AMD updates Catalyst drivers to 15.10 beta

Mr_Troll

If you like to stay on the cutting edge of driver releases, consider downloading the latest 15.10 beta drivers from AMD, as they add a number of stability fixes and get the AMD GPUs of the world ready for a few upcoming game releases. While these early release drivers aren’t necessarily recommended for everyone – as there may be issues that have yet to be ironed out – if you would rather take progress over confirmed compatibility, then this could be right up your street.

As with all recent driver releases, this on is compatible with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 (both 32 and 64 bit versions of each). It makes some significant changes to the way DirectX 12 works in Ashes of the Singularity, improving quality and performance for the game when it is released on the 22nd October. That’s a good thing too, as that title uses a lot of DX12’s features, allowing for smooth rendering of units regardless of how zoomed in or out you are. AMD does acknowledge in the driver notes though that some people using 300 series GPUs may still run into stability issues in the game, leading to crashes and driver stoppages.

ashessingularity.jpg

However some bugs have been cleaned up in this release. Star Wars: Battlefront can now run at high-performance settings when running on mobile devices with switchable graphics and the Unreal Engine 4 DirectX benchmark should no longer crash. Driver installations also no longer halt for seemingly no reason and there are now no playback issues with Cyberlink’s PowerDVD when using a 3D display and an HDMI cable.

There are still some problems, with Elite:Dangerous still having performance issues in SuperCruise mode, and a black screen can sometimes be encountered when booting on Windows 10 systems. AMD continues to work on these problems and it may be that by the time this driver comes out of beta, they’re been fixed up.

Source: http://www.kitguru.net/channel/jon-martindale/amd-updates-catalyst-drivers-to-15-10-beta/

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

More tweaks for DX12 performance even though there are no games out yet...

Not complaining. But just curious when does the first DX12 game come out? Now that Ark DX12 got retracted.. Anything this year?

Not complaining. But just curious when does the first DX12 game come out? Now that Ark DX12 got retracted.. Anything this year?

Maybe JC3. And also probably FF15 since SE said they wanted to do something JC3 tech. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Well the OP in this thread says Ashes of the Singularity is out 22nd of October, so that's a thing.

If AMD improved quality and performance on Ashes in DX12, I wonder how far NVidia has come in their drivers. Could be a blood bath.

I gotta hand it to AMD, they make a lot of bug fixing in their drivers.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I consider myself an Nvidia fan but one who doesn't begrudge anybody who chooses to use AMD if they want.

Being a close observer of this stuff even I have to admit that AMDs 300 series combined with better drivers (omega fixed a lot of stuff) and DX12 has given team red a huge boost in the gpu war.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Maybe JC3. And also probably FF15 since SE said they wanted to do something JC3 tech. 

FFXV on pc? how ,why , when 

please link source

Nice update for Ashes of Singularity though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

In Ark's latest patch notes there is some serious progress being made towards DX12.

"A Little Further Out:

- Apex-Kill Trophy Wall-Mounts, Artifact Pedestals

- Mountable War Drums (the first instrument!)

- Custom RP-oriented Recipe/Cooking System (including Skill-Based results)

- Sword & Shield

- ARK: Fear Evolved (event)

- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf 

- Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items

- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky

[MORE NOTES TO COME]"

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

Have they fixed older laptop compatibility yet?  For the longest time I thought my old 6770m just hated windows 10, but recent endeavors have led me to discover it is entirely AMD's fault, since Windows 7 actually has the same issue with recent drivers.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Have they fixed older laptop compatibility yet?  For the longest time I thought my old 6770m just hated windows 10, but recent endeavors have led me to discover it is entirely AMD's fault, since Windows 7 actually has the same issue with recent drivers.

older GPUs like yours need to use only the laptop's default drivers

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

older GPUs like yours need to use only the laptop's default drivers

Unfortunately I think you're right.  That still pins me to Windows 7 though since 10 constantly insists it's found better drivers on windows update, and then installs them, killing itself.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

As a fine warning to anyone who are gonna use the Beta driver

the driver is Beta!!!

and before you download it

please for goodness sake remove your older drivers using Display Driver uninstall from Guru3D

then install the driver from scratch

DO NOT JUST UPDATE your existing drivers!!!

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Unfortunately I think you're right.  That still pins me to Windows 7 though since 10 constantly insists it's found better drivers on windows update, and then installs them, killing itself.

you will need to disable the auto update of drivers

you will need to disable the auto update of drivers

In Windows 7 it was easy.  I can just pick which updates I want off the list and not install the driver it finds, but now with 10 that's gone, so what I have to just disable finding drivers from windows update in general?  I don't want to - overall, it's a great option that I would like to use... just not for my gpu

In Windows 7 it was easy.  I can just pick which updates I want off the list and not install the driver it finds, but now with 10 that's gone, so what I have to just disable finding drivers from windows update in general?  I don't want to - overall, it's a great option that I would like to use... just not for my gpu

see if this helps

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

I just don't want to deal with it anymore.  I've sunk way too much time and effort into this already and I'm just going to stick with old drivers and windows 7 on that machine.  It's not my main machine and it probably only has a few years left in it anyway so yeah.  Thanks anyways!

In Ark's latest patch notes there is some serious progress being made towards DX12.

"A Little Further Out:

- Apex-Kill Trophy Wall-Mounts, Artifact Pedestals

- Mountable War Drums (the first instrument!)

- Custom RP-oriented Recipe/Cooking System (including Skill-Based results)

- Sword & Shield

- ARK: Fear Evolved (event)

- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf 

- Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items

- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky

[MORE NOTES TO COME]"

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

Don't count on it. "A little further out" has been postponed quote a bit, since the dev claims DX12 gives a very small performance gain. Remember that it's an NVidia sponsored game, and NVidia cards don't seem to benefit that much from DX12. An NVidia sponsored dev will not implement performance increases that primarily benefits AMD, to the point, where NVidia cards gets rekt. For DX12 games, look elsewhere.

As a fine warning to anyone who are gonna use the Beta driver

the driver is Beta!!!

and before you download it

please for goodness sake remove your older drivers using Display Driver uninstall from Guru3D

then install the driver from scratch

DO NOT JUST UPDATE your existing drivers!!!

AMD's drivers are mostly BETA, because they cannot be bothered with WHQL (probably due to time and money for WHQL certification). No need to uninstall previous drivers with special software. Just upgrade. I've never had a problem doing it that way.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

FFXV on pc? how ,why , when 

please link source

FF15 on PC? I don't think I've mentioned anything about FF15 on PC. Though there were some serious talks about it being on the PC platform. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Don't count on it. "A little further out" has been postponed quote a bit, since the dev claims DX12 gives a very small performance gain. Remember that it's an NVidia sponsored game, and NVidia cards don't seem to benefit that much from DX12. An NVidia sponsored dev will not implement performance increases that primarily benefits AMD, to the point, where NVidia cards gets rekt. For DX12 games, look elsewhere.

AMD's drivers are mostly BETA, because they cannot be bothered with WHQL (probably due to time and money for WHQL certification). No need to uninstall previous drivers with special software. Just upgrade. I've never had a problem doing it that way.

yea but when i hear ppl complaining about AMD drivers suck etc

I will first point to the user

because i can assure you the user will somehow mess up the driver update and cause their own system crashing

because i can assure you the user will somehow mess up the driver update and cause their own system crashing

Have to point out though that in this day and age, there is no excuse for it to even be possible to mess things up just doing a simple driver update. Swapping cards, or changing companies, or rolling back or god knows what else? Yes. But an update? Really? No.

Yeah, most issues are caused by layer 8 problems :/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I hate you for giving me false hope.