MMO Gaming Monitor

Drez

So I'm coming down to the wire where I'm getting ready to do my new PC build (i7 5930/980ti SLI), but I just cannot decide between the two pinnacle gaming monitors in my opinion.  The Acer x34 gsync or the ROG Swift.  I want that immersive feeling with the rich colors but I also want that buttery smooth immersive world flow. I do consider myself a competitive player PvE wise with a little PvP.  I definitely wouldn't consider myself the "e-sports" competitive type, but I definitely enjoy raiding.

If you watch this video it shows what I'm going for.  If you watch when the character is moving or looking around, the world just seems so seamless and fluent: 

So what are your thoughts and opinions?  Any input from people with either of these monitors that enjoy MMO's?  

Acer Predator or the latest one which is the ultra wide screen g-sync on also from Acer. Linus just did a review on it. I'm not sure if it is released yet or not.

Thank you for your thoughts.  That was the Acer I was referring too; the 100hz gsync version that was just released.

Does anyone know if the PG348Q uses that same LG panel as the Acer X34?

I thought I remember reading somewhere that they do share the same panel.

Went into my local Microcenter and spoke with two guy's in the PC parts department who are fellow gamer's and they said "Oh no, take the ROG Swift.  144hz and it just gives you that immersive game feeling."  One of them also stated that most games aren't made for 21:9, so I'd just have wasted real estate with the X34.  Now I'm even more torn because I had finally made up my mind on the X34 but this is making me doubt it again.

Theres a decent amount of old games that aren't best on 21:9, but most newer games and (I think) most MMO's that allow for re-sizable screen would be fine on the widescreen. Personally, i'd go for the x34 if you want the immersive experience. I'm on a 27" currently and it can only get so immersive at its size. I plan on upgrading to a widescreen soon.

At 100hz and GSYNC, it'll be plenty smooth as well.

PC: CPU: i7-5820k  GPU: GTX 1080 ROG Strix OC 8GB  RAM: 32GB DDR4   SSD: Samsung Evo 850 1TB  Board: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Case: Corsair 760T

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" (i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM)

Thanks Virtual.  I really appreciate the push back in the X34 direction.  I'm just trying to make sure that the investment I'm making towards my new machine ($3200 for the build) and then the $1300 for X34 gives me the end results that I'm really looking for.  The build I'm 100% certain on, it's just the monitor decision that had me torn.

Thanks Virtual.  I really appreciate the push back in the X34 direction.  I'm just trying to make sure that the investment I'm making towards my new machine ($3200 for the build) and then the $1300 for X34 gives me the end results that I'm really looking for.  The build I'm 100% certain on, it's just the monitor decision that had me torn.

I also am looking at the x34 for the same reasons. Just finished my build, and likely getting the x34 or the ASUS version (pretty sure it's the same panel though). You can't go wrong at all with it since it's basically the best of both worlds.

PC: CPU: i7-5820k  GPU: GTX 1080 ROG Strix OC 8GB  RAM: 32GB DDR4   SSD: Samsung Evo 850 1TB  Board: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Case: Corsair 760T

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I think I've finally finalized my build and I wanted opinions if you think it will be what I need to power that sweet sweet Acer X34 Predator 100hz with Gsync?

My Build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p8TNMp

Looks good, shouldn't have any problems

21:9 is supported in a vast majority of new games. The only major AAA game that did it was Black Flag. Honestly, 21:9 is awesome. Currently I am getting the LG 34 inch 3440x1440. I am not one to need more than 60fps to for me its perfect right now. I am excited for it. The X34 looks great and you really wont regret it. I know SWTOR, WoW and FF XIV Real Reborn all support the Ultrawide monitors. In cut scenes in FF XIV realm reborn they do get thrown back to 16:9. 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1800x (4.0GHz) | AIO: Master Liquid Pro 240 | MOBO:  MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

RAM:  Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200(16gb) | GPU: Evga FTW ACX  3.0 GTX 1080(2x)

SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb | HSSD: Seagate 2TB | Case: InWin 303 Black | PSU: Evga 210 1000w