Techie reasons to like (or not hate) Apple [Serious replies only]

LukaP

Im going to be playing devils advocate here (or just like, uncovering another side of the story)

You all probably know my views on Apple, how most of the hate they get is unjustified. 

So, if you have a reason to like apple (or if you just want to give props where its due), this is the thread for you (and the rhyme is for me)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I swear I just saw a topic on this.....

oh nvm, that one was non-techie reasons.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

They have nice packaging, that's the only thing i like about them.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

I swear I just saw a topic on this.....

it was the opposite and non-techie reasons

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Their hardware looks nice, and windows runs great on it!

That's about all I can muster up on this topic.

When in doubt, re-format.

I don't mind MacBooks, but the rest of the Apple stuff just doesn't appeal to me. I'd only get a MacBook if I could put Windows/Linux on it.

"Serious replies only"

I think you are on the wrong forum.

On topic:

Because they locked down the OS

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Techie reasons? Umm it's produced a viable alternative to windows that isn't as scary as Linux to newbies?

Aright I will speak my reasons: 

Mac: 1-Better scalling for HiDPi (at least when I bough it) 

2-Better battery life (again when I bought it)

iPhone: 1-Great camera

2- Ecosystem (in other words world of tanks blitz works better there)

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

"Serious replies only"

I think you are on the wrong forum.

Yeah sadly... 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Techie reasons, hmmmmmmmmmmm................ Well I got a non techie reason. They look nice for a prebuilt.

they make some high quality stuff with high build quality, but my main issue is i hate there OS's so well never gonna use an apple product :D

Trackpad gestures

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

they look nice?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

HERE

IT downgrades both of them. Because both of them are equally as bad.

#linuxmasterrace

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Im going to be playing devils advocate here (or just like, uncovering another side of the story)

You all probably know my views on Apple, how most of the hate they get is unjustified. 

So, if you have a reason to like apple (or if you just want to give props where its due), this is the thread for you (and the rhyme is for me)

they introduced a new type of ssd storage into phones

their screens are amazing

they can pack a hell of a lot of hardware in a tiny package (trash can design :P)

its not cheap. but damn its most of the time very well built and has great software responsivness between devices

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

the main reason i see to like apple, is they are one of the few companies that has an entire ecosystem, and has it 100% figured out.

and for the people that like the "entire ecosystem" concept, thats a VERY good point.

the main reason i see to like apple, is they are one of the few companies that has an entire ecosystem, and has it 100% figured out.

and for the people that like the "entire ecosystem" concept, thats a VERY good point.

^^ Pretty much. 

Cookie to everyone that moans about the forum, then participates in a thread that clearly doesn't apply to them; if you don't like Apple, don't post in a thread asking why people like Apple.

Likes: Standardized OS, everything works together, very pretty :3

Dislikes: restrictive OS, limited hardware upgrades

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015