When might we get skylake enthusiast chips?

right now we seem to have an older set of 58xx and 59xx CPU that fill the enthusiast market, but they're 2 years old now. 

when do you think we'll get skylake based 6-8 core CPUs? I know it's not a huge market, but do you think we'll fill this core generation's lack of high-end CPU at all?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

right now we seem to have an older set of 58xx and 59xx CPU that fill the enthusiast market, but they're 2 years old now. 

when do you think we'll get skylake based 6-8 core CPUs? I know it's not a huge market, but do you think we'll fill this core generation's lack of high-end CPU at all?

I don't think we will for skylake, probably cannonlake they'll make some.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I don't think we will for skylake, probably cannonlake they'll make some.

reallly realllly thinking about getting this as an upgrade, i currently have 2x 980s, and won't replace them anytime soon, but i'm not sure if i should touch the 5960x or not. im nearly certain i can hold off if i see another high-end CPU around the corner. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

reallly realllly thinking about getting this as an upgrade, i currently have 2x 980s, and won't replace them anytime soon, but i'm not sure if i should touch the 5960x or not. im nearly certain i can hold off if i see another high-end CPU around the corner. 

Well the x parts don't really seem to be worth it imo, as isn't that chip 1000 bucks, where as something like the 5820k is under 400 which is reasonable. i mean you get 2 more cores but the markup is extreme.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Well the x parts don't really seem to be worth it imo, as isn't that chip 1000 bucks, where as something like the 5820k is under 400 which is reasonable. i mean you get 2 more cores but the markup is extreme.

oh, sorry here's the link i meant to include. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xQN8vK

yeah, i thought of that too. not sure what i should do. 

i don't NEED it at all. but i very much want it. 

From memory it's Q3 2016

oh, sorry here's the link i meant to include. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xQN8vK

yeah, i thought of that too. not sure what i should do. 

i don't NEED it at all. but i very much want it. 

If you have the money it's yours to spend, but if I was getting a new cpu on the x99 platform it would be a 5820k as I'm cheap but like nice things (kinda a paradox) then I would just invest in a badass cooler so It could be OCed to the levels of the gods.

From memory it's Q3 2016

For skylake 6-8 core or cannonlake,2864691-4045566372-45110.jpgoh nvm here's the chart

Next up is Broadwell-E

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6