John "TB" Bain says cancer is reappearing

Michael McAllister

Damn this is a sad. He is such an amazing person and his support of the gaming community has been valuable. I really hope he manages to survive this a lot longer then those 2-3 years.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Well shit that's just.....damn...

One of the rare times i agree with you wholeheartedly :( Sadly...

I didnt think this would affect me in such a way. its almost as if someone in my family was to bring those news... I really do hope they find a way to if nothing else, improve his quality of life over the next few years. And i hope he now chooses to do what he loves the most in the remaining time. If that is continuing what he is doing, and fighting against any sort of censorship of VG, i will be very happy, and if he chooses he wants to prioritise his life differently, i will completly understand that. Fuck. Cancer.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

No....no, not him too. Alright, fine, that's enough. With my chemistry degree, I am going to devote every bit of my energy and brain power to fighting cancer. I've seen too much death, so much suffering caused by this disease. Loved ones, people I care about, lives that should not be lost, torn prematurely from the fabric of reality, never to be seen again by those who care most. Thunderf00t's father, one of my dad's closest friends, and perhaps soon TotalBiscuit are but a few who suffer at the hands of this atrocity. But its effects are far more encompassing than just the victims. Families or even whole communities are wrenched by the loss of a loved one; I have seen the tears of those who struggle to comprehend living without them. If I can do one thing with my short existence, I will do my utmost to reduce this undue suffering at the hands of cancer.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Don't give up hope, people. People diagnosed with terminal liver cancer and get told they have x amount of time to live often live well beyond that time. Still, though. Fuck cancer.

This brings tears to my eyes. I've followed TB for 2 years now and it's so saddening to hear such news.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I'm heartbroken to hear this, I really hope that they can think of something to deal with it, like others have said hopefully a liver transplant would work, but then again, if the cancer started somewhere else then it stands to reason that the replacement liver would suffer the same fate so I don't know if they would give the go ahead for a transplant. :(

As sad as I am though, my thoughts and sympathy are with his family, they are the ones suffering the most.

I really hope he pulls through, I really really do.

And like others have said. Fuck Cancer.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

TB'll fight it. He needs to beat it again. :(

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

That sucks. I love his videos because he covers graphical settings and performance in-depth. His wtf videos are incredibly useful. I also love his port reports.

Sad news. He doesn't sound cynical about the cancer, though. Looking forward to many more years of videos.

Some are born, some die, life goes on, dont let death affect you, its something everyone should accept not cry about, its unavoidable.

I'm so saddened to hear this.

But I'm sure it's nothing compared to what he and his family are going through fight now.

Hoping for the best.

Any chance of a heartfelt blessing to him and his family from everyone here on Fridays WAN show please @LinusTech

This is truly devastating news, the guys a legend whose done so much for the PC community and gaming in the whole.

So very sad :(

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Cancer sucks, the only thing we can do is find a way to destroy every single type of Cancer there is, and with it being a genetic thing, Cancer will get all of us or we will die before Cancer has a chance to get to us.

I hope he can fight it and stay with us for a long time.

Some are born, some die, life goes on, dont let death affect you, its something everyone should accept not cry about, its unavoidable.

While I'm quite cold when it comes to things like death most of the time and I would agree with you, you just can't say that, if TB dies soon we will lose something big that is part of the gaming community.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Goddamnit cancer, stop trying to take one of the best youtubers in the world out of action!

Seriously cancer, fuck you.

why does cancer seem to have a bias for good people

If I had to guess, I would say that it's because evil people have the cure, and don't let it out because they don't want the world to be a better place.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

He's pretty young.  While death is something we all go through, a bit of empathy is in order here...

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I don't believe this. I really hope he gets through it.  

Any chance of a heartfelt blessing to him and his family from everyone here on Fridays WAN show please @LinusTech

Seconded.

Need to send our collective best wishes as the LTT community.

A lot of us started following him and got hooked via Linus since he was on the WAN show a few years ago.

Very sad news.

Couldn't they try a liver transplant? I really hope he survives.

Sadly from what i know the cancer can just spread to another place even if he gets a liver transplant.

It started in his colon and now its in his blood and can spread anywhere.

There is no cure :( This god damn sucks .

I think his family had a history of cancer thats why he got it so young . Its really uncommon for a non smoker to get cancer of this type at such an early age.

Most people that have it are much older , which means he will survive for much longer than the statistics tell.

Very sad news.

Couldn't they try a liver transplant? I really hope he survives.

It's metastasized (not localized) liver cancer and probably in many other areas. He is, most likely, going to die.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Well this sucks. Maybe he could enable comments in youtube again. Get some good thoughts and all. I don't know even what to say.

7950x3d | Corsair H170i Elite LCD XT | ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz | ASUS GeForce RTX 4090 ROG Strix O24G | Samsung 990 PRO 2TB  | Corsair AX1500i | Corsair 7000D Airflow | Simucube 2 Pro + Sparco P310 + Sparco R345 + SMC SMV1 + Ascher Racing F64 V2 | Fanatec CSS V 1.5 | HE Ultimate+ | HE Sim Handbrake | Sim-Lab P1 | DSD Race King II | Valve Index