Will Noctua NH-D14 benefit from

Tequila628

Swapping the default fans to two Noctua NF-F12 PWMs?

And for better airflow put like Noctua NF-S12A PWM to the back side of the case?

Here is the pic of the rig:

http://i41.tinypic.com/6e29fa.jpg

The CPU is 3770k and I'm thinking to OC it to 5GHz for bf4.

Thanks in advance.

"Yeah, I actually can't underclock my 7-years-old GPU to be as slow as "next-gen consloeles"... #PCMasterRaceProblems" - Luke 

Do you have a magic CPU or something?

What kind of volts are you expecting to achieve 5GHz on?

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

It would help, but it wouldn't be dramatically better

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

5GHz on air is a bit drastic, I would aim for 4.2 or 4.5 maybe.

you will achieve better performance if your Nh-D14 wasn't clogged in dust.

#LESBOBRICKS

Swapping the default fans to two Noctua NF-F12 PWMs?

And for better airflow put like Noctua NF-S12A PWM to the back side of the case?

Here is the pic of the rig:

http://i41.tinypic.com/6e29fa.jpg

The CPU is 3770k and I'm thinking to OC it to 5GHz for bf4.

Thanks in advance.

I made 5GHz with my NH D14 with my 2500k. I wouldnt go for 5 on ivy bridge. they run a bit too hot. Also, I don't think swapping the fans will make a difference

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I made 5GHz with my NH D14 with my 2500k. I wouldnt go for 5 on ivy bridge. they run a bit too hot. Also, I don't think swapping the fans will make a difference

5GHz on air is a bit drastic, I would aim for 4.2 or 4.5 maybe.

4.5 it is.

you will achieve better performance if your Nh-D14 wasn't clogged in dust.

Dude!

Dust :/

Goddamn!

All the radiators, inside of PSU and CPU coolers are all cleaned with air dusters each 2 months with Twin Frozr IV taking care of videocard, it's just overall dust in my room I can't get rid off, my beddings, mattress collect all the dust in the world.

What about switching these 3 fans to Noctua ones for reduction in noise, is it worth it?

"Yeah, I actually can't underclock my 7-years-old GPU to be as slow as "next-gen consloeles"... #PCMasterRaceProblems" - Luke 

4.5 it is.

All the radiators, inside of PSU and CPU coolers are all cleaned with air dusters each 2 months with Twin Frozr IV taking care of videocard, it's just overall dust in my room I can't get rid off, my beddings, mattress collect all the dust in the world.

What about switching these 3 fans to Noctua ones for reduction in noise, is it worth it?

4.5 ghz is easy on the stock NH-D14 fans.

If the noise bothers you, sure.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4.5 it is.

The D14 will handle a 4.5Ghz OC easily! Are the stock fans really that loud?

I run a 3770K @ 4.5GHz and it's fine. Max temps vary from 60-69 celcius depending on the weather. That's running prime95 as well, which is pushing the CPU to an unrealistic level. 

As for 5.0GHz, that may get a little warm and I would not recommend it because it will shorten the life of the CPU due to the excessive voltage. My 3770K is probably capable of 5.0GHz, but it's not worth sacrificing the lifetime of your chip just for that. 

I don't think changing the fan configuration would make any difference. 

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

How can so much dust get into a case with that many filters?

Either you have negative air pressure or you removed those fiters. Moving your rig onto a table might help too.

I live in quite a dusty enviroment but I didn't have to clean my rig since I moved it into an R3 from Fractal.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

5GHZ on air definitely isn't going to happen with that rig.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

5GHZ on air definitely isn't going to happen with that rig.

Yeah 5GHZ is a beast custom loop

I am a happy wuffy

Yeah 5GHZ is a beast custom loop

For that cpu yeah but maybe with a different motherboard I could get 5GHz with H100i

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

4.5 ghz is easy on the stock NH-D14 fans.

If the noise bothers you, sure.

Yea, I'd like to make it quieter. The one at back side definitely needs work.

How can so much dust get into a case with that many filters?

Either you have negative air pressure or you removed those fiters. Moving your rig onto a table might help too.

I live in quite a dusty enviroment but I didn't have to clean my rig since I moved it into an R3 from Fractal.

There is no mesh filter on top 200mm fan and it blowing the air in. I think that's the reason for dust.

For that cpu yeah but maybe with a different motherboard I could get 5GHz with H100i

Something like Asus Maximus eXtreme Pro Gaming series?

What case ventilation should I make? Set on top fan to outtake and add some fans to side panel so it'd be front and side fans pushing air in with top and back fans pushing air out?

Bump.

What case ventilation should I make? Set on top fan to outtake and add some fans to side panel so it'd be front and side fans pushing air in with top and back fans pushing air out?

its what id do

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!