Star Wars Club - A Guide to the Force - Rogue One Story Trailer + Updated Canon Timeline

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

LMAO UR PROFILE PIC XDDDD

1157692.png

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I gotta wait till 8:30 tomorrow  :(  :(  :(  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Sorry for spoilers... 

Obi-Wan dies.

I'm not sure when I'll be seeing it, but I don't want a full movie theatre so I'm thinking sometime next week.

Never been a Star Wars fan, but I'm trying to watch them all in order for the first time now that the new one is coming out. 

I watched Episode IV: A New Hope last night... It was great, and I had one takeaway from it: If I was a 12 year old kid in 1977 watching that movie, I WOULD HAVE LOST MY MIND AT HOW EPIC IT WAS. 

Going to watch the empire strikes back now :)

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

I hope it becomes a mega thread. I will be seeing the movie tonight but felt like it would be cool if I posted the thing.

@MoonKnightSpidey

LTT's Star Wars Club - A Guide To The Force :

http://linustechtips...ead-canon-only/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

@MoonKnightSpidey

LTT's Star Wars Club - A Guide To The Force :

http://linustechtips...ead-canon-only/

Please don't make this thread merge too.

We need a place to freely discuss the movie without having to worry about spoiling the movie, and it's impossible to do it there, since release dates are different in every country.

Please don't make this thread merge too.

We need a place to freely discuss the movie without having to worry about spoiling the movie, and it's impossible to do it there, since release dates are different in every country.

i understand,he can name this thread = Spoilers thread to be more clear, i know it released different in different counties, in my country it releases on Dec 25th 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

And i'm just sitting here, haven't watched a single episode yet... lel

for 1 year i've been trying to start a marathon, but nah

i have them all on my PC, but nah

Why did so many people create Star Wars threads when this already existed? It has been on the first page almost every day, so it couldn't possibly be missed by someone who actually tried to see if it existed. This one actually has thought behind it, with resources and updates. I'll continue to use this, especially for Star Wars Rebels.

Anyways, watched the film.

Spoiler

It was good, some parts reminded me too much of the ST reboot, but overall it was good (and pretty funny). I didn't like them killing off Han though. At least not like that...was so stupid. -_-

But who is Rey? Can't believe they are going to make us wait until the next movie to answer that. <_< But I liked that Kylo Ren's anger and impatience showed in his fighting style, and whenever he got pissed (slicing shit up cause he's four, you know). That was pretty neat, and funny.  :lol:

But I fear that the next one won't be as good as this one, with the directors changing constantly.

9.5/10

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

• 4 weeks later...

The Oscars YouTube channel have released this compilation video of The Force Awakens showcasing scenes before and after visual effects added in. Though there are many scenes featuring complete CGI effects, there are some scenes that highlight what great blend of real sets, locations along with CGI can achieve. Watch the 10 minute video below

Edited by Spotty
removed vid.me link

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Am i'm the only one who wants Back to the Future Part 4?

I guess it was the fans that wanted Star Wars...

Am i'm the only one who wants Back to the Future Part 4?

I guess it was the fans that wanted Star Wars...

There's Fans and there's every sane people who watch Star wars. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

There's Fans and there's every sane people who watch Star wars. 

My school had a entire Star Wars theme week...

I wished that they didn't make a big fuss about it at my school.

But you gotta respect their choices

'Star Wars Episode VIII' Delayed to December 15th, 2017

Today, Disney and Lucasfilm announced that Star Wars: Episode VIII, originally scheduled for release in summer 2017, will now debut on December 15, 2017.

The move follows the extraordinary success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was the first Star Wars movie to premiere outside the traditional summer blockbuster window and smashed numerous records, including biggest domestic and global debuts of all time as well as the biggest domestic second and third weekends, en route to becoming the highest grossing domestic release of all time with over $861.3 million and the third biggest global release ever with $1,886.7 billion.

Written and directed by Rian Johnson, Star Wars: Episode VIII is currently in preproduction and will begin principal photography in London next month. Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman will produce and J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski will executive produce. Stay tuned for exciting updates in the coming weeks.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-to-open-december-15-2017

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

• 2 months later...

Since we have a thread like this, time to revive it I suppose, since it's Off Topic and all.

The official trailer for Rogue One is here, and to be honest it looks much better than The Force Awakens. That scene with At-Ats looks so awesome.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

The official trailer for Rogue One is here, and to be honest it looks much better than The Force Awakens. That scene with At-Ats looks so awesome

Force Awakens wasn't bad but it was trying way too hard to call back to the original trilogy. It's wasn't even subtle. And then they showed us this massive planet/space-station and told us to be afraid because it was bigger and badder than the death star. And it has to be blown up like the death star.

Star Wars has an almost endless scope for storytelling within that universe, so it's important that they let their creative juices flow. Hopefully Rogue One and Episode 8 will do that.

It can still be familiar despite being new, they don't need to play it ultra safe to retain their audience. Look at how different empire strikes back was from A new hope...

15 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Force Awakens wasn't bad but it was trying way too hard to call back to the original trilogy. It's wasn't even subtle. And then they showed us this massive planet/space-station and told us to be afraid because it was bigger and badder than the death star. And it has to be blown up like the death star.

Star Wars has an almost endless scope for storytelling within that universe, so it's important that they let their creative juices flow. Hopefully Rogue One and Episode 8 will do that.

It can still be familiar despite being new, they don't need to play it ultra safe to retain their audience. Look at how different empire strikes back was from A new hope...

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that TFA was bed, it was just ok, nothing more, nothing less. Now after I've seen both TFA and this trailer, for some reason (maybe due to fact that TFA wasn't anything special/original) I am somewhat impressed by this trailer. To be honest I didn't even know what to expect, but am satisfied with how it looks. 

As you've said, they need to let their imagination run loose, and this looks (for now) like a good try. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

• 4 months later...

Weekly Update (13/12/2015) - Every Friday. - Give the post a recommendation if you found this useful and follow for weekly updates.// being honest people like anime more than star wars here on LTT, so, i'll update it as i feel the mood to do so.

Update (24/08/2016) - Every Friday. - Give the post a recommendation if you found this useful and follow for weekly updates.// 

COMPLETE New Canon Star Wars Timeline Chart, All Films + Books as of 24/08/2016

CA_StarChart_6-3-2016.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

• 3 weeks later...

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500