Do I really need a shock mount?

Drkrinklez

Hi I am getting the AT 2020 USB for gameplay commentary, skyping, teamspeak, and just basic stuff like that, nothing special, do I need a 

Samson SP01? Or any shock mount at all? Thanks!

I have one; it came with my scissor arm I believe. They're nice, and if it isn't going to be much more I'd get one.

This is what I have I believe. Not 100% sure though. Hell, my shock mount may have come with my AT2035.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I have one; it came with my scissor arm I believe. They're nice, and if it isn't going to be much more I'd get one.

This is what I have I believe. Not 100% sure though. Hell, my shock mount may have come with my AT2035.

I have that exact arm stand im talking about a shock mount

Yes you need one. Please get one. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

You definitely do not need one, but it would be a nice addition if you can afford it.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

You definitely do not need one, but it would be a nice addition if you can afford it.

what is it for exactally im not too clear

no.

It prevents static pops so your friend's ears don't hurt when you talk.  Basically.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

no.

It prevents static pops so your friend's ears don't hurt when you talk.  Basically.

thats a pop filter

if you bump your desk it won't be as loud, and the vibrations from your pc etc. wont get into your mic

tbh only specific people need them

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

no.

That's not what a shock mount does.... That's a pop filter.  Having used the AT2020 for over a year, I would recommend a shockmount if you have one.  Any little bump your hands make on the table from typing, mouse movement etc will be reflected in the mic just like how WAN Show had to put a t-shirt under their mic a few weeks ago for a similar problem.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Prevents vibrations from bumping table and such

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That's not what a shock mount does.... That's a pop filter.  Having used the AT2020 for over a year, I would recommend a shockmount if you have one.  Any little bump your hands make on the table from typing, mouse movement etc will be reflected in the mic just like how WAN Show had to put a t-shirt under their mic a few weeks ago for a similar problem.

yup, wrong thing. my bad.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."