Is Zotac 980Ti AMP! Reference card?

Tangtawan

Hi, im able to get a good deal on Zotac 980Ti AMP! Edition, I have never seen a reference PCB before.. So i got no idea how it looks like. Im also planning to get a full sized waterblock for it, can waterblock kit for ref card fit this 980Ti?

Im currently using a universal waterblock with my 290x, or should i keep using this block on my new 980Ti and new sets of seperated ram heatsinks instead?

Another question is, what do you guys think of Zotac's brand reputation, did they make good cards? Will it have problem in the long run?

Thanks

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT50k_sxtElSggH_68BzJb6g5otJd7sFUMAgtcuxyv2F23UtkB2

You'd have to get a new water block that supports a 980ti

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

it is not as reference card 

this is what a reference card looks like, as far as quality i cant speak from experience 

7170_08_nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-refere

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

You'd have to get a new water block that supports a 980ti

I have been using this waterblock with r7 250, hd7870 , r9 290x , gtx 950 , gtx 970.. I think it would still work with 980Ti.. But i'd prefer a full sized block with my new card.

this is what a reference card looks like, as far as quality i cant speak from experience

7170_08_nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-refere

So basically, if im going to get a fullsized waterblock.. Im only limited to reference card right? So meaning that only a universal block will fit this zotac 980ti ?

I understand that Zotac doesnt use reference heatsink, but im more concerned about the PCB.. As i have to see if fullsized waterblock will fit it

Sorry guys.. My question wasnt clear.. By reference i mean reference PCB, so i'll ask again.

Is Zotac 980Ti AMP edition uses reference PCB?

Sorry guys.. My question wasnt clear.. By reference i mean reference PCB, so i'll ask again.

No. It uses a custom pcb. Don't be in such a rush to water cool the thing yet. You need performance numbers first

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

No. It uses a custom pcb. Don't be in such a rush to water cool the thing yet. You need performance numbers first

front.jpg

Obviously the reference PCB. The cooler may be custom but the PCB is the reference design. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_980_Ti_Amp_Edition/3.html

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

front.jpg

Obviously the reference PCB. The cooler may be custom but the PCB is the reference design. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_980_Ti_Amp_Edition/3.html

My mistake. Amp! extreme uses custom pcb and regular amp! uses reference

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe