Chinese Jailbreak Team "Pangu" releases iOS 9 jailbreak

bcredeur97

Lots of concern was brought up in the jailbreak community about iOS 9 when it was released about how it is "rootless" and supposedly jailbreaking would be nearly impossible. Some may have even switched to android over this (I almost did myself)

Well fortunately it is possible, and Pangu has cracked it with a bit of help and released their own tool. As a bonus, they even turned down the $1,000,000 bounty for a iOS 9 jailbreak in order to have this be public.

Their servers are under heavy load right now, so this page might load slowly. But here is their site: http://en.pangu.io/

I was so happy when I rolled out of bed and saw their tweet this morning, thought I would share it here! Can't wait to have the most powerful phone you can currently buy at my full disposal with root user access and rootless disabled.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

BOUT DAMN TIME.

I'm still on iOS 8.1 xD Not sure if I should update yet as most tweaks won't support it yet.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just jailbroke my 6S :)

Took about 10 minutes or so. Interesting process, they must have used some crazy exploits this time around. Can't wait to read about them!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

This jailbreak would not have qualified for the 1 million bounty. The bounty had a lot of requirements attached. For example in order to get the bounty the exploit would need to be browser based, untethered, it had to be silent, not require any user interaction and it had to be reliable. So it would have to be like the old JailBreakMe website, which is very unlikely to happen again.

Now waiting for MyWi to update to iOS 9 :D. Thank you jailbreak lords for jailbreaking iOS 9.

EDIT: ... it's Windows only... which I have a Windows computer... but that means I have to install iTunes on Windows... which we all know how crappy that is.

Thanks so much. I've been waiting for this.

ty OP <333

Does it work for 9.0.1 or just 9.0 atm

9, 9.0.1 and 9.0.2

Yes. I really wanna jailbreak my iPod touch but I still have it under warranty.

I'm pretty sure a factory reset deletes any trace of a device being jail broken.

Installing right now. Quick heads up, you need to trust the computer and have iTunes installed (for drivers)

I saw their tweet last night right before going to bed. I don't understand why they didn't wait for 9.1 (unless it already patched the exploits they used in beta 3 or 4) when 9.1 is due to be released really soon (we're on beta 5 right now and it's looking ready).

It's crazy how fast they do it these days and how everyone says it's not possible and someone comes out and does it. I'm all for people being able to do this but I wonder if Apple will ever be able to prevent this from happening...

It's crazy how fast they do it these days and how everyone says it's not possible and someone comes out and does it. I'm all for people being able to do this but I wonder if Apple will ever be able to prevent this from happening...

The nsa won't let them because then iPhones will be too secure.

there will eventually always be a jailbreak as long as their is a community around it. I remember with iOS 7 or 8, it took almost half a year after release for someone to release their jailbreak tool. 

I saw their tweet last night right before going to bed. I don't understand why they didn't wait for 9.1 (unless it already patched the exploits they used in beta 3 or 4) when 9.1 is due to be released really soon (we're on beta 5 right now and it's looking ready).

9.1 patches a few things, but I have heard they are easy to work around. It is basically too late for apple to patch it (9.1 is due in a week)  so pangu will likely just make a few modifications and add support for it :D

If I had to guess though, 9.1.1 will break it. 

Spoiler