John "TB" Bain says cancer is reappearing

Michael McAllister

So is he going to die?

He probably had a shitty diet and maybe some bad genetics

To get cancer that early it is overwhelmingly due to genetics. 

Even if someone had a bad diet, smoked or whatever it doesn't mean they deserve cancer or shouldn't have our support.

That really sucks I was really happy when he got better the last time around and now this :(

RTX2070OC 

To get cancer that early it is overwhelmingly due to genetics. 

Even if someone had a bad diet, smoked or whatever it doesn't mean they deserve cancer or shouldn't have our support.

Could be both too though

We don't know what his diet is like

Still, TotalBiscuit represents the PC community

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r

Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.

Very sad news.

Couldn't they try a liver transplant? I really hope he survives.

In my personal experience, the way it was explained to me at least, is that usually when something is inoperable, it's because operating on it would likely make it worse/spread faster or simply wouldn't improve chances and therefore is a health risk with no benefit. I really thought that was a myth, but I guess not entirely. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

If he is smart he would promote Folding@Home

it Would Take Years,F@H Can Find Cures,But Its Rare,Yes,Its Possible But It Might Not Be Fast Enough To Find A Cure

Oh no, I really taught he beat it and was in the clear.  :(

He is one of the best reviewers out there. Best of luck to him.

I hope TB will survive, my support all goes too him.

It's metastasized (not localized) liver cancer and probably in many other areas. He is, most likely, going to die.

Most likely, yes. I'm sure the next steps are going through PET CT's which will help determine other "hot spots" on his scans, if he hasn't gone through them already. Since they can't operate on his liver to remove the tumors he has a finite amount of time left. They will have to measure the tumors on his scans to determine their rate of growth and how aggressive the cancer is, that will give them a relatively good estimate on his survival. A lot also depends on his chemo and what is going to be used, how the cancer responds, etc. So many factors at this point in time. 

Cancer is hardest on the patient, but easier on the family as far as coping is concerned. The patient has to endure the chemo, the pain, nausea & vomiting, etc. The family has time to grieve and come to terms with their loved ones eventual passing. When the time comes most people will say at least the patient isn't suffering anymore. 

My condolences to him and his family. :(

I fucking hate cancer.

I really do. Everything about it. From the disease, the treatments, the 'charities' and scams that BS everyone into thinking they're funding research.....

There is just so much about it that just pisses me off.

*sigh*

I know how he feels. My sister was recently diagnosed with Leukemia... It's just not right.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Ya know, even though my earlier post in this thread was a bit optimistic, I think I need to face reality here.

He's very likely going to die this decade. It's spread into his blood and is possibly going to affect other parts of him, slowly breaking him down until he dies. Cancer fucking kills everyone good in this world, it's not right or fair.

He won't go down without a fight, I can say that much. But it's inoperable and there's no real way of fighting it and delaying the inevitable aside from chemo, the effects of which are mixed because it can't tell the difference between you and cancer. Hopefully he lives long enough to leave a major impact on the gaming industry, especially when it comes to consumer advocacy and PC gaming, but he's basically doomed at this point.

Ya know, even though my earlier post in this thread was a bit optimistic, I think I need to face reality here.

He's very likely going to die this decade. It's spread into his blood and is possibly going to affect other parts of him, slowly breaking him down until he dies. Cancer fucking kills everyone good in this world, it's not right or fair.

He won't go down without a fight, I can say that much. But it's inoperable and there's no real way of fighting it and delaying the inevitable aside from chemo, the effects of which are mixed because it can't tell the difference between you and cancer. Hopefully he lives long enough to leave a major impact on the gaming industry, especially when it comes to consumer advocacy and PC gaming, but he's basically doomed at this point.

What a depressing post. I hope its not reality

I honestly don't know what to say.

This is just tremendously sad news... Whatever happens TB, here's hoping for the best.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

What a depressing post. I hope its not reality

Unfortunately, based on what I've seen from medical experts, it's reality. Of course, I hope he will make it to the 2020's and all, but the outlook, at least right now, is pretty grim.

Apparently, performing proton therapy on inoperable liver metastes is a thing now and it's a very promising approach to treating it, but most hospitals lack the proper equipment to perform the therapy. I'm not aware of any hospitals that have the necessary equipment in North Carolina (mostly because I don't live there), but if anyone finds one... send it to John and Genna. Let them know there may be a way to fight fate. Don't care if they have to go out of state to get the treatment, it might just be worth the journey.

fuck :'(

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is just terrible for a guy who is such a strong willed person.

We all respect the work he has done, and can only hope that he keeps putting up the good fight :(

Looking for a job

Unfortunately, based on what I've seen from medical experts, it's reality. Of course, I hope he will make it to the 2020's and all, but the outlook, at least right now, is pretty grim.

Apparently, performing proton therapy on inoperable liver metastes is a thing now and it's a very promising approach to treating it, but most hospitals lack the proper equipment to perform the therapy. I'm not aware of any hospitals that have the necessary equipment in North Carolina (mostly because I don't live there), but if anyone finds one... send it to John and Genna. Let them know there may be a way to fight fate. Don't care if they have to go out of state to get the treatment, it might just be worth the journey.

Not sure where he lives, but this might be of some use to him if you know him:

http://www.mdanderson.org/newsroom/cancer-newsline/cancer-newsline-topics/2012/protontherapylivercancercnl.html

http://www.proton-therapy.org/liver_metastases.html

http://www.floridaproton.org/cancers-treated

Not sure of the intended completion date, but MD Anderson is building a center in Jacksonville, FL

Love you TB <3. Hopefully you pull through but it is not looking great. I know a couple of people who have/had cancer and it is shit. You have kept level head when talking about anything which is extremely uncommon in this day and age. My brother and I have admired you for years and we have both watched almost all of your videos and it would be so sad for you to go.

Please don't leave us with Jesse and Crendor. 

Please don't leave us with Jesse and Crendor. 

I know people give those guys shit, but the whole Co-Optional gang is great!  It's not uncommon for cancer patients to live well beyond what doctors predict; I wouldn't be surprised if John is one such person.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I really don't like TB. I have watched him for years and I feel he became arrogant beyond belief and I've stopped watching him altogether lately. But seeing this... Man, I'm speechless.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

If he does die, someone needs to take his place.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch