$100-$150 Gaming Headset Recommendations

TheAlmightyChalupa

Hey, I'm in the market for a solid new headset for competitive gaming. I already have a mic so another isn't necessary. A muted color palette and being wireless would be preferable, but not if it sacfrices audio quality. Thanks in advance!

Hey, I'm in the market for a solid new headset for competitive gaming. I already have a mic so another isn't necessary. A muted color palette and being wireless would be preferable, but not if it sacfrices audio quality. Thanks in advance!

Wait for the new Logitech Gaming Headset, it's going to be 200$ but it looks bad ass.  I'm stuck with my K702's and a mod mic.  The bass is so tight it kills me.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Hyper X Cloud II for wired, Corsair Void Wireless for wireless

Or the hyper x cloud core if you don't need the extra stuff.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Hyper X Cloud II for wired, Corsair Void Wireless for wireless

Dont bother with normal gaming headsets!

Compared to standard headphones they are terrible!

Go and buy a decent set of headphones such as the HD 558!

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

558s don't really have that much soundstage (if he is looking for competitive gaming). SHP9500s if you can find them.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Wait for the new Logitech Gaming Headset, it's going to be 200$ but it looks bad ass.  I'm stuck with my K702's and a mod mic.  The bass is so tight it kills me.

my G933's shipped yesterday!

OP, the G633 is similar and already out, it's only 150, but it's wired. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Ignore all the terrible suggestions above and get ad900x for gaming.

For competitive, the Sennheiser G4ME One or Audio Technica ADG-1, hands down. The 55x/59x (drivers found in the G4ME One) from Sennheiser have been well regarded for their soundstage and positional audio in FPS games for years and have become a staple for many fps pros for home use. The AD900X (drivers found in ADG-1) is another with exemplary soundstage and positional audio that makes it another great pick.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2