Razer Blackwidow Tournament Chroma is it worth it?

Justhavocman

I really love TKL keyboards and i can't seem to find an RGB board in Europe. Is the tournament edition chroma worth it? Does it use the razer green switches as well?

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

I have the Razet Black widow Chroma its a realy nice keyboard But its not quiet 

Tag me if you need me :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop:                                       Laptop:        
CPU - i7-4790k                            CPU: I7 7700HQ
GPU - Inno3D 1080TI                  GPU: 1060
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI          Memory: 16 GB
Memory - 32 GB DDR3                Storage: 1256GB
Storage - 11 TB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: ONEPLUS 6 128GB

I really love TKL keyboards and i can't seem to find an RGB board in Europe. Is the tournament edition chroma worth it? Does it use the razer green switches as well?

Get a CoolerMaster TKL Keyboard, even they're better than Razer in terms of quality.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

The razer chroma tournament edition uses green switches. I like mine, I had to send it out a month ago to replace the shift key that broke. Software is stable enough, not that feature packed though. It's a great product

The stealth is the quiet one

in terms of looks, they are  amazing. in terms of quality...not so much.

i suggest you look for a (secondhand?) corsair K65 RGB. the quality in that board is outstanding!

Get a CoolerMaster TKL Keyboard, even they're better than Razer in terms of quality.

I am using a rapid-i right now , but i wanted to go clicky oh and RGB .

in terms of looks, they are  amazing. in terms of quality...not so much.

i suggest you look for a (secondhand?) corsair K65 RGB. the quality in that board is outstanding!

It goes for 170€ , the chroma i mean , finding a k65 RGB is really tricky in Europe , they are as rare as a ducky .

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

It goes for 170€ , the chroma i mean , finding a k65 RGB is really tricky in Europe , they are as rare as a ducky .

Yeah i'm from europe too. I do own a k65 tough, but not the RGB one.

Yeah i'm from europe too. I do own a k65 tough, but not the RGB one.

So i' guess that's a no ? :P

I Own Razer gear, personal experience with them is I hate the god awful company they are. If you start out with only Razer, younthink they are great until you go over to other companies. Save yourself the trouble and keep looking. Razer uses cheap chineese parts and switches and.. Honestly do not waste your time. I will say it again, I have a 2014 Blackwidow right kn my desk along with a Naga Hex and used to own Kraken Pros. "Pros"

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I Own Razer gear, personal experience with them is I hate the god awful company they are. If you start out with only Razer, younthink they are great until you go over to other companies. Save yourself the trouble and keep looking. Razer uses cheap chineese parts and switches and.. Honestly do not waste your time. I will say it again, I have a 2014 Blackwidow right kn my desk along with a Naga Hex and used to own Kraken Pros. "Pros"

Guess it's back to the drawing board then. Gotta get a k65RGB then!

I have the Tournament Edition Chroma and I've had it for about 3 months now, it's a great keyboard even with the Razer green switches.  They really don't feel much different than Cherry MX Blues.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

I have the Tournament Edition Chroma and I've had it for about 3 months now, it's a great keyboard even with the Razer green switches.  They really don't feel much different than Cherry MX Blues.

Odd, to me cherryMx blues are a bit quieter and feel just as bad as CherryMX REDS. I need slme CherryMX Greens lol

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Odd, to me cherryMx blues are a bit quieter and feel just as bad as CherryMX REDS. I need slme CherryMX Greens lol

You sir must have a heavy hand !