An Important Message for All PC Gamers!

MEC-777

PC Gamers; please educate yourselves, think critically and give yourselves time to contemplate before making purchase decisions. And please; STOP PRE-ORDERING!!!

The Starwars Battlefront Beta has come and gone. A number of us got a taste of what the game will be like. It looks stunning and runs surprisingly well on most hardware. Seems like it'll be a great game right? Not necessarily.

There's no single player campaign and there are a number of other things the game will be lacking. Angry Joe hit it right on the money with this little rant he posted the other day. Bottom line; as it stands, the prices EA have set are a little high - especially for the "special content" versions - the content of which you can simply unlock by playing the game for not a very long period of time. EA is buttering up consumers with marketing to make as much money as possible while delivering content that isn't worth the cost. Even if you really do love the game and want to buy it (and there's nothing wrong with that, IMO), I would strongly urge you all to NOT pre-order and NOT buy the special premium versions. Only buy the base game on or after release the date. AFAIK, none of the exclusive content is worth the extra money.

Enjoy Joe's rant and take heed. 

I have a strong feeling this is simply the next Titanfall. People will play it for a while, then loose interest. I could be wrong, though. Time will tell. ;)

The important thing here is to look at what you're getting for what you're paying and think about it. Does this make sense? Is this really worth what they're charging? Don't make any decisions on a whim, give it some serious thought.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

As soon as i heard no space battles / single player / private dedicated servers i knew it was gonna be shite. Just like Disney, they're milking the Star Wars franchise, relying on the stupidity of it's fandom to cough up cash without question for a pile of shite.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I'ma preorder it!

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Well EA really needs to stop ruining series for me to consider them trust worthy, also PC gamers preordering seems odd due to steam sales and the impossibility of a lack of availability due to games being sold out

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

These days preordering anything is risky. I don't intend on preordering anything again unless it's either not very expensive or I know for sure that I'll be playing it. Last game I pre-ordered was Wildstar and most of us know how that went. I am playing it again now and do have perks because of it, but still not worth the pre-order price.

Clickbait title af

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I agree, I never pre-order anything. I always wait till it's out of beta (if it has a public beta), read a few reviews, maybe wait until a sale or something and THEN pull the trigger. I don't want to be stuck with a mediocre game that doesn't live up to the hype.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Let's be honest here.

This is probably the biggest fraud in the 21st century.

Fuck you, EA.

am i the only one who realised that this game man you shoot and shoot and shoot and even when you're dead straight on the target it register the hits about 1 times out of 4?! i got really aggrevated playing this...i will not buy this game even though i love star wars and the graphics are amazing the gameplay is pure garbage as far as i'm concerned.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

To be honest I don't know how even EA could be stupid enough to forget something as important as Clones VS Droids or space battles. I think they just decided to plan them for DLC so they can rip us off some more...

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

I'm simultaneously bemused and relieved that the pre-order bonuses for this particular game are so bad. The weapon/device unlocks are just earlier access to things you'll apparently unlock through gameplay. The only pre-order exclusive content appears to be emotes.

Yes. For some reason, emotes.

Other games are sectioning off bits of real content from their $59.99 games lately to sell as pre-order bonuses. Thumbs up from me for not doing that, at least.

am i the only one who realised that this game man you shoot and shoot and shoot and even when you're dead straight on the target it register the hits about 1 times out of 4?! i got really aggrevated playing this...i will not buy this game even though i love star wars and the graphics are amazing the gameplay is pure garbage as far as i'm concerned.

I was frustrated a little at first, but then I just kept at it and got used to it. I was never very good, but I did find the game to be fun by my standards. However, it reminded me greatly of Titanfall. It was very similar. Looked great and was fun at first. But then it becomes repetitive and you kind of get the feeling like "that's it?". I just find it's a real shame because of how good this game looks and sounds. They could have done SO MUCH more with this, but they didn't. The beta is more or less "it". Add some more planet/locations and a few more weapons maybe... meh. :/

I'm just trying to warn people to not buy into the hype and get caught up in the whole "Star wars" spectacle. Step back, take a good hard look at the actual content and then judge the value.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I hope this lame, boring game dies fast

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I genuinely wonder why any PC gamer preorders from the start. Like it's not a physical copy nor is it limited to a certain number of downloads so why bother preordering?

