HDMI & VGA at the same time on a laptop ?

Bacchus
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

Triple screen support for Intel GPUs is only found on Haswell and later. Ivy Bridge (HD 4000) and earlier only support up to two displays, including the laptop's built in display.

Hello ,  I have a laptop (Integrated Graphics Intel HD 4000)  with HDMI and VGA outputs.

-The VGA output is connected with a TV

-I just got a new Monitor that I connected with the HDMI output.

Why can't I have both the TV and Monitor at the same time? When I plug the TV the monitor won't be recognize and vice versa.

post-270649-0-09028000-1446169228.jpg

post-270649-0-63623300-1446169229.jpg

Same problem as for me, it seems like the internal card has not enough bandwidth to support so much screens.

Some display devices don't support more than one GPU at a time. It's plain that simple. Unless of course you have a display disabled in Control Panel.

Same problem as for me, it seems like the internal card has not enough bandwidth to support so much screens.

well, that sucks ! and this new Monitor is a 1440p, but sadly I can only do a 1080p Resolution due to the lack of an HDMI 1.3 on my laptop LOL. 

Anyways I am building my very first rig soon since I have been with this laptop for the past 3 years and know is getting obsolete by todays demans , just waiting for Black Friday for some good sales.

Thanks a lot for replaying : )

Some display devices don't support more than one GPU at a time. It's plain that simple. Unless of course you have a display disabled in Control Panel.

Either one or the other gets recognize 

screenshot --- > http://prntscr.com/8wwp0r

Yup, you're GPU just can't support it!

Sad news :( 

intel HD can only use 2 monitors. The new iris iGPUs can support 3 however.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.