[Updated 11/4/15] Fallout 4 to NOT feature Nvidia Gameworks, but Nvidia is still working with Bethesda on the game.

ChrisxIxCross
Enderman, on 25 Oct 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

this is BS

it didnt "cripple" AMD performance

it was an option in the settings for effects which were specifically coded for nvidia GPUs, so obviously turning it on for AMD GPUs would reduce performance more than normal

the entire point of it being an "option" is so that people who have nvidia GPUs can use it, and if you dont have an nvidia GPU DONT FREAKING COMPLAIN ABOUT IT DECREASING YOUR PERFORMANCE because it was not made for your AMD GPU

seriously, just deal with it

if you want those special effects then buy a GPU from the company that actually has money to give help to developers to effortlessly implement sweet effects

it takes nothing away from AMD, and adds stuff if you have an nvidia GPU

100% correct. That is all I will say.

Look at Samsung and how big they are. Their name is literally on almost everything on the planet.

omg the way you phrased this is so fucking funnt

Because the internet likes to sensationalize everything and make a mountain out of a molehill, just like how they all complain about sensational headlines about some "Guy who short up a school played Call of Duty #GamerGate" or some shit.

Everyone just needs to calm the fook down

yeah, this is what i really hate about the internet

they throw stupid stigma at the smallest things, like fine, amd fans can throw shit at nvidia for them flat-out lying about the 970's specs (not the vram but the ROPs), but you can't exactly fault them for shitty development in project cars, at least

same with amd, as the 290x was pretty hot, but that became the basis of an excuse for nvidia fans to throw shit at amd

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Great that's what Fallout needs - bloatware for free marketing cash... fucking hell lol...

Well for the first time in this game history that I've followed closely since my childhood, and Fallout one of my favorite games, I won't buy this game.

Well done bethesda, well done.

I don't get that mindset. If you truly love the series you'd buy the game assuming it's a good PC version (like I hope everyone would wait to see before they make a purchase).

Is it really that big of a deal that some lighting effect toggles from Nvidia are being put in?

bogus, on 25 Oct 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

Great that's what Fallout needs - bloatware for free marketing cash... fucking hell lol...

Well for the first time in this game history that I've followed closely since my childhood, and Fallout one of my favorite games, I won't buy this game.

Well done bethesda, well done.

g4Q4an0.gif

Yay, purdy effects.

That is how I feel.  It just makes me realize, "Well, I am glad I am going with a 980ti", because this and DOOM will probably absorb my life.  Forever.  And ever.

that would be nice, but as you can see, different GPU brands need different GPU drivers because the architectures are completely different

AMD would need to release their own drivers specifically optimized for nvidia features, which they cant do for 3 reasons

1) they dont have enough money

2) they dont even release drivers that often, it takes them weeks after a game is released to have any optimizations or bug fixes

3) the nvidia code is not open source, and AMD would need to have the code to be able to optimize for it

I think a good step would be for AMD to do the same thing, make effects software and cooperate with developers to implement it, then be able to choose the effects based on your brand of GPU

But this runs into the first problem of not enough money

Yeah I guess the only option for AMD is to create their own middleware like Gameworks which they already kinda have with TressFX but thats pretty much it. If they had enough money it would be nice if we could see developers working with BOTH AMD/Nvidia on their games and implement Nvidia/AMD versions of said effects. Or Nvidia has their own suite of cool exclusive effects in the game while AMD has theirs. Then I think everybody would be happy.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Nvidia has their own suite of cool exclusive effects in the game while AMD has theirs. Then I think everybody would be happy.

this is exactly what needs to happen

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah I guess the only option for AMD is to create their own middleware like Gameworks which they already kinda have with TressFX but thats pretty much it. If they had enough money it would be nice if we could see developers working with BOTH AMD/Nvidia on their games and implement Nvidia/AMD versions of said effects. Or Nvidia has their own suite of cool exclusive effects in the game while AMD has theirs. Then I think everybody would be happy.

What would be even nicer is if developers would spend more time on their own game and not have to resort to quick implementations of "pretty effects" from any vendor.

I don't like exclusive graphics either, but it is what it is. Nvidia isn't forcing themselves onto anyone. Bethesda are the ones who made the decision and went with it. It's not that big of a deal.