That said if Nintendo announces anything, I preorder it pretty quickly.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I don't preorder games, no matter what.

Having said that, I don't see how anyone expected anything different from EA(Season pass). It's in all of their recent Battlefield games, did you really expect something different from EA/DICE?

Also, as I have said before in another thread, I don't see anything wrong with the Season Pass(the emotes are stupid). You pay $50 for a Season Pass, you "Get 4 upcoming expansion packs filled with new content that will take you to new locations across a galaxy far, far away. Secure two-week early access to each expansion pack and an exclusive “Shoot First” emote."

You get 4 whole expansions. AngryJoe claiming only 1-2 maps per expansion is horseshit, every single one of BF4's expansions has 4 maps, minimum. So expect 4 maps per expansion for Battlefront, which would be 12 maps total, at least, from the Season Pass.

Again, I don't pre-order, but if you buy the game and like it enough that you know you'll buy the expansions then just buy the Season Pass, it usually saves you $10 at release since the expansions will probably be $15 each just like BF4.

This is such a huge overreaction for something that was expected and is honestly not even bad at all.

*Edit, just finished Joe's video. Does he not understand that the Season Pass is actually $50 and not $60? I believe I heard him say the Season Pass is $60...In the Ultimate Edition you get the Deluxe version of the game AND the Season Pass. The Deluxe version costs $70, then add $50 for the Season Pass, which is $120. I also love how he goes on and on about things being ripped from the game(single player, space battles), was any of that actually confirmed for this game before? Because I think him and everyone else complaining about this is comparing it to the older Battlefront games and not seeing this as a new rendition.

As someone who never buys a game until the price drops pre-ordering has always struck me as only slightly less stupid than lighting your eyebrows on fire.

I don't understand the hate against preorder. Buying a game before launch and buying it after launch will give you the same results, the only difference is maybe you'll have to be a little more patient with the game on launch day than people who will wait a couple weeks.

Pre-ordering is not something to attack, attack that specific behavior... At first pre-ordering was a way of not having to wait in line, something you kids have been spared. Now it's just a way of making sure you don't spend the money before the game comes out :ph34r: .

But I will think critically (the evidence of that being ignoring your advise), keep my Fallout 4 pre-oreder, and enjoy the game when it comes out.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

"educate yourselves, think critically"  links to angry joe video hahaha 

Lol, yeah as funny as that sounds. But he actually had some good points this time (and he has before).  

I don't understand the hate against preorder. Buying a game before launch and buying it after launch will give you the same results, the only difference is maybe you'll have to be a little more patient with the game on launch day than people who will wait a couple weeks.

You're giving money for something you don't yet have or even know if it will be any good. It allows the devs/publishers to release half-baked games (like AC Unity) and still rake in the money. It's says we accept a product that isn't finished and sends the message that this is ok when it's not. 

Not every game released is bad at launch, but I think we need to do a lot more voting with our wallets, rather than buying into the hype before release. I also think we need to be more critical about content vs cost. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

I'm sorry but payday 2 was released long ago and now they just fucked it up with microtransactions. So either way you can be fucked regardless if you pre order a game or not.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I don't care if it's Nintendo, Fallout or even Kotor 3, I will never preoder (thought the pip-boy is really cool, I have to admit).

i think this is sort of them making a battlefield 1943 type of game with a lesser amount of content, i would have expected this to mean they would sell it at £25 or £30 with maybe a bit of dlc tacked on the side. a lot of potential was missed here.

also preordering is risky unless you are certain about a product for example a developer that has a steady stream of well done games or something which is hard to screw up like a visual novel. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1