CD Projekt says Cyberpunk 2077 will be "bigger, far bigger" - than The Witcher 3

Bloodyvalley

There was a time when "bigger," in videogame terms, was synonymous with "better." But more recently, it's not unusual to hear the opposite sentiment: That gamers just don't have time for 100-hour epics, and that an awful lot of effort is being wasted on huge games that only a tiny slice of players ever actually finish. CD Projekt Visual Effects Artist Jose Teixeira doesn't agree with that sentiment, however, telling MCV, "If anything, The Witcher 3 proved the point that players are more interested in longer games."

Teixeira was describing how the Witcher 3 achieved major mainstream success, well beyond the first two games in the series, despite being a game that by all appearances should only appeal to a relatively niche—and therefore, small—market. "We are still amazed at how many people played The Witcher 3, because it’s a game style that is usually reserved for hardcore audiences," he said. "People actually loved it, especially more in the casual audience, which we’re really impressed with."

It also, he explained, demonstrates that those more "casual" players aren't necessarily put off by games that demand big time investments. "Now, especially, you hear so many people talking about how the triple-A games industry is there and nobody wants that experience anymore, and here you go—a nice, well-written single-player experience," he said. "There’s no multiplayer, there’s no microtransactions; you get a game, you play the game and enjoy the game, and it’s a great success."

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was undeniably successful, but it also bears noting that, according to its Steam achievements, less than 25 percent of people who own it have actually finished the thing. Even so, CD Projekt isn't giving up on big experiences: Teixeira said its next project, Cyberpunk 2077, will be even bigger—"far, far bigger"—than The Witcher 3. It's an interesting contrast to the approach taken by Activision in the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, which developer Treyarch recently announced would launch with all campaign missions unlocked from the very start, enabling players to skip to any part of the game, at any time—even the very end, if they choose.

Source

Here's the teaser trailer for the game:

I wonder what it will become

Bigger then the witcher 3? will I need to buy a separate HDD just for this game?

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Vaporware 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It better notbe like The Crew. Massive map, whole lot of nothing to do.

@The_Stig how about Star Sitizen. Its in space, infinite space. Kappa.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I like this concept, CD Projekt really seems to be stepping up in the world, which is good as they aren't dicks like some publishers, cough..cough..ea......cough

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Cyberpunk 2077 System Requirements:

Minimum:

CPU: i7 8700k

RAM: 128gb 

Graphics Card: GTX TITAN XZ 24gb Vram + dedicated hairworks co-processor 

HDD: 1tb

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

i remember cd red telling everyone that they weren't gonna talk about cyberpunk 2077 until they wrapped up witcher 3. seems like once the last few patches and expansions roll out they're gonna move away from witcher and actually work on cyberpunk. i think cd red said it themselves that witcher 3 is the last witcher game, at least for a while 

honestly i'm hoping good things from cyberpunk. i dunno about the tabletop game it originates from but as far as i'm concerned it's gonna remind me a lot of Akira. and since cd red made witcher series as best as it can be and that they actually treat gamers with respect, it's safe to say that they're gonna do the same for cyberpunk 

And to date Skyrim is the only game that is actually big enough to make my gaming rig-and more specifically its GTX 970-cry. And since the Witcher 3 only does that with 1 BS setting (tessellation), the bar has been set high for this game.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I love cyberpunk. I almost dropped my jaw when I saw the teaser in january 2013. Sadly NOTHING has happened since then, publicly, and CDPR has even stated we won't hear anything about it until 2016/17, which means it won't be released until 2017. Such a shame. Witcher 3 looks nice, but honestly, with open world games, especially when trying to be gigantic, just ends up being filled with time wasting nonsense.

I'd prefer a lot more quality in a smaller space then giant areas wasting my time.

But february next year is the launch date of Deus Ex Mankind Divided! I LOVE Human Revolution (100% achievements in DE:HR, DE:TML and DE:HR DC, so I played the game like 5 times). I am so hyped for it.

