I'm not sure what my gpu clock is when I look at HWINFO

itachi737
Go to solution Solved by vanished,

Try afterburner instead; it is very clear what is going on

Hello,

I overclocked my gpu, but when I look at hwinfo with a game running I get these 2 stats

Gpu clock: 1400

Gpu video clock 1300

Which one of them indicated the core clock? eg: when people say I overclocked my gpu to 1450mhz. (is it the gpu clock or the gpu video clock) 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

FYI, frequency on GPUs is measured in MHz or GHz. 1450Hz would be very low. I would imagine the core clock is the 1400MHz value.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Hello,

I overclocked my gpu, but when I look at hwinfo with a game running I get these 2 stats

Gpu clock: 1400

Gpu video clock 1300

Which one of them indicated the core clock? eg: when people say I overclocked my gpu to 1450hz. (is it the gpu clock or the gpu video clock)

I second using msi afterburner. If you have an nvidia gpu that is 4 years old it newer your clock speeds will vary constantly thanks to gpu boost. Afterburner will allow you to monitor these real time with an overlay or within the app itself with a graph.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

FYI, frequency on GPUs is measured in MHz or GHz. 1450Hz would be very low. I would imagine the core clock is the 1400MHz value.

yea my bad I just mistyped this one (had an issue with my monitor refresh rate and it took me two days to fix it seems like I'm still thinking about hz). Yes it is mhz.

I second using msi afterburner. If you have an nvidia gpu that is 4 years old it newer your clock speeds will vary constantly thanks to gpu boost. Afterburner will allow you to monitor these real time with an overlay or within the app itself with a graph.

I ll do that right now. Thanks

I ll do that right now. Thanks

Let us know how it goes!

I love it because not only can you overclock and check stats all in one place, but it is always running in the background and keeps a chart of the last few minutes (approx) so you don't have to alt-tab out of a game to see what's going on; you can just play, and when you finally close it, you can check the charts and see how everything was doing.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Let us know how it goes!

I love it because not only can you overclock and check stats all in one place, but it is always running in the background and keeps a chart of the last few minutes (approx) so you don't have to alt-tab out of a game to see what's going on; you can just play, and when you finally close it, you can check the charts and see how everything was doing.

Or monitor everything while playing a game using On-Screen Displays.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Or monitor everything while playing a game using On-Screen Displays.

True, there is that as well!  I don't do that though since 1 I don't really need to know that badly, and 2 I'm very superstitious about and kind of OSD and potential performance hits :)

By looking at afterburner I reached a max boost of 1414 in crysis 3. I have been using afterburner to oc my gpu since I bought it (July), but I never scrolled that low on the monitoring graphs. I used to only look at the temps and gpu usage. When I was looking at gpuz it displayed a gpu clock of 1224 and a boost of 1300. So I always believed that I had one of the worst overclocking 980ti. 

Thanks a lot, knowing that my gpu can reach 1400+ mhz really made my day!!!!