Does anyother country do this with new phones?

YT2002

In Australia, you can get prepaid and contract devices from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone. However, if you get a phone on a contract or a prepaid (a phone that comes with a sim), the people at the telcos will open your device up for you and set it up all the way to the home screen. Is this normal in other countries? Because Ive seen youtubers unbox phones from carriers that are brand new.

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

In Australia, you can get prepaid and contract devices from Telstra, Optus and Vodafone. However, if you get a phone on a contract or a prepaid (a phone that comes with a sim), the people at the telcos will open your device up for you and set it up all the way to the home screen. Is this normal in other countries? Because Ive seen youtubers unbox phones from carriers that are brand new.

It's up to the customer.

Kind 'a stupid to buy such tech and not to check it right in the store.

Nah, in the US you buy your phone and go home, activate it yourself, and then boom. Phone.

You can get the guy who sells the phones to activate it too, but I have found it;s faster to do it myself. Also, a lot of phones can beam contacts, pictures, music, and other data to another phone using NFC, so that's not even a problem anymore.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

It's up to the customer.

Kind 'a stupid to buy such tech and not to check it right in the store.

When I got my grandmothers new phones they didnt even ask and theys set it up

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

When I got my grandmothers new phones they didnt even ask and theys set it up

I believe, u can ask them not to do this, but it's always easier to check it out and avoid those RMA things.

I believe, u can ask them not to do this, but it's always easier to check it out and avoid those RMA things.

Well they never do that with anything else

My phone came with free bloat from Optus, thanks.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

I think in Singapore they still do this (correct me if I am wrong fellow Singaporeans), they usually do this so that you can verify the phone is working when you leave the store.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Here they only setup your phone where you stand (in the store) if you want. (costumers choice)

I would personally not accept this, If I buy a new product I expect it to be in the freaking box.

I find your telco an ass.

SNIP

yeah here in the UK in store they set up your phone for free infront of you, but you can ask them not to

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii