Star Wars Club - A Guide to the Force - Rogue One Story Trailer + Updated Canon Timeline

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

By the way most of the novels which were canon before aren't canon anymore because some of them already played at the same time as the new movies, but the movies will have a new story. Also there are a lot more novels and games than listed in the first post.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

By the way most of the novels which were canon before aren't canon anymore because some of them already played at the same time as the new movies, but the movies will have a new story. Also there are a lot more novels and games than listed in the first post.

I have excluded Junior Novel's and Mobile games that doesn't have any impact to the canon. See Post 3.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I feel like such a scrub, but the song used in the latest Episode 7 trailer, what is it? I've heard it so many times before but I can't remember its name.

More specifically the song playing from 01:20 to 01:50

COMIC SANS

I feel like such a scrub, but the song used in the latest Episode 7 trailer, what is it? I've heard it so many times before but I can't remember its name.

You scrub... :P 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

if you didn't have chills when you heard the Binary Sunset track, you have no soul.

it's Binary Sunset.

You scrub...  :P

please do snip images and videos when you quote people in an effort to keep the thread clean. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

please do snip images and videos when you quote people in an effort to keep the thread clean. 

I always do but I'm on phone. Will edit. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Weekly Update (23/10/2015) - Weekly Updates from next week is gonna be every Friday.

Don't worry, he isn't. kylo ren isn't Luke.

They revealed his face in a photo shoot. kylo is played by Adam Driver

YTgiXzp.jpg

This Week's Releases :

erHHmyo.png  yxWnpjj.png

Minor Updates : 

conducting_starwars-700x394.jpg?resize=7 

Who Composed The Force Awakens Trailer Music?

It wasn’t John Williams (who is still hard at work finishing up the soundtrack). Take a look ahead to see who worked on repurposing some of Williams’s old work while weaving it in with new material.

However, we do know some of the people involved: Frederick Lloyd says he has contributed music to the latter half of the trailer, namely the “Force Theme,” while John Samuel Hanson of Confidential Music worked on the first half of the trailer music. Trailer editors Josh Dunn and Brent Rockswold helped complete the edit of the trailer you see before you. But we’ve heard there are others involved with both the edit and the music.

Here's the soundtrack from the trailer of Star Wars The Force Awakens

The first half of the trailer features a reworking of Han and Leia’s love theme. Salon has a great article breaking down the music. They are wrong about the new John Williams music, but otherwise they have better ears than I ever will. They point out that in the first half, if you listen closely, you can hear some of the whispered words in Sanskrit from “Duel of the Fates” from The Phantom Menace mixed in

There probably won't be a full-length version of the score released until closer to the film's actual release date, so this will have to hold fans over until then.

https://twitter.com/UrsineVulpine/status/656386910282235904

Bonus :

post-21562-0-83439900-1445581214.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I'm putting my money on the fact that Kylo Ren and Rey are siblings or cousins. Either way they are Skywalkers be it Luke's children or Leia's.

I'm hoping Kylo is Lukes son which would explain his obsession with Vadar and why Luke appears to be in hiding.

Rey being a scavenger would be interesting as it kinda draws comparisons between Han and her.

Weekly Update (30/10/2015) - Every Friday. - Give the post a recommendation if you found this useful and follow for weekly updates.

Freddie prinze jr AKA Lt. James Vega from mass effect 3 AKA Kanan in the show rebels.

George Lucas Asks JJ Abrams About Darth Vader's Grandchildren

1088700233_94fa339291_o.jpg

Vanity Fair released a new video on their YouTube channel today of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens director JJ Abrams answering questions from other celebrities, including Star Wars creator George Lucas. Lucas posed the question to JJ of what happens to Darth Vader's grandchildren?

"You tell me man, you made all this sh*t up," replied Abrams, who was clearly amused by being asked a Star Wars question by the creator Star Wars.

John Boyega & Daisy Ridley Attended A John Williams Scoring Session Today

johnjohn%2526daisy.JPG

JJ Abrams Confirms No More Trailers for 'The Force Awakens'

Everyone is still geeking out over the new trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens and some have been wondering if we'll be seeing much more from the film before its December release. JJ Abrams answered this question in an interview with Extra, saying definitively "no more trailers," though he did say there would be commercials for the film.

