LinusTechTips Noctua fan available in 13 days!

TheGeeker

I wouldn't mind black.

I would PREFER if Nvidia would put a little effort into things, and make a colored LED fan that looked good, and put off a decent amount of light. Unlike every single other LED fan ever.

What? Did I miss something here? Nividia is making fans or what do you mean? 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

You won't even really see them. This entire thing is just stupid. Why not make the frame or the fan blade orange?

This is just.....terribly stupid. Not worth the money, because 90% of the time, no one will noticed it unless they look for a decent amount of time.

It has Linus's name on it, the sheep will come.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

ill just stick with my poop brown ones :). I actually like the original color though.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

What? Did I miss something here? Nividia is making fans or what do you mean? 

Drunk mispelling.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well if you made the fan blades orange and the frame black, I think Cougar fans might come a knock'n. 

I just want a black Noctua. Linus branding (hidden or not) is a pretty cool bonus. 

Cougar fans <3

kT6f6.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I wish the motor would make Linus' laugh when it goes at full speed and the NF-A14 motor has Lukes laugh when at full speed.  :>

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Definitely want to get some (luckily my build is kind of orange), not anytime soon though, I might need to whore myself out to afford them.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Where is a simple "no" option.

I simply prefer other fans on cost to performance ratio.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yay.. too much $ for me to consider them. But they are cool. I am sure they will be sold out fast anyway.

what do regular f12's cost in the us?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Living in France so i will never get one anyway and even if it will be like 40€ for a fan...

Too bad i was about to buy 7 noctua fan next month...

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

Where's the option for "It probably won't ever make it to my country for sale"

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I wouldn't mind black.

I would PREFER if Noctua would put a little effort into things, and make a colored LED fan that looked good, and put off a decent amount of light. Unlike every single other LED fan ever.

One thing I noticed about LED fans is that they're either

1) Quite DIM since it's only a line of leds going through otherwise non translucent blades

2) Quite vivid with translucent blades that also are an absolute dust magnet.

Seriously I don't know why is so hard to coat those translucent blades for dust proofing but they get so dusty, like that hard caked in mud stuff that won't be blown off by air and you have yo manually get a wet cloth to scrub it off.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Are they going to be a limited run?

Probably.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I can't even afford the regular noctua's, let alone these. Are they the industrialPPC ones or a black version of the regular ones?

And in all honesty I'd be more interested in a black version of the NF-P14r or the Thermalright TY-143 anyway The stock TY-143 is hideous. LTT means a lot to me because the content calms me down when the going is tough IRL. But as a student running cheapo OEM fans to save money I can't really shell out the cash.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

if i can get them in Portugal i will buy a couple for my  CM 240M

I'd consider buying them if I needed new fans AND wanted to support them. By themselves they are quite expensive, and if I didn't need them, there are better ways to support the company.

Ehem, guys, that's the 140mm edition, if you want the 120mm edition, check this: http://www.performance-pcs.com/noctua-nf-f12-pwm-linus-tech-tips-special-edition-120mm-cooling-fan.html

Only 26.99$ :D I hope i can get one from germany that's like 20 euros :P My hope lives on.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Really cool looking fans but I more than likely wont buy them, they probably end up been a collectors item. The old Noctua colors don't bother me at all as long as they work :)

One thing I noticed about LED fans is that they're either

1) Quite DIM since it's only a line of leds going through otherwise non translucent blades

2) Quite vivid with translucent blades that also are an absolute dust magnet.

Seriously I don't know why is so hard to coat those translucent blades for dust proofing but they get so dusty, like that hard caked in mud stuff that won't be blown off by air and you have yo manually get a wet cloth to scrub it off.

I have that problem as well.

The funny thing is, if they would just make the color of the blades, the same as the LED's, the fan isn't dim at all. I bought some Corsair purple 120's, with translucent blades. I used a marker to color the blades purple, and it looks much brighter. Probably because the light gets reflected better. Its too bad they aren't UV LED's because the marker I used was UV reactive purple.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why does it cost $10 more over a normal NF-A14 PWM when the only difference is color?

Branding  Branding Branding plus marketing.

I get that they are a special item, but still very much over-priced IMO. I'll stick with Deepcool GF and TF series fans which give Noctuas a run for their money in terms of silence, performance and features, for a fraction of the cost. 

Was considering buying one just to have, but I can't justify spending nearly $40 CAD for a single fan. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS