Featured Build Logs Competition #004 - Submission Thread

Whaler_99
Welcome to what is a regular feature now on LinusTechTips - Feature Build Logs.

Feel free to submit your build log to be eventually voted on and the winner featured on the WAN Show.

The thread will be open for about a month, or until at least 7 submissions are entered.

RULES

A few basic rules...

1 - Only submit your own build log. You cannot submit if you have won in the past three months.

2 - Your build must be completed. Do not submit "In Progress" builds.

3 - Description cap of about 200 words.

4 - Do not include specs, please have a detailed list of specs in your actual Build Log thread.

5 - Please do not re-submit a Build if it is currently being voted on. If it doesn't win, you can re-submit on the next submission thread.

6 - Please do not use the attachment function for your images. Attachments don't get ported between posts, so when we make the voting thread, this makes things rather difficult. Instead use image tags like so:

[img=http://url.to/your-image.jpeg]

7 - Please only post a single image - so make sure it is a good one.

^ All invalid submissions will be ignored ^

Accepted submissions will be moved to new a "voting" version of the thread. The top voted system will be featured on the WAN show or in the after party. One other submitted system will also be picked by “the staff" (Linus, Slick and Mods).

TEMPLATE

Forum ID: MyIDonForum

Build Title: This is My Build Title

Description: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum.

DYUYmyn.jpg

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Forum ID: ClownFace1511

Build Title: Project: Ravage

Description: Project: Ravage is a custom designed and built watercooled computer table from scratch. This was my first time watercooling and being only 17 years old it was challenging but the final results are amazing. I made this table at school for my timber major work and its final mark will go towards my final school result.

5PHdtFz.jpg

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Forum ID: Stefan1024

Build Title: The silent cube

Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/351134-finished-the-silent-cube-pushing-passive-cooling-to-the-limit

Description: Yes the design is totally dictated by the cooling, but that doesn't mean it has to be ugly ;)  And yes, all 500 watts kicked out by the system are cooled passive, and no, it does not overheat.

This build is an antipole to all these LED covered, hardline watercooled show systems. They look very nice, but you need sunglasses and headphones when using them. So I built my 50kg heavy black box that is totally inaudible and maintenance free, but has still a lot of compute power under the cover.

Ok, I have to admit I added one gimmick: I recover energy from the heat output of the GPUs with a thermoelectric generator to charge my smart-phone while gaming.

LsepPHE.jpg

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Forum ID: Deblow
Build Title: Project Alternate

Description: This is my custom designed scratch build, mostly made of wood the desk is designed to fit my tastes & catch the natural light with its sharp angles & 2 pac paint, with & without the LEDs.
this has taken me the best part of the year to complete & im glad its all gone to plan, hope you also think its been worth all the time & effort :)

A_0224a_zps9msqwb3v.jpg

Forum ID: TheProfosist

Build Title: ThePylon - Supporting the Future

Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/437596-thepylon-55-supporting-the-future/

Description:

Well its that time again, time for a new build log that is! This time we are looking at my HTPC/Server ThePylon. It has gone through many changes over the years and at one point was even two computers. This time however it made it over 3 years with out any significant changes, as its name suggests. Things were actually starting to go and be unstable. The 2TB Hitachi drives were still from shortly after the flooding in Thailand that screwed up the HDD market up until the recent year or so. All but one had failed and already been RMA'd once. The build in general needed an update.

ThePylon has always been the name of my server since its inception in an ancient all steel beige super tower (let me know if you get the reference :P ). The 5.25in bays were compartmentalized from the motherboard and it actually had a tray for the mother board as well as a PSU compartment. It is the backbone of all of my data, essentially a huge file share. Back then I also had a separate PC acting as a HTPC for anime, movie, and music playback as well as recording TV and gaming. Both of these systems were on all the time so I felt the most efficient thing would be to combine them.

ThePylon%205.5%20-%20Log%2000%20-%200.1%

Forum ID: p0Pe

Build Title: HEX GEAR R40 - Engineering Statioon

Description: I needed a new workstation for myself, so I started a build with the idea of making a simple workstation that just had to get the job done. As most of my other mods, things quickly spiraled out of controll, and this ended up being one of the most complicated builds I have done to date, with a completely custom rear distributing watercooling plate, and a custom lasercut/engraved cable routing plate.

