Hard Drive Stuttering

Hey guys, I just recently bought a laptop for college. Core i7-4700MQ, gtx 780m, 750 gb 7200rpm hdd, and a samsung ssd. 

I just ran into this problem today. Every 20-30 seconds or so, my computer seems to stutter and time-out. Any audio playing starts to stutter, my mouse stutters, and any videos playing stop playing. This happens for 1/2 a second or so. I went into task manager, opened resource monitor, and saw that whenever the stutter happened, my hdd would randomly spike. 

Does anyone have any solutions or possible answers to solve this problem? I just defraged and optimized my hdd, but that didn't do anything, it still stutters. 

Is my hard drive dying or something? 

Is anything actually being read from the hard drive? Or is it just videos/audio playing through your browser? If it's the former, is it while it's playing for a while, or when you start to play something

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well my mouse also stutters in that duration so I don't think it's a browser issue. I just looked at the resource monitor and see the hdd doing small writes and reads, then suddenly spiking and making my computer stutter

Where are the videos/audio coming from?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Where are the videos/audio coming from?

Youtube, twitch, spotify...they all stutter along with my mouse and probably the entire computer in that duration. 

What's on the hard drive exactly?

What's on the hard drive exactly?

Boot Drive, music, basically everything except for a few games that I have on my ssd. 

I also backed up all my data in-case it is a hdd issue and it fails

What programs are running in the background?

Is there a way I can screenshot all the programs that are running in the background?

If using W7, type into the W7 start menu "msconfig."

Go to the Startup tab. Be sure the Startup item section is wider than the rest so you can see the name of the program. Then you can use either Snipping Tool or the PRTSC button to take a screenshot and copy it to your clipboard. Then using Paint to paste it and then save it. Then post it here. Using Snipping Tool would be easier.

Also, would you consider putting your OS on your SSD instead?

So I got the photos, but Im having trouble uploading them from google chrome. 

I also tried moving the os to the ssd a few weeks ago, but I ran into some issues. I first duplicated my boot drive and all the hdd data to the ssd....but then it wasnt recognized in the bios. Then I tried removing the hdd from the laptop physically, but my laptop got a purple screen and started glitching.....so I decided to just wipe the ssd and move a few games onto it, Im a newb

You can do a fresh install. Also, how are you trying to upload the photos?

Idk, trying to look above this text box for a place to add the photos. I clicked on paste, but it wont let me post the photos from my computer.

i dont think I can do a fresh install because my laptop did not come with a Windows 8 cd. Is there a way to do a fresh install without the cd? 

Go to More Reply Options. At the bottom, you should see options for attaching files. Click Browser, select the appropriate file, insert it and then click Upload. You can also insert it directly into the post by click Add to post.

As for reinstalling Windows, what version are you running of Windows? W7 or W8?

Im running Windows 8 btw....

it's 2 o'clock over here so I am going to go to bed. I really appreciate your help, could you analyze the photos above and see if there are any potential programs that would create the stuttering? I'll be back in 8 hours or so

Did this situation occur before you installed Rainmeter? And okay. I'll try getting a Windows 8 ISO for you.

The problem only started happening recently, probably today. Rainmeter was installed a month ago or so

I'll let you go to bed. We'll talk later. I'll probably be on again in about 13 hours.

One thing that I did do earlier was in the bios, I was curious to see what would happen if I clicked restore to original bios settings or something like that....then my computer wasnt starting so I clicked on "start in uefi mode" and it started working again. Im not positive if the stuttering was happening before or after that event, but other than that I havent really messed around with the computer