J.J. Abrams Gives 'The Force Awakens' Production Update, Answers "Where Is Luke?"

they presented him with a question that many fans have been asking recently; "Where's Luke?" Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker has been absent from all promotional material for The Force Awakens, and Abrams assures that it's all part of their plan:

"These are good questions to be asking, I can't wait for you to find out the answer... It's no accident." - JJ

This Week's Releases :

a4mHdYp.png  N6O0GZW.png

Minor Updates :

Pixar made and released a short of Inside out reacting to Star wars Force Awakens Trailers 

Bonus :

doc290616199_405475635.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

@Rohith_Kumar_Sp youtube links not working

@Humbug

which ones ?

z3fHaDc.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

now it's working.

If you didn't change anything then maybe it was just a momentary youtube issue

now it's working.

If you didn't change anything then maybe it was just a momentary youtube issue

there were too many youtube links, ipb seesm to be having problem with loading all youtube embeds, i didn't change anything, couple of refreshed should fix it, just in case i removed old youtube likes from the archive.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Notice : If youtube video's are not loading on update post on Page 1, refresh the page a couple of times. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Please use another font than that yellow one. It's almost invisible for us non dark users

Please use another font than that yellow one. It's almost invisible for us non dark users

oh, i never though of that, Star wars and yellow go hand in hand. let me see what i can do about it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

huh, so this exists. I had no idea.

Anyways, I'm not a big fan of Star Wars but AM going to watch the new film. Looks pretty good.

huh, so this exists. I had no idea.

Anyways, I'm not a big fan of Star Wars but AM going to watch the new film. Looks pretty good.

Yup it does, buried among off topic sadly, follow the topic as i'll be updating every Friday on the 2nd post on this thread. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Fixed. 

Join the Darkside, switch to night theme.

here's a cookie.

darth_vader____cookies_by_jonhmartinezsk

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Since this is a thread for star wars discussion. There is one question that is usually asked.

If you could have any lightsaber. Which would it be? And what colour would the blade be?

After the force awakens trailer i was really into the crossguard saber (European medieval history buff.)

But in the end i'd go with what i know. I've trained with both spear and staff weapons so i'd have to go for the lightsaber pike.

Ernr0Zh.jpg

(This guys grip and stance are both horrible btw)

With a deep purple blade.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Since this is a thread for star wars discussion. There is one question that is usually asked.

If you could have any lightsaber. Which would it be? And what colour would the blade be?

After the force awakens trailer i was really into the crossguard saber (European medieval history buff.)

But in the end i'd go with what i know. I've trained with both spear and staff weapons so i'd have to go for the lightsaber pike.

Apart from Samuel L Jackson getting purple light saber because he asked so in the DVD bonus we all saw, 

Purple is my fav color, so i'm gonna stick with the Classic Luke's saber Purple color. (The one Ezra made was pretty cool as well. *From Rebels season 1)

Regarding the hilt from the episode 7, it's just too late by now, but i wished they had modified it a but like this.

post-21562-0-21487900-1446309785_thumb.j

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Apart from Samuel L Jackson getting purple light saber because he asked so in the DVD bonus we all saw, 

Purple is my fav color, so i'm gonna stick with the Classic Luke's saber Purple color. (The one Ezra made was pretty cool as well. *From Rebels season 1)

Regarding the hilt from the episode 7, it's just too late by now, but i wished they had modified it a but like this.

I don't really have many issues with the hilt on kylo's saber. There is evidence of the hilt stopping blades before so i don't think the small nubs are an issue.

(And the hilt in that picture still wouldn't "Trap" the opponents lightsaber.)

But i will add that i do enjoy the swept forward quillons on that design more than the cruciform guard

DSA1352BRS_5_l.jpg

If i could have a guard forged out of cortosis i wouldn't mind just having a non lightsaber guard.

(Or just that particular blade as a vibroblade (Non canon i know..)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I would like a white saber.

Have no problem with Kylo Ren's saber. Maybe it's some ancient saber which he found. When they show a close-up the blade is not as clean and smooth as others. It's like it's throbbing and pulsating. As if it's a very old design from a time when the art of lightsaber construction was less developed. Or it's new but built by somebody lacking proper skills / instruction.