Writing Video Game History

DigitalHermit

Hey there,

I'm currently having a crisis here... My proposal is due in less than 72 hours and I've run into a huge problem...

I need to write a brief history of video games as a primer for my topic...

Which video game titles should I include in the history? The focus is story-driven games, and games with a story...

Thanks...

grand theft auto iii, metal gear solid, etc

anything older?

I'm talking 1970s to modern times...

and yes, Metal Gear and Grand Theft Auto will be included...

anything older?

I'm talking 1970s to modern times...

and yes, Metal Gear and Grand Theft Auto will be included...

The mother series, final fantasy for rpgs anyway

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Can I suggest watching these to give you ideas?

(these are the all in one videos of his playlists)

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

It should be illegel if you don't include TLoZ and/or FF. Other options include Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, and Chronos Trigger.

I agree with TLoZ and FF but the audience of my thesis comprises of people almost completely disconnected from gaming so I might hold back on the other 3...

Any key 90's games that should be noted?

Any key 90's games that should be noted?

Hell yes, Systemshock 2 (1999), Half-Life (1998), and Xenogears (1998).

Some other titles worth looking at: Deus Ex (2000), Portal (It has to be both or none), Spec Ops: The Line (2012), Silent Hill 2 (2001) (You can actually write a whole essay about SH2).

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Hell yes, Systemshock 2 (1999), Half-Life (1998), and Xenogears (1998).

Some other titles worth looking at: Deus Ex (2000), Portal (It has to be both or none), Spec Ops: The Line (2012), Silent Hill 2 (2001) (You can actually write a whole essay about SH2).

Included HL since it's more popular. (again, the audience of the paper is composed of and aimed at people generally disconnected from gaming, and possibly even technology itself)

Mention how alien (the movie) influence a whole series of games and movies

I only mentioned game adaptations of movies (and vice versa) in passing and omitted the history of video games beyond the year 2000 since my point is already established.by the end of the 20th century.

Right now I'm having trouble finding data on the local state of gaming in the Philippines... partly because of a lack of actual available data on the matter...

Included HL since it's more popular. (again, the audience of the paper is composed of and aimed at people generally disconnected from gaming, and possibly even technology itself)

Spec Ops: The Line's story is actually pretty easy to understand. The way the game delivers the story is great. It lures you into thinking it's just another military shooter and then... well, it delivers a curveball. The thing is, you don't really see it coming, even though the game was throwing hints at you. Think of it as The Sixth Sense. If you've never played that game, you can just watch the cutscenes in YouTube, it's a short game.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

-snip-

Covers them all nicely. Pacman, mario, doom, GTA, Wii Sports etc.

Although entertaining, it is not formal enough to be used for academic purposes outside the research of music or lyrical composition...

Although entertaining, it is not formal enough to be used for academic purposes outside the research of music or lyrical composition...

Well yea. But it gives a pretty good list of paradigm-shifting titles. Misses Pokemon and includes Parappa the Rapper for some reason, but apart from that...