John "TB" Bain says cancer is reappearing

Michael McAllister

Very sad news.

Couldn't they try a liver transplant? I really hope he survives.

they wouldn't have said "inoperable" if they could I'm afraid

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This is what makes me Fold, actually.

Desktop:聽

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x聽 | Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4聽| Motherboard: Gigabyte聽B550 Aorus Pro AC | RAM:聽2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz | GPU: Asus聽GTX 1070 ROG Strix聽|聽PSU:聽ADATA Core Reactor 850W |聽Case:聽be quiet! Pure Base 500DX |聽HDD:聽Samsung HD502HJ 500GB聽|聽SSD:聽XPG M2 SX8200 Pro 512GB |聽SSD 2: Crucial MX500 500GB |聽Microphone:聽Blue Snowball iCE |聽Headphones:聽Corsair HS70 Wireless |聽Soundcard:聽Maya U5 5.1 |聽Speakers: Genius SP-HF1800A |聽Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10

Secondary Desktop:

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @stock聽| Cooler:聽Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard:聽Asus Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi AC)聽| RAM:聽2x8GB 1600MHz DDR3聽| GPU: Asus聽GTX 1070 ROG Strix聽|聽PSU:聽OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W |聽Case: SilentiumPC Aquaris X70W聽|聽HDD:聽Samsung HD502HJ 500GB聽|聽SSD :聽Corsair Force LS 240GB

ASUS ZenBook Pro聽UX550VD:

CPU:聽i5-7300HQ |聽RAM:聽8GB聽DDR4, 2400MHz |聽GPU: GTX 1050聽+ Intel HD Graphics 630 |聽Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD聽

It's metastasized (not localized) liver cancer and probably in many other areas. He is, most likely, going to die.

Yeah this is the case sadly.

The cancer can travel anywhere.

The prognostic is really bleak , the only question is how long is he gonna survive before he dies .

As others have said, unfortunately, the cancer cells live other places than the kidney. A transplant would be no use. Even if a transplant was done, it is possible that the body would not accept the kidney providing an even higher chance of fatality.聽

I think we can only hope and pray for the best for him. For anyone, with cancer or a life-threatening disease, we should hope for the best for them. It is very unfortunate that these diseases infect and take people's lives. It would be great if a cure could be made, but that just doesn't seem like the case yet.

Now if only I jinxed it and a cure arrived tomorrow.

:(

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So is he going to die?

He probably had a shitty diet and maybe some bad genetics

Cancer can happen to anyone mate, you are right that diet and genetics play a part in that. Nobody knows if he will die, i hope he doesn't. At this point though it really doesn't look good.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W聽| Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

I don't know what to say... We all know he is more than the average youtuber or whatever... I really don't want the first funeral twitch stream being of him... We need you TB.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Honestly, I'm not too sure if F@H will help enough to save him. However, it would be good for down the road.

Exactly, if he really cared, he would promote it to his huge fanbase in order to get all the gamers to fold.

Exactly, if he really cared, he would promote it to his huge fanbase in order to get all the gamers to fold.

You're overestimating f@h. Even if another million or two people did it it wouldn't fix the problem over night or in a year.

If it did it would have already been done.

Nvm... He is impossible.

After receiving such news, I think he has some more important things on his mind atm. That doesn't mean he doesn't care. Not at all.

The ability to google properly is a skill of聽its own.聽

I wonder what the life expectancy is for stubborn bastages like John?!
Maybe we'll get to experience 'stoned TB' over the coming years, can only imagine how long and complex his 'I will now talk about X for 125 minutes' :D

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM:聽24GB DDR3 1600聽SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB &聽1 x 500GB聽PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the聽scewy聽specs (especially PSU)

Moved to General Discussion. This isn't really Tech News.

That's terrible. I hope that somehow he makes it out of this.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" -聽Edward I. Koch

You're overestimating f@h. Even if another million or two people did it it wouldn't fix the problem over night or in a year.

If it did it would have already been done.

Did I ever say it would fix the problem? I said it would help finding a cure, that's essentially the job of F@H.

And how do you know if another million people would do it it wouldn't fix the problem? Not within a year of course, that's way too short, but say within 5 years? He has the power to make people know, and those people will tell their friends and family to start folding.

Eventually, TotalBiscuit is going to die from cancer, unfortunately. Do you actually the gaming community won't be in mourning, for a bit? I think that if he told people to fold for HIM, for cancer, he would help F@H get more folders and eventually perhaps find a cure. Not in the near future of course, but one day.

You're underestimating F@H, by a lot. Do you not know that they have published hundreds of papers, including on cancer? Just take a look.

Obviously, I see that you don't even fold so why would you care or even know. That's why I want Totalbiscuit to tell people to fold. He's going to get gamers (let's not forget the physical ressources we have) to fold for cancer, huntingdon's, parkinson's and alzheimer's disease.

https://folding.stanford.edu/home/papers/

As a former folder, I think the world isn't as close as it should be to find a cure because of people like you.

Keep it civil people. Cut out the insulting now.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Shitty news for him and his family.

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽

I have no words, this is awful :(

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC)聽CPU:-聽i5 4690k 3.5GHZ .MOTHERBOARD:-聽MSI G45 Z97 Gaming .CPU Cooler:-聽H100i聽.GPU:-聽ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI .RAM:-聽16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB .CASE:-聽Corsair 750D Obsidian Series .PSU:-聽EVGA SuperNova 850W聽Gold .FANS:-聽x3 Corsair AF120聽RED聽LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:-聽Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD聽Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:-聽Logitech G19. |聽GAMEPAD:-聽Logitech G13. |聽HEADPHONES:-聽Logitech G35. |聽MOUSE:-聽CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. |聽JOYSTICK:-聽Saitek ST200. |聽RACING WHEEL:-聽Logitech Driving Force GT. |聽OTHER:-聽TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

Cut. It. Out.

I've lost a couple people I knew to cancer(almost a third recently), cancer is a bitch. Nobody deserves to die from it, and it just sucks regardless. I wish the best for TB and everybody else fighting, stay strong everyone.

Fuck cancer. 聽Even if TB does completely destroy the average life expectancy of metastasized liver cancer, his life is still going to be short, and that life will be spent battling a cancer that may never go away with conventional medicine. 聽He can't get a transplant because the cancer has penetrated the bloodstream so any liver he does get is going to have the same issue, so all he can do is slow down the cancer from impeding liver function, but theres also the risk that the cancer moves on from the liver, then he's really fucked.

I can't imagine what he and his family are going through right now, just 1 day ago TB, his fans, and his doctors were all confident he had beaten off cancer, only to be shattered by one CT test. 聽

Genna was too late, TB already got cancer from reddit.

AD2000x Review聽聽Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650,聽Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh