Need help FAST!

20KApollo

Right! Here's my issue, I've recently decided to rebuild my gaming pc.

Now i know about pc's and stuff, but i really am struggling to find out whether all the components i've listed below will be compatible and i don't know if everything will fit fine into the case.

Now here's what i've manage to find out on my own: The motherboard is SATA 2 and the HDD is sata 3, but it's compatible and will have to run at 3gbps rather than 6 but i don't mind.

The CPU works with the motherboard.

The Gpu works with the motherboard, even thought the Motherboard is PCI 2.0 and the GPU is PCI 3.0. But i have read that the card is a PCI 3.0 express. i don't know if the motherboard has a PCI 3.0 express slot/thing

Really i'm concerned whether it'll all fit into my Case. The issue is that some reviews state the size has changed or is differant to the listed so there's alot of discrepancy :/.

Note: I'm 15 and on a budget of £600 exactly, i have around £40 of leeway left in my budget for the shipping so if i need a bigger case i'm fudged.

I've also done the research on the gpu and cpu and it's perfect for what i want to play so plz don't hate! D:<

Please help

I'll be here 24/7 to reply to all help given. Sorry if i've got some info wrong and if i sound like a idiot, been about 2 years since i last tried to build a pc :/

Gpu

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ICUGOP0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_13&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

CPU

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009O7YORK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_14&smid=A3HJ00Y33E8TY8

Ram

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J8E91H2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_11&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

PowerSupply

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ALK3QRS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_10&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Hard drive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FJRS6FU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_9&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Cpu Cooler/fan

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0068OI7T8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Motherboard

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054U7HIO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_7&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

The Case!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CiT-Vantage-Type-R-Gaming-Reader/dp/B0064LFTR8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8#productDetails

try http://pcpartpicker.com/

IMO drop amd cpus ...until zen comes...

total budget? already got display and peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Use PCPartPicker to put together your stuff and it will automatically tell you if there are clearance/compatibility issues to worry about

as for the parts themselves, can't you get a smaller motherboard with SATAIII ports? The micro ATX mobos are usually 40% cheaper than their regular sized brothers.

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1

Use PCPartPicker to put together your stuff and it will automatically tell you if there are clearance/compatibility issues to worry about

as for the parts themselves, can't you get a smaller motherboard with SATAIII ports? The micro ATX mobos are usually 40% cheaper than their regular sized brothers.

I've had a quick search, but i'm using amazon and i don't have the time to check compatibility's with the new motherboard. Link?

Most people will tell you, stay away from Corsair CX PSUs.

PCI-E is backwards and forwards compatible, meaning you can use that CPU and motherboard.

To answer everyone else, that is an mATX board. the upside-down h is the symbol for micro...

To the OP: It should work, however, the FX-6350 is much better than the 6300, but Intel are better still, and that GPU could be much better.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Most people will tell you, stay away from Corsair CX PSUs.

PCI-E is backwards and forwards compatible, meaning you can use that CPU and motherboard.

To answer everyone else, that is an mATX board. the upside-down h is the symbol for micro...

To the OP: It should work, however, the FX-6350 is much better than the 6300, but Intel are better still, and that GPU could be much better

Like i said i'm budgeted, i know it's better :P. i was also going ot go for a R7 370 MSI 4gb which would've been better buti would've had no money left for the shipping and occasional change in pricing.

Also whats wrong with the PSU???

it's the worst of the cx series

yes, i said the worst

Why?!, explain

Right seems i've chose a crappy PSU.

Anyone know one better for intense 5-6 hour gaming sessions?.

thats also reliable and wont SET FIRE!>?

Uk amazon link would be lovely!

meh capacitors, awful performance at 30c+ ambient temperatures, and overpriced

Amazon Uk link to one bettter for 5-6 hour intense gaming sessions!?.

Why do you need to buy from Amazon?

PCpartpicker (Use the UK version here: uk.pcpartpicker.com) is much better and will give you the best prices for every component. The reason CX PSUs are bad: READ this:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/434993-the-corsair-cx-series/

If you feel that thats TL:DR, then:

Short explanation as to why these PSUs are generally not recommended: The CX600 and below have an ambient temp tolerance of 30C which is extremely poor, especially if you live in a hot climate. The PSU will soon shut off after breaching much more than this temperature. The CX750 and above do not have this issue as they are rebrands of the Corsair GS series HOWEVER they are quite overpriced when much better EVGA/Antec/Seasonic/XFX/etc units exist at lower price points.

'Long explanation

The above but let's explain why 30C is a poor temperature. Isn't that a fairly warm temperature? My room is only 25C, should I be concerned?

Yes.

Unless you have an open-air case or your PSU is separate from your components (like in a Corsair Air 240/540 case) or you are watercooling (please don't build a watercooled build with the CX-series, thanks) then your system is likely going to breach this constantly as heat is preserved in your case. If you live in Abu Dhabi, Somalia, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Houston, etc, your summer heat is simply too much for the poor thing to bear whether you have air-conditioning on or not. If you live in a cooler climate then you are likely to be hitting this temperature during the summer but less likely during the rest of the year. If you have hotter hardware (290X or GTX Titan type GPUs) then you are simply taking a huge risk running this with a CX-series. The PSU restarts to save itself but that does mean that you can lose valuable data and projects on your PC, and, in the event the PSU legitimately dies, the loss of your graphics card, motherboard, hard drive and other precious components.

This is how Corsair advertises their CX-series power supplies.

Source: http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply-units/cx-series

They are a great option for office PCs or granny's Facebook machine and are a good upgrade from the generic PSU in your dad's Lenovo that is literally a bomb with a free fan included to keep it cool. Some versions come with modular connections which is a nice feature on a low-end PSU. That does not make it a PSU for anything with a hot GPU in it.

Here's an example of what I would consider to be the very limit of what I would place a CX-series (600W or less) in. This is a nice, cheap budget system to get playing games on for $500 USD.

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($65.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($44.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card  ($127.47 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.75 @ Amazon) 
Total: $490.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-21 18:38 EDT-0400

Note a GPU that isn't crazy hot. 

Keep in mind that this same concept doesn't apply with no GPU. It may very well be safe to run an i7 4790 with no discrete graphics card if you build a system like that. However I would say that any GPU over the GTX 960/R9 270 in terms of heat output is not a good combination with the low-end CX series. Any overclocking should also be avoided.

Hope this explains all the confusion about the Corsair CX-series seen here on the daily. If you want to post a build here asking "is there CX-*** OK with this build?" then that is ay-OK.

Might as well tag @Aniallation @Sam Z Man since they like electrical things that power other things as well.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Why do you need to buy from Amazon?

PCpartpicker (Use the UK version here: uk.pcpartpicker.com) is much better and will give you the best prices for every component. The reason CX PSUs are bad: READ this:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/434993-the-corsair-cx-series/

If you feel that thats TL:DR, then:

I can only buy from Amazon because i'm 15 YES!! 15, and i have one of those mums that only trust amazon -_- *help me*

Hey, I have a £300 gaming build coming, and as I have managed to scavenge half the parts cheap... See if you can afford the GTX 770 from MSI at Overclockers UK, It's only £130 and has great performance in even current gen games.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

Hey, I have a £300 gaming build coming, and as I have managed to scavenge half the parts cheap... See if you can afford the GTX 770 from MSI at Overclockers UK, It's only £130 and has great performance in even current gen games.

I know about the GTX 770 but my budget wouldn't have any room left fo price changing on certain products and the shipping cost D: . Basicly what ive chosen is what i need aside from The psu, but i need a 750 w PSU thats good for high temps at a price of at max £75 any reccomendations??

Right seems i've chose a crappy PSU.

Anyone know one better for intense 5-6 hour gaming sessions?.

thats also reliable and wont SET FIRE!>?

Uk amazon link would be lovely!

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£85.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£33.46 @ Dabs) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£64.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  (£169.44 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (£41.81 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £536.10
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-27 13:37 GMT+0000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I can only buy from Amazon because i'm 15 YES!! 15, and i have one of those mums that only trust amazon -_- *help me*

Feel for you dude, explain to your mum that she will end up forking out more for just using amazon, shop around and gets the parts from the cheapest place, sadly amazon is RARELY the cheapest place these days...

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64