As for Cyberpunk 2077. Well CDPR has made a classic in the Witcher 3 and set a new golden standard. If they can do the same with C2077, then I'l happily buy it and play the 1500 hours it might take. Frack getting laid, I got Cyberpunk :lol: ​

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I love the witcher 3, I've been purposely trying not to beat the game lol

I work alot, so hopping into a side quest, a contract, or just exploring for an hour works well for me.

This is the first I've heard about cyberpunk, but it looks awesome!

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Yeah but the Witcher 3 was so big they flew pretty close to the fucking sun: Nvidia hairworks was shite on it, the game was drastically downgraded to make sure consoles could handle it and they didn't lose that chunk of change to keep developing, they went pretty heavy with the AAA stuff by offering a season pass (Even if they made up for it by offering DLC that's better than a standard length AAA action title) I don't think they can pull it off: Something "far bigger" than the Witcher 3 either doesn't gets made for 6 years or ends up compromising too much and melting their wings.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Cyberpunk 2077 System Requirements:

Minimum:

CPU: i7 8700k

RAM: 128gb 

Graphics Card: GTX TITAN XZ 24gb Vram + dedicated hairworks co-processor 

HDD: 1tb

Damn only a 8700k? It's really well optimized!

Another game I'll be skipping lol. I want to be able to beat the single player of any game in less than 50-100 hours, anything more and I just get too bored to ever play the game again.
Like when a TV show jumps the shark.

Damn only a 8700k? It's really well optimized!

By that point the normal i7 may be an 6/8 core so...   :lol:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Man I wish CD Projekt Red games weren't so full of fanservice. Because they deserve my money for their business practices, but I still feel the fanservice cheapens their games to the point I have to wait for a sale to feel good about it.

Another game I'll be skipping lol. I want to be able to beat the single player of any game in less than 50-100 hours, anything more and I just get too bored to ever play the game again.

We have a term for that, it's PEBKAC

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

sound great i love long games especially RPGs have to be long a RPG under 100H is meh. haven't played the Witcher 3 yet still waiting for the inevitable enhanced edition. also nice to hear that they wont wast energy on multiplayer. like bioware did with ME3 and than ending up ruining the side missions.    

Man I wish CD Projekt Red games weren't so full of fanservice. Because they deserve my money for their business practices, but I still feel the fanservice cheapens their games to the point I have to wait for a sale to feel good about it.

We have a term for that, it's PEBKAC

No it's jumping the shark plain and simple. Some games' main attraction is jumping the shark, we call those MMOs.

Like when a TV show jumps the shark.

I'm pretty sure you can finish TW3's main campaign in less than 50-100 hours - apparently, speedrunners have been able to do it in 25. You'll miss out on a bunch of really great side quests, though.

I'm pretty sure you can finish TW3's main campaign in less than 50-100 hours - apparently, speedrunners have been able to do it in 25. You'll miss out on a bunch of really great side quests, though.

So in other words Skyrim is still a bigger game :P . Cyberpunk 2077 will have to be bigger than not just TW3, but Skyrim as well (including all 2 main DLC + the community created DLC).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Size matters?

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I love cyberpunk. I almost dropped my jaw when I saw the teaser in january 2013. Sadly NOTHING has happened since then, publicly, and CDPR has even stated we won't hear anything about it until 2016/17, which means it won't be released until 2017. Such a shame. Witcher 3 looks nice, but honestly, with open world games, especially when trying to be gigantic, just ends up being filled with time wasting nonsense.

I'd prefer a lot more quality in a smaller space then giant areas wasting my time.

But february next year is the launch date of Deus Ex Mankind Divided! I LOVE Human Revolution (100% achievements in DE:HR, DE:TML and DE:HR DC, so I played the game like 5 times). I am so hyped for it.

As for Cyberpunk 2077. Well CDPR has made a classic in the Witcher 3 and set a new golden standard. If they can do the same with C2077, then I'l happily buy it and play the 1500 hours it might take. Frack getting laid, I got Cyberpunk :lol: ​

unfortunately the cyberpunk genre is mostly ignored :/ lets hope this changes that. ill probably book a week off work or something when it comes out and have a fridge full of red bulls and coffee,