[REVIEW] Beyerdynamic T1 2. Generation

SSL

Did you have the Gen 2 T1? Because I found the treble to be not that bad, actually, and other than a peak at 11kHz not really bothersome.

Talk to me more about the 560. Obviously the LCD-2 had more bass, but what kind of difference are we talking? 3dB? 6? Are there any other heapdhones you can compare the bass to?

To be fair, I think they managed to address some issues, like improving the treble. Ironically, they seem to have introduced a whole other issue in the process.

They were the Gen 1.  I don't have exact measurements, but I do know the difference in bass was significant for me.  Significant enough for me to keep the LCD-2s and return the HE-560s and T1s.  I am pretty much a bass head though.  I love good bass.  I use the maximum bass setting on my amps and such.  The bass felt better than the bass on the T1s to me.   As a whole package I think they're a great deal.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

I'm guessing they have a somewhat similar sound signature, at least below 1kHz, so I doubt they would have the same forward low-mid problem. Hopefully innerfidelity will measure them, which ought to take a lot of the guesswork out.

There is this also, http://www.headphone.com/pages/build-a-graph . It doesn't appear that they have the newest headphones yet either.

They were the Gen 1.  I don't have exact measurements, but I do know the difference in bass was significant for me.  Significant enough for me to keep the LCD-2s and return the HE-560s and T1s.  I am pretty much a bass head though.  I love good bass.  I use the maximum bass setting on my amps and such.  The bass felt better than the bass on the T1s to me.   As a whole package I think they're a great deal.

Thanks for the insight. I'm definitely not a bass-head, I prefer a more neutral sound so that is okay. Very interesting. HE-560 plus Asgard 2 is well within budget...

There is this also, http://www.headphone.com/pages/build-a-graph . It doesn't appear that they have the newest headphones yet either.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is updating that anymore because Tyll Hertsens, the innerfidelity guy, bought their measuring equipment several years ago. Inneridelity is the go-to site for the latest measurements.

Thanks for the insight. I'm definitely not a bass-head, I prefer a more neutral sound so that is okay. Very interesting. HE-560 plus Asgard 2 is well within budget...

That seems like a good combo. I find the Asgard 2 to be a good amp.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is updating that anymore because Tyll Hertsens, the innerfidelity guy, bought their measuring equipment several years ago. Inneridelity is the go-to site for the latest measurements.

Well they have the original T1/T90/T70 on there. I think those are with a couple years?

That seems like a good combo. I find the Asgard 2 to be a good amp.

Well they have the original T1/T90/T70 on there. I think those are with a couple years?

Nice, do you own the Asgard 2? Or just have experience with it? The Tesla cans have been around for a little while. I'm almost certain that headroom isn't updating their graphs anymore, but I could be wrong.

Nice, do you own the Asgard 2? Or just have experience with it? The Tesla cans have been around for a little while. I'm almost certain that headroom isn't updating their graphs anymore, but I could be wrong.

Yeah I have had the a Bifrost/Asgard 2 combo since June-ish, I use it for everything :)

You need a $1,000,000 amp to make them sound good.

UR DOING IT RONG

Mm hm. I've already had that told to me extensively by goons on head-fi, where I went to get "help". What a fucking mistake that was. Now I've been drawn into an argument with someone named "technobear". WHAT THE FUCK???

A better dac/amp may help, but only to a certain extent.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Well that's disappointing. I've always wanted to try some T1's as I own the T5p and wanted to try it's sister. Although with the Gen. 1's having dropped to $700 it's still tempting.

I will say though, it really might be worth trying them with a different DAC/Amp though. From personal experience, my T5p's sounded aweful on the lower-end setups I tried. But once I finally got a nice warm portable combo they really came alive. I know people have already told you, but if possible it's worth a try. If not, whatever, HE-560's are awesome. Be sure to get a good dac/amp with those though. I can't express how much of a difference the Lyr made when I got it, followed by the Bifrost making a huge improvement as well.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

A better dac/amp may help, but only to a certain extent.

No doubt. I had been planning to invest in such a device at some point anyway.

Well that's disappointing. I've always wanted to try some T1's as I own the T5p and wanted to try it's sister. Although with the Gen. 1's having dropped to $700 it's still tempting.

I will say though, it really might be worth trying them with a different DAC/Amp though. From personal experience, my T5p's sounded aweful on the lower-end setups I tried. But once I finally got a nice warm portable combo they really came alive. I know people have already told you, but if possible it's worth a try. If not, whatever, HE-560's are awesome. Be sure to get a good dac/amp with those though. I can't express how much of a difference the Lyr made when I got it, followed by the Bifrost making a huge improvement as well.

I mean, you might like them, especially if you don't listen to a lot of solo mid-range instrumental music. And plenty of people on head-fi like them; my complaint hasn't changed that.

If I get the HE-560, I'll definitely pick up an amp with them right away, since they are cheaper.

Mm hm. I've already had that told to me extensively by goons on head-fi, where I went to get "help". What a fucking mistake that was. Now I've been drawn into an argument with someone named "technobear". WHAT THE FUCK???

