Speedfan not detecting fans?

CC268

Just downloaded Speedfan as I got all my case fans in today. I have (4) be quiet! Silent Wings 2 PWM fans and 2 Fractal Venturi HP-14 PWM fans on my Kraken x61.

I have been using the NZXT CAM software to control my fans for my Kraken x61, but I don't think it will allow me to control my case fans. I basically have my Venturi HP-14s hooked up to CPUFAN1 header and I have an 8 way Swiftech PWM hub that is hooked up to CPUFAN2 header.

I can control my case fans using the MSI Command Center app, but I hate it - and I feel like it could potentially interfere with my NZXT CAM software.

I downloaded Speedfan, but nothing pops up under the Fans tab.

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Don't use speedfan, use HWMonitor, Speedfan is really buggy, especially with newer platforms. It gave me bad readings when I tried it with my board.

Does your mobo see them in BIOS? If not, you may need to update BIOS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

(Waiting to mod to merge your crossposts...)

So you have all fans connected to CPU and CPU_OPT? Those are generally controlled by same controller chip. So they will all follow CPU temp curve by default. Fans that mobo detects should show on main window also.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The fans show up in BIOS and MSI Command Center. If I can't get it to work it's not a huge deal as I will just setup a basic curve in the BIOS.

Just seems weird that Speedfan doesn't recognize them at all.

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Don't use speedfan, use HWMonitor, Speedfan is really buggy, especially with newer platforms. It gave me bad readings when I tried it with my board.

Can you setup fan curves in HWMonitor?

No. You might need to tell Speedfan which controller chips to use. See this for how to do it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/404465-confused-about-changing-fan-speeds-50/?p=5453137

Thanks, I will give this a shot this evening when I am home.

Tried following your guide you posted, but nothing shows up...guess it just doesn't like my mobo...

post-252521-0-44861600-1446248395_thumb.

post-252521-0-25516100-1446248442_thumb.

Tried following your guide you posted, but nothing shows up...guess it just doesn't like my mobo...

Might be. Or controller chip isn't supported.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv