HTC One A9: the final nail in the coffin for HTC?

asim1999

The phone has pretty much been revealed in leaks and renders. 

First is the price tag of 599 euros. Really HTC?

I wouldnt mind if it had a Snapdragon 820 or Helio X20, but will carry a Snapdragon 617 with 3GB RAM, I have a Snapdragon 615 in my M4 Aqua, which is basically the same chip. It performs badly and overheats like mad. 

Other specs include a 13MP rear camera, and a small 2150mAh battery, along with a 5 inch 1080p display. 

Here is a render of the phone in black:

htc-one-a9-new2.jpg

I am disappointed, as a HTC Executive said earlier in the year that the rumoured A9 would be the promised Aero device that would save the company with its "flagship specs".

I think HTC is dead with this move.

Your thoughts?

Read more about the One A9 here:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-A9-listed-online-priced-at-690-USD-two-sources-confirm-Android-6.0-is-pre-installed_id74713

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_a9-7576.php

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

My thoughts? I think it's the final nail in the coffin because they name and Android device after an apple CPU.

Plus, it also looks like an i phone

Edited by Dobbsjr

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

Isn't it HTC Aero A9 or is it ONE A9

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

Hmmm..... it does remind me a bit of something but i can't quite put me finger on it.....

LOL i know what you mean. The next thing, said company will sue HTC for copying and "patent infringement" 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Isn't it HTC Aero A9 or is it ONE A9

Its the One A9. Aero was just a codename 

To say they're "dead" is sensationalist, IMO.

Granted, they're in a bad spot, but I'm adamant this won't be the end of the road for them.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

To say they're "dead" is sensationalist, IMO.

Granted, they're in a bad spot, but I'm adamant this won't be the end of the road for them.

True, but  i just feel that they went too far this time

Well i am hoping their rumoured HTC O2 smartphone will be good. It sounds amazing: 1440p screen, SD820 and waterproof body. We will see at MWC 2016 what happens 

1st gen iphone.

Reminds me an iPhone 6 Plus 

True, but  i just feel that they went too far this time

Well i am hoping their rumoured HTC O2 smartphone will be good. It sounds amazing: 1440p screen, SD820 and waterproof body. We will see at MWC 2016 what happens 

We'll see. To be honest, though, having used the M8 for a long time, it's a MUCH better phone than the HTC One X in almost every way, and that phone bothered me to hell and back. Maybe they're just in a strange desperate position and are looking for a way to get out of it. Who knows...

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Oh look, an iPhone, that is worse than an iPhone at the price point of an iPhone.  ^_^

Where can I get an iPhone for 599 euros.

But yeah, this phone is awful. The bezels are worse than iPhone, which is already awful at bezels, no stereo speakers that I can see and a AA battery.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The design is good (We get what it looks like, now stfu), the build is great but as with every HTC it fails in the price/performance department miserably.
What the hell happened to you HTC? You used to be good...

How many of you people actually pay full price for the phone to begin with? Most people get it through their carrier for waaaaaay cheaper from the get-go.

How many of you people actually pay full price for the phone to begin with? Most people get it through their carrier for waaaaaay cheaper from the get-go.

Well, in my country carriers don't give you any deals. The best they do is that they let you pay for your phone without any increase in price over those two years. So most people buy full price, that's why most popular phones here are 300 euro range ones.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Not here in the UK. The average total price for an iPhone 6S contract is £1200. Now lets take a SIM only iPhone 6S for £500 and stick a £17 a month unlimited 4G data sim from 3 in there. The total price is £900. Big difference 

Hmmm..... it does remind me a bit of something but i can't quite put me finger on it.....

Samsung Galaxy S1?

Well, in my country carriers don't give you any deals. The best they do is that they let you pay for your phone without any increase in price over those two years. So most people buy full price, that's why most popular phones here are 300 euro range ones.

Not here in the UK. The average total price for an iPhone 6S contract is £1200. Now lets take a SIM only iPhone 6S for £500 and stick a £17 a month unlimited 4G data sim from 3 in there. The total price is £900. Big difference 

You're still paying a small portion over several months instead of all of it upfront.

You're still paying a small portion over several months instead of all of it upfront.

Well in that case, i would choose GiffGaff any day over the others 

Yes, but if you buy upfront you are not tied by any contract also you can find a deal, where carriers, atleast here, stick to on release prices which never go down ever, so it's more expensive.

Spoiler

After having the iphone 4, 4s, 5 and 5s i got my first android phone (the m7) because i got bored of the same old design just slimmer. Now they are doing this..