[Build Log] "Phenomenon" Switch 810+Pedestal

Jokrik

Great job of course. I have one main critique though and that's the tubing run from the VRMs to the CPU. No me gusta.. You need to take two 90 degs and put that instead to mend this. Making such build, I would not compromise on the wrong fittings. Truly. :)

Other than that, I don't have other critiques, at least not any that I think are major.

Incredible! Fantastic work mate. I'm like you, have only been really into computers for almost a year now and have just finished my first watercooled rig, loved every minute of it, great fun!

DROP FREAKING AMAZING! I wish i had the skill to do something like this. Just AHHHHH amazing. Thank you for the very consistent updates!

Great job of course. I have one main critique though and that's the tubing run from the VRMs to the CPU. No me gusta.. You need to take two 90 degs and put that instead to mend this. Making such build, I would not compromise on the wrong fittings. Truly. :)

Other than that, I don't have other critiques, at least not any that I think are major.

Thank you for the input :) I do have two 90 adapters in hand but I dont like something like that since its too industrial

I wanna keep my theme in place with the bending of the tube

beside, the tube bend for me is the art of the water cooling

so yeah, did it on purpose

again thx for the kind words

Incredible! Fantastic work mate. I'm like you, have only been really into computers for almost a year now and have just finished my first watercooled rig, loved every minute of it, great fun!
Thank you!

any photos of your rig?

Are you going to rotate the logo on the cpu block? I tried with my supremacy earlier. All you need to do is get it of with a small flat head screwdriver, and the adhesive is so strong you can just press it back on :) It looks so much nicer the right way up.

hello

Are you going to rotate the logo on the cpu block? I tried with my supremacy earlier. All you need to do is get it of with a small flat head screwdriver, and the adhesive is so strong you can just press it back on :) It looks so much nicer the right way up.
oh I didnt know you can do that!

I'll have a look at it later,

thx!

wanna hear something funny?

there is always something went wrong when this build is being introduce

on the previous rig live stream Linus couldnt show the pictures, and he showed the wrong picture

now something went wrong with his cat

now thats a PHENOMENON! :D

"The tube bend for me is the art of the water cooling."

Exactly! Yes, those 90 degree fitting rings look cool too, but bend is what ya want! :D

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Hmm...something I noticed just now. You didn't end up using the chipset block... why? collision with the rest of the tubing?

Hmm...something I noticed just now. You didn't end up using the chipset block... why? collision with the rest of the tubing?
yeah, unable to use the south bridge block since it clash with the GPU,

I could make it but it will be very very messy

btw, I LOVE how your project turns out man

seriously what a piece of art

I'm facing the same dilemma actually. The brand who makes the water block for my board (msi z77 mpower) is offering it in two separated blocks as well. I actually inquired if he could make a full block and he said yes but it boosts the price way up. I'm just thinking... what do I "lose" from cooling just the vrms? I mean.. which is more important?

Actually to be totally honest with you I see no gain by cooling the VRAM

Its more for look unless you are going to push your OC to 5+ Ghz , than you will see the difference

but I am very sure , with or without the block on the VRAM , you will not notice any performance difference if you dont go extreme on the OC :)

Nice rig! Random question though: Any idea how much the whole thing weighs? ;)

Nice rig! Random question though: Any idea how much the whole thing weighs? ;)
weighs like alot!

though I can carry it myself, just need a really deep breath before picking it up

but it can seriously injure my back lol

and I need a separate table for it, afraid my hanging table wont hold it good enough

I'm facing the same dilemma actually. The brand who makes the water block for my board (msi z77 mpower) is offering it in two separated blocks as well. I actually inquired if he could make a full block and he said yes but it boosts the price way up. I'm just thinking... what do I "lose" from cooling just the vrms? I mean.. which is more important?
Actually to be totally honest with you I see no gain by cooling the VRAM

Its more for look unless you are going to push your OC to 5+ Ghz , than you will see the difference

but I am very sure , with or without the block on the VRAM , you will not notice any performance difference if you dont go extreme on the OC :)

That is a really Beast rig! I was wondering if i could use one of your pictures on a school project.

Thanks Julian

Holy F#@k!! Have to say I've seen some amazing looking rigs before but this is defiantly my favorite. Truly an inspiration for me, the next rig i build, I'm defiantly going to go the extra mile like you have and build something special. Love it, well done! :)

Holy F#@k!! Have to say I've seen some amazing looking rigs before but this is defiantly my favorite. Truly an inspiration for me, the next rig i build, I'm defiantly going to go the extra mile like you have and build something special. Love it, well done! :)
Thank you!

Yes... go all out once and for all, dont hesitate so you wont regret it

dont forget to post some pic up when youre done

That is a really Beast rig! I was wondering if i could use one of your pictures on a school project.

Thanks Julian

No we are leaning to make a business website and mine is a custom PC website.