Is this lens alright for youtube on the Nikon D5200

YT2002

So I was looking at buying a camera for youtube and was looking at the D5200 because it has a flip out screen. https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/nikon-d5200-dslr-camera-18-55mm-vr-ii-lens-kit/

IS the lens alright for youtube, or shoudl I buy the body and a seperate lens.

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

the kit lens will be just fine

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

It's an okay lens but you'll want to invest in some decent glass eventually, keep in mind that camera is dx so it's not full frame.

It'll be great as long as you have good lighting. Depending on what you're doing, you may want to look into a 35 1.8 as well.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

It's an okay lens but you'll want to invest in some decent glass eventually, keep in mind that camera is dx so it's not full frame.

What will that do if its not full frame

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

It'll be great as long as you have good lighting. Depending on what you're doing, you may want to look into a 35 1.8 as well.

Can I get a kit for that. I will take youtube videos and some photos

Can I get a kit for that. I will take youtube videos and some photos

Get a proper mic. I can watch terrible shaky cam I can't stand hearing audio recorded on a potato. 

So I was looking at buying a camera for youtube and was looking at the D5200 because it has a flip out screen. https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/nikon-d5200-dslr-camera-18-55mm-vr-ii-lens-kit/

If your primary need is to record video then I'd recommend getting a panasonic GH3 instead, it's similar in price but has much better video features.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

If your primary need is to record video then I'd recommend getting a panasonic GH3 instead, it's similar in price but has much better video features.

Care to list those video features?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Care to list those video features?

- Better AF in video

- Change aperture during recording

- Digital Zoom to check focus while recording

- Wifi for remote control

- Touch screen to change settings without making noise with buttons and dial, and touch to focus

- Higher max bitrate, 72mb vs 24mb

- Longer continuous recording time, 220min vs 29.95min

- Ability to shoot full resolution still while recording

- Headphone jack for audio monitoring. 

there is really no competition when it comes video, stills obv is a different story. 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

What are you going to be doing with the camera? 

Are you going to be behind the camera or in front of it? Like are you going holding the camera while filming or putting it on a tripod and talk in front of it?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Just make sure u've switched off the auto focus while filming, 'cause it's very noisy on kit lenses.

Non-hypersonic (a.k.a. ultrasonic, HSM, USM, Silent Wave Motors/SWM ) motor lenses will always be noisy in AF.  That doesn't mean HSM/USM/SWM motors are also perfect.  Some of them can produce noise, especially when focus hunting.  Canon STM may be one of the quietest motors in a lens.

If you really want to record video with very silent AF and zoom, use a follow focus and an external microphone with a shock mount and wind screen/dead cat.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer