No sounds coming from my mac

HyperPanda

Hey guys so I just got a mac on Thursday and yesterday I plugged in some speakers to it and it started making this loud weird sound so i unplugged it and now i'm getting no sound at all from it and even when i plug in headphones i get no sound. I've pressed the mute button and still nothing and when i try to make sound louder or quieter it wont do anything.

Thanks for the help - Elias

Restart happens to my macbook pro alot.

I am a happy wuffy

Check what your sound is on (mute/low sound). Then go to your system preferences and check sound and make sure you have it set to whatever device you're using.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

i would say go the the apple website and look at drivers for your device to see if they have a hotfix download

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Probably drivers

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Well I took it into the apple store and it needs to be exchanged so I have to send it back and get a new one.