I actually meant to quote the other guy who is againat vr not you. I have no problem with what you say. I am however of the opinion that if someone wants to make a non serious game about any of these issues, he has a right to do it and I may enjoy it. But I have a twisted sense of humour anyways.

And yeah. Auschwitz vr experience would be awesome in a not so pleasing way. I think AR and VR sgould be in every museum becauae truth be told museums are generally too static in this day and age.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

Yanks basically just need to get over themselves.  The rest of the world couldn't give much of a shit about your loss.

You invade countries literally on a yearly basis, calling them "terrorists", wiping out villages and trying to keep it quiet.  When really they are equal in every way to you, except when you travel 10 miles it's usually in an elevator up a building reflecting the size of cock the architect wished he had.

You create war games EVERY YEAR depicting (and celebrating the way only yanks can) millions off innocent victims being slaughtered by you.

I'm sure a good proportion of you were happy to play along with the wolfenstein games, which heavily reference NAZI GERMANY.  9/11 DOESN'T COME CLOSE.  NO ONE CARES ABOUT IT OR YOU.