It's a trap!

Technobear is going to pedobear you and Jude is personally going to come down and ban you after putting you on the stake.  :wacko:

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

It's a trap!

Technobear is going to pedobear you and Jude is personally going to come down and ban you after putting you on the stake.  :wacko:

Oh god. Getting banned from head-fi would be just terrible, wouldn't it.

@SSL, what about mr.speakers ether? A lot of people describe the headphone as a tamed down HD800. My friend who owns one and LCD-X certainly love it as well

@SSL, what about mr.speakers ether? A lot of people describe the headphone as a tamed down HD800. My friend who owns one and LCD-X certainly love it as well

Out of my price range, unfortunately. I don't really want to spend too much more than $1k. At this point, I'm leaning towards HE-560 and Asgard 2.

Out of my price range, unfortunately. I don't really want to spend too much more than $1k. At this point, I'm leaning towards HE-560 and Asgard 2.

HE-560 with the focus pads sounded weird to be, but it could be because of the tube amp. Used HD800 perhaps?

You should meet up with @KaminKevCrew and try his HE-500

HE-560 with the focus pads sounded weird to be, but it could be because of the tube amp. Used HD800 perhaps?

In what way did it sound weird. Not really interesting in buying used shit, especially headphones.

In what way did it sound weird. Not really interesting in buying used shit, especially headphones.

To my ears, with the focus pads, the HE560 sounded a little funky in the mids. It's hard to describe, but it wasn't exactly a good thing. 

The headband is still broken :( You can still hold them up to your ears, but the headband won't hold the second earcup to your head...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

To my ears, with the focus pads, the HE560 sounded a little funky in the mids. It's hard to describe, but it wasn't exactly a good thing.

The headband is still broken :( You can still hold them up to your ears, but the headband won't hold the second earcup to your head...

You just just get a lot of rubber bands and strap it to your head

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That don't sound promising. I'll need more to go on than "funky", though.

This is why audio is maddening. Every gushing "audiophile" review completely fails to mention anything like this, or anything negative in general for that matter. Because heaven forbid things not be a manufacturer-sponsored circkle-jerk everywhere all the time.

I'll probably just have to buy them and hope they don't suck.

That don't sound promising. I'll need more to go on than "funky", though.

This is why audio is maddening. Every gushing "audiophile" review completely fails to mention anything like this, or anything negative in general for that matter. Because heaven forbid things not be a manufactur-sponsored circkle-jerk everywhere all the time.

I'll probably just have to buy them and hope they don't suck.

Yep, I am not the most in-depth person when it comes to audio. I know a bit, but have a tendency to not be able to describe audio gear like the majority of audiophiles out there. Some reviews using select terms makes looking up reviews seem to be a giant cluster fuck of terms that you either know or don't know, and if the latter, you have to go find out wtf they are talking about then you end up on HeadFi looking at terms and then scroll down to another clusterfuck of people arguing term meanings and who is right/wrong.

I love Head-Fi for getting me into better gear, but at the same time, every time I read a thread there is a large chance to see an argument taking place. It wouldn't surprise me if the audio world as a whole is like this, just like Chevy and Ford guys going back and forth at each other (who cares, be a car enthusiast and like both damn companies for the vehicles they produce ffs).

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Yep, I am not the most in-depth person when it comes to audio. I know a bit, but have a tendency to not be able to describe audio gear like the majority of audiophiles out there. Some reviews using select terms makes looking up reviews seem to be a giant cluster fuck of terms that you either know or don't know, and if the latter, you have to go find out wtf they are talking about then you end up on HeadFi looking at terms and then scroll down to another clusterfuck of people arguing term meanings and who is right/wrong.

I love Head-Fi for getting me into better gear, but at the same time, every time I read a thread there is a large chance to see an argument taking place. It wouldn't surprise me if the audio world as a whole is like this, just like Chevy and Ford guys going back and forth at each other (who cares, be a car enthusiast and like both damn companies for the vehicles they produce ffs).

I think a lot of that comes from people trying to show they have "audiophile cred", by using pretentious, subjective buzzwords that don't have any actual meaning, or could be interpreted to have any number of meanings.

It's all there just to maintain the fantasy circlejerk that occupies so much of high end audio. Not all of it, but a lot. It just sucks.

I think a lot of that comes from people trying to show they have "audiophile cred", by using pretentious, subjective buzzwords that don't have any actual meaning, or could be interpreted to have any number of meanings.

It's all there just to maintain the fantasy circlejerk that occupies so much of high end audio. Not all of it, but a lot. It just sucks.

I think that the he560 with stock pads shouldn't prove to be too troublesome, although I can't really give first hand experience from that.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I think that the he560 with stock pads shouldn't prove to be too troublesome, although I can't really give first hand experience from that.

When did you hear the HE-560? Was it a production model?

When did you hear the HE-560? Was it a production model?

It was a while ago, it was the same one that xtroria listened to, if I'm not mistaken. It had a pair of alternative hifiman pads that were not the ones that come with the 560. That's why it sounded funky...

Hey! New SIgnature!