Upgrade Help! SLI and PCIe SSDs

Sup ya'll so I'm planning on upgrading sometime within the year and I wanna share my current setup:

Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 (hate this board crazy long splash and constantly having to rearrange USB plugins to get them all to work at the same time)

Processor: Intel i5 4670k

Mem: 8 GB of Ram

Graphics: x2 GTX 970 ASUS Strix

Monitors: ROG Swift 1440p Gsync

Some Cheap SSD for boot and some Western Blues for storage 

Audio: ODAC+O2 Amp with DT 990 Pros

Okay so here's what I want to do! I want to upgrade to the Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD. I want one crazy fast drive for all my games and programs and this is the one I've landed on. Problem is I cannot add it to my current setup as there is not room on the motherboard given I have an SLI setup with the 970s. So as far as I know I would have to get an eATX motherboard to make this work and so I thought I would upgrade the platform while I'm at it.

So first question: X99 or Skylake? Will the SSD be bottlenecked by the SLI setup if not on the X99s fat lanes?

Second Question: Do I have to have an eATX board or can two GTX 970s and the PCIe SSD fit on one board? I don't see how but if I'm wrong please tell me!

Third Question: Hey.  How are you?

Thanks for the help ya'll!

X99.

Just get X99.

Please.

Save yourself the trouble.

And while you're at it, get a single 980Ti for your two 970s.

DO IT.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

So first question: X99 or Skylake? Will the SSD be bottlenecked by the SLI setup if not on the X99s fat lanes?

Second Question: Do I have to have an eATX board or can two GTX 970s and the PCIe SSD fit on one board? I don't see how but if I'm wrong please tell me!

Third Question: Hey.  How are you?

1) X99 if you do anything productivity related. Skylake if all you do is game. No, same is true in reverse. If you get the 5820k 16+8 for the cards leaves you 4 dedicated CPU lanes for the 750 SSD. (Currently what I'm running in my rig -5960X is out of commission atm).

2) Depends on the board. I'm using the ASUS Hyperkit for the M.2 slot on my Sabertooth. My bottom 970 slams up against it, but they all fit. If you're trying to use the PCIe 750 (as opposed to the 2.5" drive) you'll need to break out the measuring tape and examine the board specs. The PCIe routing may also change depending on the configuration of equipment you have installed, always consult the manual (ie. when device A is plugged into slot X, slot Y is disabled).

3) greeeeeeeeat.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

If you sold your 970s and got a 980Ti instead you wouldn't need to change anything else to fit an Intel 750 SSD on the other x16 PCIe slot.

You will also lower your temps, noise, power draw etc and raise your single card performance (where SLI profiles aren't available or just cack).