If every company stayed the fuck out of other areas, they wouldn't be as successful. Look at Samsung and how big they are. Their name is literally on almost everything on the planet.

This should be an area Nvidia stays out of, because they aren't a fucking video game developer, and the games their shit is in isn't from developers they own or games they publish or anything like that. 

They keep going up to random companies they have no business with and make deals to get their barely functional features in their games, it's annoying.

The way to properly compete is to produce better products than your competitor, not going after the things both your products are designed to use and trying to make it run better on yours, or have as many features as possible that run better on yours.

That's just being fucking annoying. All they want is GameWorks and Nvidia to be in as many games as possible, to advertise.

I want companies that have no business in my games to stay out of them. 

What's next, Intel starts have specific features? How about my RAM manufacturer? Lets just have specific features from every component of my PC that is involved in the games performance.

Fucking. Dumb.

This should be an area Nvidia stays out of, because they aren't a fucking video game developer, and the games their shit is in isn't from developers they own or games they publish or anything like that. 

They keep going up to random companies they have no business with and make deals to get their barely functional features in their games, it's annoying.

The way to properly compete is to produce better products than your competitor, not going after the things both your products are designed to use and trying to make it run better on yours, or have as many features as possible that run better on yours.

That's just being fucking annoying. All they want is GameWorks and Nvidia to be in as many games as possible, to advertise.

I want companies that have no business in my games to stay out of them. 

What's next, Intel starts have specific features? How about my RAM manufacturer? Lets just have specific features from every component of my PC that is involved in the games performance.

Fucking. Dumb.

That's where you're wrong.

You have to be a game developer and then some to work at a graphics vendor (on their software specifically) - AMD or Nvidia. And by "some", I mean a lot.

Intel has had specific features for god knows how long. Everyone does. Big woop

That's where you're wrong.

You have to be a game developer and then some to work at a graphics vendor (on their software specifically) - AMD or Nvidia. And by "some", I mean a lot.

Intel has had specific features for god knows how long. Everyone does. Big woop

Intel goes and makes deals with other companies to have their product run better on their processors?

Or they have specific features such as speedstep and stuff which is completely different and isolated to the performance of their product?

I don't get that mindset. If you truly love the series you'd buy the game assuming it's a good PC version (like I hope everyone would wait to see before they make a purchase).

Is it really that big of a deal that some lighting effect toggles from Nvidia are being put in?

It's a matter of principle - it's about a company and a game that I like choosing to give a subpar experience to a group of customers, just because they chose to accept easy cash injection.

Intel goes and makes deals with other companies to have their product run better on their processors?

Or they have specific features such as speedstep and stuff which is completely different and isolated to the performance of their product?

Nvidia isn't making deals to have their product work better on applications. I don't know why that's still a thing.

What would be even nicer is if developers would spend more time on their own game and not have to resort to quick implementations of "pretty effects" from any vendor.

Yeah I wish but sadly its all about money nowadays, developers would rather save time and money that would be spent on creating their own effects and put it towards other things that they feel are more important.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

It's a matter of principle - it's about a company and a game that I like choosing to give a subpar experience to a group of customers, just because they chose to accept easy cash injection.

I agree with you-ish, but you're not getting a sub-par experience. You're getting what the game would have had without Nvidia's software around (at least that's my personal assumption, and I hope that's the case).

At least the upcoming GameWorks/NVidia related clusterfuck will somehow work in this world:

2732023-289650_screenshots_2014-11-11_00

I mean, it kinda looks like a ghoul, so maybe they can get away with it? I mean with GameWorks on, you are going to get a fantastic "cinematic" experience at about 24 fps on your high end system.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I have an Nvidia card and hate GameWorks.

Gameworks was the reason I threw away my GTX 760 and got a 290x.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The shit storm that shall come of this will be funny to watch.

People need to learn how to disable stuff in settings...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Nvidia isn't making deals to have their product work better on applications. I don't know why that's still a thing.

They're making deals to have features in games which run better on their product.

Wasn't the last game to have their features Arkham Knight? 

It's funny that Nvidia apparently thought their features worked fine in that game, that everything ran fine, when even without them the game was a clusterfuck.

Real quality control.

Nvidia has also announced that they're involved in the development of the Arkham Knight PC port.

Nothing about this is crossing the line to you!?

Hehehe of course, the kiss of performance death (Even for Nvidia cards mind you) on a crap buggy mess that normally composes a Bethesda game no less. Enjoy your pip boy pre-order item and your broken launch of Fallout 4!

-------

Current Rig

-------

They're making deals to have features in games which run better on their product.

Wasn't the last game to have their features Arkham Knight? 

It's funny that Nvidia apparently thought their features worked fine in that game, that everything ran fine, when even without them the game was a clusterfuck.

Real quality control.

Nvidia has also announced that they're involved in the development of the Arkham Knight PC port.

Nothing about this is crossing the line to you!?

The most recent game that's actually out and playable is Killing Floor 2, and it flatout says to not even try to run Nvidia Flex right now unless you have a 980 or up. Game is in early access so it may or may not get better.

Arkham Knight, from what I understand, ran like shit for everyone. So much that WB pulled it from sales on PC.

Nvidia does need to do some quality control in that regard, and I've always thought this. I first noticed it with Black Flag where PhysX was bringing every system to it's knees at one point in time.

But like I said, Nvidia isn't making deals to get their games to run better. You literally disproved your whole point with what you just replied to me, mate.

Also, gonna let you in on a secret: you're able to toggle those features off if it's hindering your performance. :o

I don't like exclusive graphics either, but it is what it is. Nvidia isn't forcing themselves onto anyone. Bethesda are the ones who made the decision and went with it. It's not that big of a deal.

If every company stayed the fuck out of other areas, they wouldn't be as successful. Look at Samsung and how big they are. Their name is literally on almost everything on the planet.

Yeah if every company stayed the fuck out of basically taking bribe money to tank performance for others (and inadvertedly, Nvidia's own product though they of course never face to that massive incompetence) then everything would work.

Only, it will never make sense for a company to basically turn down free money, this is why this stuff should be (and it very well could be already) regulated with an anti-trust suit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I agree with you-ish, but you're not getting a sub-par experience. You're getting what the game would have had without Nvidia's software around (at least that's my personal assumption, and I hope that's the case).

For me it's all about fragmentation. PC Gaming is getting more and more fragmented, from guys who sell - pardon my french - fucking hardware.

They don't make content, they never created studios and fully funded game, like the console guys. They cut corners to put their poor implementations of bloatware in exchange to put a sticker in a game.

I'm all for supporting developers, for the sake of the platform. There's not PC NVIDIA, PC AMD, PC INTEL... it's PC platform.

And you know my position about NVIDIA, I don't hide it - these guys make no contributions to the industry, they are fueled by false advertisement, and even have the audacity to use open standards while they enforce IP licensing.

Mark my words - NVIDIA is just warming up with the gaming experience shit. Drivers was the first step, next time you know you'll have your pc games locked to NVIDIA hardware, just like they are doing with other hardware like monitors.

Why does everyone automatically assume that this is bad?

This is great if you have a Nvidia card...

The idea of GameWorks isn't bad. The Execution seems to be a little less than sub par though...

Name ONE GameWorks game, that runs well on AMD, even with the GameWorks effects turned off. That's why. Oh and Every single GameWorks game is broken AF on launch (Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Unity, Batman Arkham Knight, etc.).

I didn't pitch a fit whenever Tomb Raider or the new Deus Ex confirmed TressFX. If you want to play the game, play the fookin game

Difference is that TressFX was open to the dev and ran just as well on NVidia hardware as AMD's own hardware. The same cannot be said about GameWorks. Also Nixxes are responsible for both and they make some of the best PC ports in the world.

Well done bethesda, well done, you lost a loyal customer for the sake of marketing, for one of the features that's ruining pc gaming.

Don't tell us, tell Bethesda. If more people would publicly punish devs for selling out like this, we might prevent it.

Not entirely true, because pretty much all GameWorks games run worse on AMD than NVidia with GameWorks effects turned off. We know from devs that if they buy into the GameWorks bs, they cannot actively harm the performance on NVidia cards. We also know that NVidia implements their own devs directly into the studio of these large devs, and that NVidia's devs only focuses on NVidia performance with no interest or care in the consequences of AMD performance. As the actual dev probably won't understand NVidia's dev work, or are contractually obliged to not fiddle with it (like in GameWorks), it is not unreasonable to assume that GameWorks games inherently will suffer on AMD even without the effects activated. After all that is exactly what we see every time.

Where there's smoke, there's usually a fire right?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro