gsync or 1440p?

TriggerFinger

get the Asus pg279q if there´s realy no chance to get the Acer.

PG278q costs here about 1004$..

Also how much is the PG279Q expected to cost?

Maybe if PG279q is released, ASUS may shed some dollars from its PG278Q monitor??

Maybe then I will be able to buy PG278Q..

PG278q costs here about 1004$..

Also how much is the PG279Q expected to cost?

Maybe if PG279q is released, ASUS may shed some dollars from its PG278Q monitor??

Maybe then I will be able to buy PG278Q..

Well the pg278q is no IPS, but the best TN Panel out there. It would be a huge Upgrade, thats for sure.

The pg279q will cost ~200$ more i quess.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Well the pg278q is no IPS, but the best TN Panel out there. It would be a huge Upgrade, thats for sure.

The pg279q will cost ~200$ more i quess.

Only the horizontal and vertical colour shifting is the only bsic difference bt an IPS and an TN display I guess.

Ain't it?

Only the horizontal and vertical colour shifting is the only bsic difference bt an IPS and an TN display I guess.

Ain't it?

Colours on IPS looks way better. Its more natural, sharper..hard to explain. But dont think too much about it, if you upgrade to a pg278q you will be very satisfied.

But i would not buy below that. You need a very good Display with that Card.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

ASUS MX27AQ??

How does this sound?

You should buy a Monitor with Gsync.

Colours on IPS looks way better. Its more natural, sharper..hard to explain. But dont think too much about it, if you upgrade to a pg278q you will be very satisfied.

But i would not buy below that. You need a very good Display with that Card.

Can 980 Ti stand 4k?

avg 60 fps?

COD Battlefield 4 etc etc??

Can 980 Ti stand 4k?

avg 60 fps?

COD Battlefield 4 etc etc??

Not a Chance. Forget 4k.

ASUS MX27AQ is a 60 HZ or 120 HZ monitor??

75HZ. Would be a big Upgrade too, no doubt.

75HZ. Would be a big Upgrade too, no doubt.

But compared to 120Hz,seems kinda minuscule 

But compared to 120Hz,seems kinda minuscule 

Games like GTA5 or Witcher 3 will never get 144 FPS with a 980Ti on max settings. And max Settings is the Reason for a Card like that right?

IPS 1440p and more than 60 Hz. That should be your first goal, if you are a "normal" Gamer

144Hz Gsync your second.

If you want the ultimate in your Face experience, you need a Display that combines all that. 21:9 with this specs would be a Gamers Dream, but dont exist atm.

1440p Gsync

Asus just announced their PG279Q which is a 165Hz 1440p IPS with Gsync monitor -- expect a premium price.

Right after I buy the ROG Swift :/ Well I found one on a website said they were selling that for 750 pound, which according to google conversion is about $1200 which is VERY pricy. I would just go with the current ROG Swift, 144hz 1440p and GSYNC! 3 for 3. Price is still up there. I paid $800 flat for mine, then again I got the 2 year warranty since the reviews on it lasting aren't the best and shit tends to hit the fan when I buy stuff. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

The Gsync Module is in the Monitor. It synchronize the Hz of the Display with the FPS from the Graphicscard in real time. Its absolutly tearing and lagfree, not matter what Games you play.

Im back home now

but

there is input lag with G-sync, although not as much as with V-sync, but, its still there

proof

lag-csgo.png

explenation

https://youtu.be/hjWSRTYV8e0?t=2m44s

this only matters in FPS games, where every frame counts, as i said before. so while G-sync is nice in some games, some FPS players might want to disable it due to input lag

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Im back home now

but

there is imput lag with G-sync, although not as much as with V-sync, its still there

proof

lag-csgo.png

explenation

https://youtu.be/hjWSRTYV8e0?t=2m44s

this only matters in FPS games, where every frame counts, as i said before, so G-Sync is really good in RTS games, etc, although in some FPS games, you might want to disable it

Not noticable. I have 100fps in 1440p in BF4 and there is no issue with input lag at all. 

Not noticable. I have 100fps in 1440p in BF4 and there is no issue with input lag at all. 

Its not an issue, but for people like me who play cs with 120 - 200 fps on a 60 FPS monitor its important to keep your FPS above 120.

Although im not saying that i cant play any game if its 60 FPS, im just saying, like 3kliksphilip said, "it feels nicer, and more responsive at higher frame rates"

Its more of a curse than anything, because when i play games like warband i want 100 FPS + in order for it to feel responsive, so when i play battles with 200 people in it, and the game sinks to 60 FPS, it feels unresponsive and bad.

The easiest way to feel this, would be to start terraria on a 60 FPS monitor, and turn on V sync, then you will feel that the cursor feels kind of unresponsive and sluggish, then disable V-sync and you will feel that the cursor feel like the one on the desktop.

The same thing is true with 144 HZ monitors according to 3kliksphillip, although ive never owned one

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

In my experiience it is best to get some hard data before checking forums when it comes to monitors as opinions can differ widely.  Nothing wrong with this as people have had different experiences and some hard core gamers can see thiings others cannot.   I just purchased a 1440p, 144hz G-Sync monitor but am not going to give any advice as it would just be my subjective opinion.  I would suggest you take a look at an in depth study of the pros and cons of all aspects of monitors before making a decision.   I would suggest you start with the first web site listed below (it is a bit more technical in nature with a lot of test results) and then check out the second which does a good job of tying things up in a less complex way. By the way niether article//study recommends any particular monitor, instead they explain the differences and pros and cons of the various panels to help you choose what is best for you.  1)   https://pcmonitors.info/articles/factors-affecting-pc-monitor-responsiveness/, 2)    http://www.gnd-tech.com/content/975-The-Biggest-Myths-in-the-Video-Game-Industry/view/2.  Once again I am not saying any post here is wrong; different people want different things out of monitors and some can notice minute differences others can not.  Blind studies are very interesting as opinions are all over the place.  I hope the citations help you get a good understanding of what you want in a monitor.  Once you get a handle on what you are looking for these forums are great places to get advice on specific monitors that match your criteria.  In my case I based my decision on the information as well as personal preference based on experience.  My point is numbers do not always tell the whole story.   Worked for me,  Good Luck

In my experiience it is best to get some hard data before checking forums when it comes to monitors as opinions can differ widely.  Nothing wrong with this as people have had different experiences and some hard core gamers can see thiings others cannot.   I just purchased a 1440p, 144hz G-Sync monitor but am not going to give any advice as it would just be my subjective opinion.  I would suggest you take a look at an in depth study of the pros and cons of all aspects of monitors before making a decision.   I would suggest you start with the first web site listed below (it is a bit more technical in nature with a lot of test results) and then check out the second which does a good job of tying things up in a less complex way. By the way niether article//study recommends any particular monitor, instead they explain the differences and pros and cons of the various panels to help you choose what is best for you.  1)   https://pcmonitors.info/articles/factors-affecting-pc-monitor-responsiveness/, 2)    http://www.gnd-tech.com/content/975-The-Biggest-Myths-in-the-Video-Game-Industry/view/2.  Once again I am not saying any post here is wrong; different people want different things out of monitors and some can notice minute differences others can not.  Blind studies are very interesting as opinions are all over the place.  I hope the citations help you get a good understanding of what you want in a monitor.  Once you get a handle on what you are looking for these forums are great places to get advice on specific monitors that match your criteria.  In my case I based my decision on the information as well as personal preference based on experience.  My point is numbers do not always tell the whole story.   Worked for me,  Good Luck

Personally I admit I recommend overkill as I build a new rig every year or so as a hobby plus I am an early adopter, impulsive and immature at 55.  Current rig just built (I am going to leave out monitor) Antec Dark Fleet 85 Full Tower, Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S limited edition white motherboard, i7 4790k, H110i cooler, 2 EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW's SLI, 2 Samsung SSDs and two 2tb HDDs and a new Corsair AX1200i because they sell a white modular cable kit for it to match the motherboard. As for monitor I admit that while skeptical I did go for G-Sync.  However my monitor is not likely one that would be picked by a hard core gamer.

Gsync is awesome, once you played on a Gsync 144hz Display, you never want go back.

IPS 1440p 144hz Gsync. Thats what you want with a 980Ti.

Acer xb270hu is the only Monitor atm.

Asus pg279q will come later this Year.

A word or warning about the asus,

To my knolge gay community only works up to 144hz, however nvdia may change this, and if ur like me when I take v sync off and go over 144 it's that fast u can't see tearing

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

A word or warning about the asus,

To my knolge gay community only works up to 144hz, however nvdia may change this, and if ur like me when I take v sync off and go over 144 it's that fast u can't see tearing

Gay Community?

Gay Community? [emoji28]

g sync lol

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933