windows 7 iso files

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

The Chrome logo looks really nice upside-down.

Anyways, just download the ISO from GetIntoPC, use Rufus or simply extract the ISO to a flash drive and you should be good.

hi im currently repairing a computer for my grandpa after a hard drive failure, which had to be thrown away and a new blank hard drive was bought. he has no installation disks for his computer, the only thing i have is the windows 7 home premium product key (pictured below) when i try to download a iso file from Microsoft, its says i need to contact asuspost-250074-0-06490400-1445815162_thumb.post-250074-0-29985200-1445815245_thumb. 

can someone please tell me how i can get windows back on his computer?

Anyways, just download the ISO from GetIntoPC, use Rufus or simply extract the ISO to a flash drive and you should be good.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

*ignore*

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

You can get the ISO directly from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

My PC specifications are in my profile.

You can get the ISO directly from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

That's assuming you have the product key on-hand which, for some reason, whenever I do my fresh installs I do not. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

That's assuming you have the product key on-hand which, for some reason, whenever I do my fresh installs I do not. 

You should get into the habit of writing down your product key and saving it somewhere you can access.  It's typically not a good idea to download files from third-party sources.  Utilize first-party channels whenever possible.

i Think also OEM windows keys dont allow you to download windows from microsoft they just say to contact the OEM for a backup disk. 

I've heard the same thing from a couple of different tech sites, but I haven't used an OEM computer to test this on.  A limitation like that is rather silly since the activation key is legitimate and so is the image file.

I should note that I bought an OEM version of Windows when building my computer and subsequent fresh installs have not been an issue.  Might be blocked at the BIOS level then.

You should get into the habit of writing down your product key and saving it somewhere you can access.  It's typically not a good idea to download files from third-party sources.  Utilize first-party channels whenever possible.

I have it as a JPEG (screenshot) on my storage drive that I never mess with between Windows installs. It always has what it has on it so unless it goes out I'm good. It also happens to be a friend's key (I'd tag him but his account was deleted) and, if in a pinch I can call him for it.

All u need is to find some one with a Windows 7 cd copy it as an iso file Google windows 7 ie.cfg removal tool run it and then burn it to a DVd. And now u have a universal install disk for all versions of Windows 7 from oem to retail pro and home versions.

I've heard the same thing from a couple of different tech sites, but I haven't used an OEM computer to test this on.  A limitation like that is rather silly since the activation key is legitimate and so is the image file.

Yeah when ever i have went to the windows site to download the Version i have needed in the past and used the product key on the bottom of the laptop it has always kicked it back as it has to be a Copy you specifically purchased and not pre installed on the system which is annoying as like you said your typing in a legit key that the laptop is already using i think they do that to try to limit people using thoses keys on other devices besides the intended ones but sucks for the end user 

• 1 month later...

Anyways, just download the ISO from GetIntoPC, use Rufus or simply extract the ISO to a flash drive and you should be good.IF

Can you just burn it on your dvd or cd disk? Or Does it simply needed to be an usb drive? (Cuz i have the same problem and trying to find a solution! )

Can you just burn it on your dvd or cd disk? Or Does it simply needed to be an usb drive? (Cuz i have the same problem and trying to find a solution! )

Using Rufus allows the user to EFI install windows while extracting does not.