Gg37F5r.jpg

Great to see so many entries!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

No real deadline, we just close it whenever. :) Maybe another month or so. If you don't make it this time, there will be more.

Multiple entries... nothing really against it, as long as none have previously won. 

Forum ID: Necrodead

Build Title: Air 00

Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/392550-build-log-air-00-air-240-shots-of-completed-build/page-5

Description: I really wanted to do something with the Air 240 from corsair, and so I started this build with no idea as to where it would end up. Now it's become quite the project and used way more of my time & money than I had originally thought! I don't have access to fancy tools, or loads of money to make an amazing case from scratch or have everything milled by a machine shop, so everything you see was done with a can of spray paint, a dremel and a heat gun. After hitting some bumps along the way, I have a computer I can truly call my own.

SNaGL1J.jpg

Forum ID: darwin1859
Build Title: Project Erebus
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/364009-build-log-erebus-x99-900d-h2o/
Description: After several months planning and work, Project Erebus has finally reached completion. The massive 900D houses a full rigid watercooling loop, with the dual D5 pumps and one of the radiators hidden away below the midplate, and a Coldzero kit giving a clean look in the top section. Erebus is an ancient Greek god of darkness, and I tried to capture that feeling with the theme for this build. The custom-sleeved cabling, sprayed fans and custom-made purple pastel coolant from Mayhems were all carefully designed to fit perfectly, set on the black background. Other mods include the black Plastidip I/O ports on the motherboard, and stealth 5.25" bay fan controller, which really complete the clean look.

zFMLRlb.jpg

Forum ID: MrPiejean
Build Title: Inox M10 v0.8
Thread URL: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/479676-inox-m10-custom-case-made-from-scratch/
Description: an updated version of the open air case I made from scratch last year, which I am now trying to produce and sell by funding the prototyping on indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/inox-m10-pc-case#/

post-108943-0-47332700-1446757998_thumb.

Forum ID: XYUNEED

Build Title: Project The X Desk | The X Room

Description: This project started in 2012 from an old attic to a modern gaming cave. The whole desk is made out of wood with the tought of a watercooled system. You have 2 reservoirs in the middle and the main system. 2 rads on the outside legs and 2 in the inside legs, tubing and cables can be reached via doors inside the legspace. The desk is made for 2 fully grown gamers great for a mini lan party. The desk has a red and black theme the room itself has a black and white theme fully covered by RGB LEDS so the whole room can change from color. I'm glad this project is "done" and I hope you guys are enjoying it I sure do! :D

post-185075-0-90924600-1447011671_thumb.

The X Desk«BuildLog»

.:Custom Watercooled Desk - Gaming Cave:.

Feel free to take a look, I would highly appreciate it.

Too much competition in this thread, by far one of the hardest to win.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Too much competition in this thread, by far one of the hardest to win.

For sure,  I think they need to feature all the builds this time around :D

Nice to see you here @XYOUNEED,  build/room looks great!, & good job with the red lighting photos, they can be very tricky

For sure,  I think they need to feature all the builds this time around :D

Nice to see you here @XYOUNEED,  build/room looks great!, & good job with the red lighting photos, they can be very tricky

They sure are! Had so many potato photo's :P Thanks! I wish you the best of luck same for you @ClownFace1511

The X Desk«BuildLog»

.:Custom Watercooled Desk - Gaming Cave:.

Feel free to take a look, I would highly appreciate it.

They sure are! Had so many potato photo's :P Thanks! I wish you the best of luck same for you @ClownFace1511

These are some nice PC Builds Man!

• 2 weeks later...

When does the voting start?

anyone's guess "about a month, or until at least 7 submissions"

more than a month has passed & more than 7 subs so looks like they forgot about this post :(

No, we haven't. I expect to have the poll done this week. :)

All locked now, please see the Voting thread to cast em. Good luck to everyone!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/496604-featured-build-logs-004-voting-thread/