Rm 750i DISABLE Fanless Mode?

iamdarkbowser
Go to solution Solved by Corsair Joseph,

Yes, you can run the PSU's fan all the time by going into Corsair Link and set the fan rpm fixed % from 40 to 100 depending on how fast you want to run them. 

@iamdarkyoshi does not like how hot the RM 750i in Wally runs without the fan running. Is there a way to make the fan run all the time without holding the fan test button down? Noise is not a huge concern and the fan is not all that noisy anyway... 

@iamdarkyoshi does not like how hot the RM 750i in Wally runs without the fan running. Is there a way to make the fan run all the time without holding the fan test button down? Noise is not a huge concern and the fan is not all that noisy anyway... 

From the looks of things unless you can change the fan curve in Corsair Link it will not turn on until a certain temp or load it reached, however those temps are safe for the unit:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules/NDReviews/images/Corsair-RM750i/RM750i-002.jpg

From the looks of things unless you can change the fan curve in Corsair Link it will not turn on until a certain temp or load it reached, however those temps are safe for the unit:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules/NDReviews/images/Corsair-RM750i/RM750i-002.jpg

I know the temps are safe for the unit, but if the fan could spin at 500rpm it would knock 10 degrees off of its temps.

I know the temps are safe for the unit, but if the fan could spin at 500rpm it would knock 10 degrees off of its temps.

I guess they are going away with the ability to turn it on of off for silence but I would definitely check Corsair Link since they do allow for some fan control IIRC.

Yes, you can run the PSU's fan all the time by going into Corsair Link and set the fan rpm fixed % from 40 to 100 depending on how fast you want to run them. 

@iamdarkyoshi hates silence for some reason..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

In corsair link all I can find is a fixed percentage, and in my system I can't tell any sound difference at 50%, and anything above 80% is very loud. I have a RMi 650.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.