SHOULD I or Shouldn't I build my own

SNorman

This links in with my topic here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474062-to-wait-or-not-to-wait

My build (probably)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£140.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£48.42 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£34.98 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£34.98 @ Dabs)
Storage: Toshiba  1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£31.19 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  (£89.89 @ More Computers)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£27.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£38.49 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £446.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-26 19:51 GMT+0000

Or this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Bc3RdC

But I'm debating should or shouldn't I build it myself or get someone else to build it. I'm only young (14) but would like the experience although I am nervous about building my own as I don't trust myself and wouldn't know how to fix problems. Any advice or tips

I mean, building isn't the hardest thing. Mostly these days it's just plug and play, the hardest thing would be mounting the CPU cooler.

EDIT- Nvm, you're gonna use the stock cooler, that's super easy.

I used to be quite active here.

I built my first PC when I was 10, and it worked fine. As long as you do not try to force anything into connectors, shock anything with static electricity, or spill water on stuff, ect you will be fine. 

Do it yourself, built my first computer on my 13th birthday and it was easy :P

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

for the love of god

please don't get that Toshiba drive please get a Hitachi drive instead

This links in with my topic here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474062-to-wait-or-not-to-wait My build (probably) PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchantCPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£140.99 @ Amazon UK)Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£48.42 @ CCL Computers)Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£34.98 @ Amazon UK)Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£34.98 @ Dabs)Storage: Toshiba  1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£31.19 @ Aria PC)Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  (£89.89 @ More Computers)Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£27.99 @ Amazon UK)Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£38.49 @ Amazon UK)Total: £446.93Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-26 19:51 GMT+0000 Or this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Bc3RdC But I'm debating should or shouldn't I build it myself or get someone else to build it. I'm only young (14) but would like the experience although I am nervous about building my own as I don't trust myself and wouldn't know how to fix problems. Any advice or tips

I am building my first one this Xmas and I am only 13 :) It looks and sounds quite easy. Also, for your computer do you have a £450 or a £500 budget? Because I could come up with some better builds for that amount of money.

I'm just going to comment that you should build your own PC. Since you are young, it can be scary. It's a lot of money and there are quite a few things that could go wrong (although it is very easy to do things safely and correctly)

Building your own PC no only can save you money, but teaches you how to troubleshoot your own PC when something weird starts happening. It gives you an awesome feeling when you push that power button and the computer posts for the first time. Building a PC will let you not be afraid to open up computers later on in life, and your friends will ask YOU to fix their computers (and you can make some easy money this way too!)

I built my first PC around your age, and I've never regretted it. Find somebody local to you to help you, or take apart and put together an old PC first if you would like the extra confidence.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Do it yourself, built my first computer on my 13th birthday and it was easy :P

I built my first PC when I was 10, and it worked fine. As long as you do not try to force anything into connectors, shock anything with static electricity, or spill water on stuff, ect you will be fine. 

The experience is so fun, I recommend doing it yourself.

I got into computers when I was 12, and loved to tinker with old computers.

I built my first PC when I was 13.

I mean, building isn't the hardest thing. Mostly these days it's just plug and play, the hardest thing would be mounting the CPU cooler.

EDIT- Nvm, you're gonna use the stock cooler, that's super easy.

Building a computer is literally easier done than said. So I say do it.

Should I wait until black friday to see if I can get any parts cheaper? As people want to know what to start buying for christmas so should I tell them to wait or go ahead without waiting for Black Friday

building a PC is huge, huge, huge, huge fun .... and easier than you might think

Did I mention its fun too ???

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

This links in with my topic here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474062-to-wait-or-not-to-wait

My build (probably)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£48.42 @ CCL Computers)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£38.49 @ Amazon UK)

But I'm debating should or shouldn't I build it myself or get someone else to build it. I'm only young (14) but would like the experience although I am nervous about building my own as I don't trust myself and wouldn't know how to fix problems. Any advice or tips

build it yourself..BUT.....have someone who knows what they are doing...watching you to make sure you do it right

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Should I wait until black friday to see if I can get any parts cheaper? As people want to know what to start buying for christmas so should I tell them to wait or go ahead without waiting for Black Friday

When I first started, I just went on various PC sites and fleabay to find stuff and it took about three months from first purchase to first power on. I got stuff for a steal though, mainly 16GB DDR3 for 50 USD

I'd wait out on the GPU until black friday, rest of the stuff would probably be fine though.

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

for the love of god

please don't get that Toshiba drive please get a Hitachi drive instead

Whats wrong with the toshiba HDD

Wouldn't hurt to wait if you don't need it now.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

PS Whats wrong with the toshiba HDD

I've had 3 toshiba drives all fail on me.

Everything is wrong with them :/

wait till black friday or cutback someplace because please for the love of god no toshiba drives

I'd wait out on the GPU until black friday, rest of the stuff would probably be fine though.

Thanks

build it yourself..BUT.....have someone who knows what they are doing...watching you to make sure you do it right

Thanks the problem there is no one

I've had 3 toshiba drives all fail on me.

Everything is wrong with them :/

wait till black friday or cutback someplace because please for the love of god no toshiba drives

Feel free to edit the list and bring me back a better drive uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3gCrkL

All you need is a screwdriver

Its cheaper and more fun then unboxing a stupid cardboard box to find your pc

I say build

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Wait for Black Friday. You'll probably save around $100 (on mobile so I don't want to convert it). If you don't mind waiting, I'd say you should wait a little :)

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

My build (probably)

Please don't get a HHD get a SSHD they are a tiny bit cheaper but wayyyyyyy faster, because they have some super fast cache (like a ssd)

If I don't have any tech savvy people to help then what do I do (apart from Linus on youtube)