Fallout 4 PC Disc Will Not Contain The Entire Game on PC

I tried to care, but I was going to download the entire thing through Steam regardless. :/

Sad fact of this day and age.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

honestly games on discs should be dead.

"It doesnt affect me so it shouldn't exist"

That is so much BS. Anyway I dont care as I dont use disks for several years now. I even forgot how they look like. I think there was square shaped hole in the middle .. hmm .. I may be wrong.

And I guarantee you that it will be available for pirates from day 1 so ... who gets punished? Customer. GJ Bestheadsba.

So in other words if something happens to the servers and you want to reinstall the game you can't. *slow clap*

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

there comes a poitn where you have to draw a line in the sand. As technology moves on people will be sad. Its the same as the XP support issue or the win7 support that will end at some point in the future or the radios ditching analogue. Go back further and see the outrage with vinyl or tape. There are losers in this, there always are but sustainably matters more

You make a valid point, however when I could walk to a store and back, record and edit a video about it and install all 4 discs of The Witcher 3 faster then I could download it, then discs are still important.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

do you know how much time it takes to burn each disc?

Do you?  because last I heard, DVDs are not burned.  :lol:

They are stamped, which takes like 2 seconds.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

IMO disc should still exist because of crappy ips who put data caps on their services. but right now the disc is basically a glorified drm key with no actual data on it (so basically like the phantom pain incident)? SMH, bethesda is slowly reaching ubisoft levels.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Haha, it's funny. I see so many people complaining. Yet those same people to on to say that it doesn't affect them because they'll be downloading the game on Steam.

I'd imagine there is such a small percentage of people buying the game in physical form, that it doesn't matter. Sure, it sucks to have to download some. However no one has stated how much you'll have to download. Perhaps it's only a few GB out of the 30GB title. Seems like a fair trade off to me. If that's the case, they wouldn't be waiting any longer than those that download the whole 30GB.

On another note, if your internet is THAT bad, chances are you don't play a whole lot of games. In areas with that kind of under development (3rd world aside, but that raises other issues) people generally aren't that interested in gaming. They have other things to focus on, like farm chores, or actually going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer.

Do you know how cheap a disc is?

There's so much more to it than just a disc.

Look at BestBuy's PC section.
There's a reason it's so small...

By that logic, there should not be any physical versions for the consoles.

In a few years I'm sure there won't be.

Here's my take: if you're gonna sell me a partially (or fully) digital game as a retail product, you better fucking go above and beyond when it comes to the goodies it includes.

Here's an example, this is the manual I got for Baldur's Gate II back in the early 2000s when I bought it:

That motherfucker is 263 pages long: it's a full fucking book and could conceivable be used to play Advanced D&D, like the tabletop fucking game not just the PC game. I actually have brought it as an inmpromptu player's handbook when we only had 1 for all the players. And it wasn't even the only item it came with it also had a map and the 4 cd jewel case with cds.

Now since you're saving on CDs my expectation would be for me to get even more than this since this was 50 bucks 14 years ago. Anything less it's just pure fucking greed.

Haha, insane.

Still, the gaming industry as a whole has gotten a lot more greedy. You won't see things like that anymore. Look at the prices of games these days. $79.99? Are you fucking kidding me?

They're asking too much.

The worst part is, they'll release DLC a few months later and say "pay half the price of the game for a few more hours!".

I'm glad there's only 4 or 5 games I want this year. Maybe down to 3 depending on how the first few turn out.

That is so much BS. Anyway I dont care as I dont use disks for several years now. I even forgot how they look like. I think there was square shaped hole in the middle .. hmm .. I may be wrong.

And I guarantee you that it will be available for pirates from day 1 so ... who gets punished? Customer. GJ Bestheadsba.

The extra steps make it harder. I'm surprised they bothered releasing a disc at all, people should be happy there is one.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

IMO disc should still exist because of crappy ips who put data caps on their services. but right now the disc is basically a glorified drm key with no actual data on it (so basically like the phantom pain incident)? SMH, bethesda is slowly reaching ubisoft levels.

Australia specifically needs physical media.

What a croc.... Because Telstra was cheap back in the day and only put in half the cables they were supposed to means that we can never get ADSL connected and wireless BB is costing an arm and a leg compared to ADSL. $160 for 25GB wireless compared to $75 for 50GB on ADSL. Total rip off. Sigh over it all.

PMSL

Here's my take: if you're gonna sell me a partially (or fully) digital game as a retail product, you better fucking go above and beyond when it comes to the goodies it includes.

Here's an example, this is the manual I got for Baldur's Gate II back in the early 2000s when I bought it:

2382080-20111218193613.jpg

That motherfucker is 263 pages long: it's a full fucking book and could conceivable be used to play Advanced D&D, like the tabletop fucking game not just the PC game. I actually have brought it as an inmpromptu player's handbook when we only had 1 for all the players. And it wasn't even the only item it came with it also had a map and the 4 cd jewel case with cds.

Now since you're saving on CDs my expectation would be for me to get even more than this since this was 50 bucks 14 years ago. Anything less it's just pure fucking greed.

today it's all about the digital hats and digital costumes and digital over powered weapons with yur boxed copy, who needs this:

0210-ni-no-kuni-990x659.jpg

(ni no kuni wizard book) not digîtal  probably only cause i got it on the ps3

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

To all of those who are against discs or don't care if games and programs stop being released on them. Try living in areas where the Internet costs shitloads, is mobile boradband that you can only get from 1 ISP at an exorbitant price, and has poor speeds due to its very nature and the amount of people not having an alternative except to use wireless.

Also, with full physical copies you actually, physically, own the game.  With all or even partly digital download games and programs you do not actually own them-you only have permission to download and/or play them.

PMSL

well this sucks for people that have bandwidth caps or for example who have terrible download speeds.

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

To all of those who are against discs or don't care if games and programs stop being released on them. Try living in areas where the Internet costs shitloads, is mobile boradband that you can only get from 1 ISP at an exorbitant price, and has poor speeds due to its very nature and the amount of people not having an alternative except to use wireless.

Also, with full physical copies you actually, physically, own the game.  With all or even partly digital download games and programs you do not actually own them-you only have permission to download and/or play them.

I don't disagree that in some areas internet is not nearly accessible as others. However people seem to be missing the point, Bethesda haven't made it digital only, they have included the majority of the data on the disc, given Bethesda's ability and wizardry to compress, so only a small amount maybe 7GB or slightly more is needed to download?

For reference that is just over two hours worth of HD movies on Netflix.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I don't disagree that in some areas internet is not nearly accessible as others. However people seem to be missing the point, Bethesda haven't made it digital only, they have included the majority of the data on the disc, given Bethesda's ability and wizardry to compress, so only a small amount maybe 7GB or slightly more is needed to download?

Note: The majority of the data. What happens when your unable to download the rest hmmm???? The game becomes unplayable as you don't own all of it yourself.

And did you also miss the part where people need to pay $160 per month for only 25GB of unreliable and slow mobile broadband due to the fact that ADSL is unavailable. 12 hours to download 95MB. 12 fucking hours because their options are so limited. How can people be expected to download gigabytes of files?

Just been onto Telstra 24x7 and Wyatt Roy to try and sort out the persistent issue we have with not being able to get an ADSL connection even though others in our street have been connected recently. Here's hoping we finally get some action as nearly 12 hours to download a 95MB file and being unable to view videos in an online study course is ridiculous.

PMSL

I'm planning to buy my games on physical copies as much as possible because of our crappy internet. This is bad news. 

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

I'm planning to buy my games on physical copies as much as possible because of our crappy internet. This is bad news. 

And when you think about it. Downloading part of the game after buying it actually costs you more money after the fact. On top of the shitty internet.

PMSL

For reference that is 14% of my monthly on peak data, thats if I could even watch HD in the first place...

Also the introduction of netflix in Australia has single handedly fucked our infrastructure to the point where people cant even game online anymore if enough people are watching netflix in the area.  

So I brought a digital copy. Why?

- Gave up on downloading anything over 1gb.

- I was expecting more BS like this with physical copies. 

- The cost of a physical copy (vs kinguin) is greater than me adding a 30gb data pack (~25AUD) if I was to attempt to download it.

- I just get the files from my friend who is one of the like 12 people with okay internet in this country.

Well I download all my gamnes anyway. PC games on disc always seemed stupid to me in general.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

This is so fucking stupid. I like having a physical copy of things. Whether it be games, movies or CD's. What is the point of taking the time to manufacture discs & artwork for there to be nothing on it? For people who like digital only, then that's great. There's still many who like to have a physical copy of a product, not a fucking shell of said product.

What's next, Blu-ray discs that have no movie on them, or CD's with no audio forcing you to go to a stupid website to download a digital copy?

It's bullshit iyam. And these stupid practices that make me NOT want to buy these games. Can't support companies who pull this bullshit.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

they could've put the game on  a couple of discs, but it's not like everyone has a blueray player in the PC do they??

Looking for a job

I find this absolutely infuriating, but there really isn't a whole hell of a lot I can do about it outside of "don't buy the game, derp". I'm hoping that at the very least we can burn what files the disc is missing onto a separate disc so we can own a complete copy of the game if we wish to do so. It's a pipe dream, but I wish developers would stop seeing games as 'products' that need their supply micromanaged, and instead as the works of art they truly are. These games that we play now are representations of our culture, historians in the future will inevitably try to use videogames to study our civilization. It ought to be a goddamn crime to lock up and fragment works of art like this. I'm not saying games should be free or necessarily endorsing piracy, I simply believe works of art should be left whole and easily accessible for those who can access it, regardless of whether they are a gamer purchasing the game now in 2015 or a historian pulling data off of 'artifacts' in the year 2500. Corporations cannot be trusted to preserve games as it is a conflict of interest, and it is important to realize humanity's impermanence. Nothing lasts forever and all civilizations inevitably fall, Steam nor Valve are immortal and one day they too will fall. My words may be falling on deaf ears, but our dependence on cloud services for media access is incredibly dangerous. I would liken the industries' movement towards steam dependence to the burning of the Library of Alexandria. Why must we be so goddamn selfish?

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

they could've put the game on  a couple of discs, but it's not like everyone has a blueray player in the PC do they??

That reminds me, I should really start looking for a good blueray drive to replace my dead SATA DVD drive (it seems that its connecotrs were made of cheap, brittle plastic, unlike my IDE drives).

PMSL

Honestly,The Only Reason I Buy Hard Copies Is Because I Like The Game,With GTAV For Example,I Couldve Bought A Code And Been Done With It,But I Wanted The Hard Copy Since I Liked The Game,I Do Find This Dumb Though