UHD Gaming

Moondrelor

It was only a pun :)

Also, i've looked at a few benches from 2 980Tis and 3, yes less benefit from 1 to 2, but still a good bit in some games, even as far as 10 extra frames, some games even 20 extra frames, every frame counts when it comes to a 4k build in my opinion, but yes. The cost is a bit hefty...

I can get decent frames with 2x Titan Blacks at 4K and high settings in most games, 2x 980Tis would be doing better. Depend if 10-20FPS is worth several hundred dollars to you. If you're going for 4K, definitely go with GSync, playing without it is horrible from my experience. 

Bahaha.

ill show you some screen shots when I get home haha also sometimes if running a game at 4k, the menus  and text become absolutely tiny, -  I am not kidding, I am talking like size 4 font

You said 1008p to 1440p is not a big difference but it is

1080p = 2.07 million pixels

1440p = 3.69 million pixels

1080p at 27" = 81.6 PPI

1440p at 27" = 108 PPI

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I figured it was all measured upon actual response times via input responses.. But I guess I could be mistaken, but that's what I figured it would of been measured by.

It's the first part of this FAQ. It's the time it takes to switch from colour to colour, not how quickly that change starts. It's something people misunderstand, partially because of what it's called. It does sound like it's the time the monitor takes to respond to an input. 

Bear in mind 5ms is 0.5% (0.005 seconds) of a second. It is not something you'd be able to perceive if it was input delay, anyway. 

Slight edit @Moondrelor

It's the first part of this FAQ. It's the time it takes to switch from colour to colour, not how quickly that change starts. 

Ya know, I really need to go through each and every FAQ. I feel like a dweeb. Lmao

4k provides outstanding image quality. 1440p 144Hz will also have amazing image quality compared to 1080p, but not as good as 4k. It's really up to whether or not you think high refresh rate > high resolution. 

I think you'll enjoy either choice very much compared to 1080p, and if you can, you should test out both types of monitors before buying. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

It's the first part of this FAQ. It's the time it takes to switch from colour to colour, not how quickly that change starts. It's something people misunderstand, partially because of what it's called. It does sound like it's the time the monitor takes to respond to an input. 

Bear in mind 5ms is 0.5% (0.005 seconds) of a second. It is not something you'd be able to perceive if it was input delay, anyway. 

Slight edit @Moondrelor

Thanks :) You seem very intellectual by the way. I've seen you in many other threads including many of mine.

I'd like to thank you for your helpful input through out the months I've been on this website.

Go 1440p 144Hz. A MUCH better experience IMO than 4k.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Thanks :) You seem very intellectual by the way. I've seen you in many other threads including many of mine.

I'd like to thank you for your helpful input through out the months I've been on this website.

I aim to help. Thank you. 

tumblr_nhj6ejKRJT1rnc9k5o1_500.gif

Can anyone please share your experience with UHD Gaming (4k)?

Would it be worth it for me to buy 3 GTX 980ti's?

To game on the Asus PB287Q 60Hz 28" Monitor?

Is it orgasmic?

I have the Samsung U28D590D, which uses the exact same panel as that Asus monitor you are looking to get. Currently in my setup I have the Asus ROG Mars 760x2, which performance-wise is on par with a GTX 980. I can run most games in 4K with medium to high detail 60+FPS. GTA V runs great and everything on the high setting gets me around 70FPS; Project cars on the medium preset runs around 75FPS as well, which is not bad at all, considering that my card is basically only a 2GB GPU. If I crank up the details the graphics card starts to struggle, but not because it lacks processing power, but it simply runs out of frame buffer...  

Considering that, no, you don't need 3-way SLI 980TIs. Just one will suffice if you want to do casual gaming with decent detail. For anything more than that (playing at ultra preset), adding a second 980TI will be a good idea. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Considering that, no, you don't need 3-way SLI 980TIs. Just one will suffice if you want to do casual gaming with decent detail. For anything more than that (playing at ultra preset), adding a second 980TI will be a good idea. 

I do plan on playing games at max, but I don't think I'm going to have any AA on, I feel like it'd be pointless on a monitor with that much PPI lol.

2 980tis runs everything out right now on ultra on msaa, not that u need it

But 144hz 1440p is also amazing

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

I do plan on playing games at max, but I don't think I'm going to have any AA on, I feel like it'd be pointless on a monitor with that much PPI lol.

If that is the case, why don't you get a pair of 390Xs? They are quite cheap and will do very well at that resolution. Getting two used 290Xs at a bargain price is also a good idea and there are lots of them out there. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

If that is the case, why don't you get a pair of 390Xs? They are quite cheap and will do very well at that resolution. Getting two used 290Xs at a bargain price is also a good idea and there are lots of them out there. 

I'm not that pleased with the 3xx series honestly. I kind of lost my faith in AMD a while back.

trust me, 3 980tis would be a lot hotter than 2 390xs and 2 980tis would be really close.

That's just because the 908 Tis are better. ;)

I'd recommend furyX over 980ti tho cus it performs better at 4k

- snip-

That's just because the 908 Tis are better. ;)

They'd also be almost twice the price - more than twice if he went for 390s instead, which are pretty close to 390xs

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*