Windows Event Logger: WHEA-Logger

Xploda

Hello everyone,

I just noticed that i get some new events in my windows event logger sometimes.

The same message is always returning:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Corrected Machine Check

Error Type: Internal parity error

I assume that this has to do with my overclocked CPU.

I'm running a 3570K at 4.4GHz (1.345V).

As far as i have tested it in Prime95, it is pretty much stable.

Should i up the voltage by another one or two steps or is this message unimportant?

This message DOES indicate an instability. I have had this as well and actually had to lower my voltage. You need to check some other settings - that is a lot of voltage for that clock. I use about 1.26V at 4.4.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

This message DOES indicate an instability. I have had this as well and actually had to lower my voltage. You need to check some other settings - that is a lot of voltage for that clock. I use about 1.26V at 4.4.
Thanks for your reply.

I think i just have a bad overclocker...

I ran it at 1.325 for a while but it would sometimes have a bluescreen.

As a result of the pretty high voltage i'm seeing high temps too, the hottest core gets about 79°C in Prime95 (Noctua NH-D14) although it averages around 75°C.

Which settings should i check?

At the moment i have all voltage settings on auto except the vcore.

Edit: the WHEA-logger messages mostly only occur when running a stress test.

Did you Set your LLC when Oc'ing, im guessing when you say you left everything in Auto you didnt, vdroop could be the cause of having to use high voltages to attain a stable overclock, so try and use a lower voltage with you LLC set at its highest.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

Did you Set your LLC when Oc'ing, im guessing when you say you left everything in Auto you didnt, vdroop could be the cause of having to use high voltages to attain a stable overclock, so try and use a lower voltage with you LLC set at its highest.
Thanks, i will try that later today

As BeyondNight says - set your VCore bit lower and LLC up - that helps with stability....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

As BeyondNight says - set your VCore bit lower and LLC up - that helps with stability....
Good to know :P I really hope it helps a lot in stability so that i might be able to clock it even a little higher.

I have another question you might know the answer to. I have enabled C1e in the bios. As far as i know, this should lower the clock of my CPU when it's doing nothing? It's never entering this state however, it's just running at the max clock all the time...

Enabling C6 causes a lot of instability so i had to disable that. Maybe this can be resolved with LLC too?