Scrapyard Wars Season 3 - With Scrappy Guest Austin Evans!

No, then it's not interesting. The "drama" is why i like this series, if everything worked like it should i could just watch normal pc builds.

It's just sad to see these "know-it-all" forum kiddies talking shit. Reading the comments on vessel is just painful.

They still have to find parts, having a new PSU just means no fire hazard

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

@LinusTech

This is truly just not entertaining to watch anymore. I love the series but the fact that the episodes are being spread out through a 6 week period is crazy. I truly doubt any of us would of minded 25-30 minute episodes. After episode three ot was like "Yay another scrapyard episode, time to wait another week" and now.... 6 weeks? Seriously.... It is hard and I already forgot what happened on the first 2-3 episodes.

What linus is going to say:

1. Editor has only been doing scrapyard wars this whole time.

2. A real Tv Series is the same like this.

etc

Most people are complaining about the length of this series and I agree, parts 1,2 and 3 could easily been have squeezed together.

On another note, I'm glad you are gonna make a seperate results/benchmarks video. The end of SW2 felt a little rushed.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Next time I hope they do like 4 ~30 minute episodes instead of like 7 ~15-17 minute videos. I love all the content but waiting almost 2 months for all of it to be released is pretty brutal.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

etc

Scrapyard wars has been done. I know it takes a long time to edit ect, though not a month and a half. Also, do,you truly believe anyone likes to wait for their new TV show?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Scrapyard wars has been done. I know it takes a long time to edit ect, though not a month and a half. Also, do,you truly believe anyone likes to wait for their new TV show?

no but keep this in mind

you pay for cable and have to wait a week per episode

scrapyard wars is free.

no but keep this in mind

you pay for cable and have to wait a week per episode

scrapyard wars is free.

1) If it was my choice I would have no cable.

2) We still pay for internet/phone bills :P Money is involved so how in everyway

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1) If it was my choice I would have no cable.

2) We still pay for internet/phone bills :P Money is involved so how in everyway

but you're not paying linus directly xD 

they all ran out of time and their system is barely ready with many BSOD issues or not POSTing

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Most people are complaining about the length of this series and I agree, parts 1,2 and 3 could easily been have squeezed together.

On another note, I'm glad you are gonna make a seperate results/benchmarks video. The end of SW2 felt a little rushed.

I agree. no need to stretch this into 5 different shows. guess they need the extra add revenue.

I think Luke will win again. he can't cut wood, he can'r plumb and he can't build a plastic computer bomb but he can build a computer.

Linus can build a computer but I get the impression he has too much on his mind. Go figure.

Austin, I saw him build a computer in one of his episodes on his channel, but I'm beginning to wonder who actually built it. Forgety his scrambled-brainlessness. The wiring job in the last episode totally convinced me.

Here's a wish that the next video is the last. They all should have been longer and agree that maybe the third one should have been the last one.

To all people complaining: YOU'RE GETTING THIS CONTENT FOR FREE. IT'S FREE ENTERTAINMENT. So stop bitching. Seriously, first world problems. I'm just happy to see how the series is playing out. Couldn't care less how many episodes or how long each one is. Pretty sure they've had a dedicated editor working on this series non-stop. It's A LOT of material to go through, much more than any regular video they produce. So you should all just calm down and be happy you're getting any of this content in the first place. 

Show a little respect and maybe try to be just a little grateful.  <_<

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

To all people complaining: YOU'RE GETTING THIS CONTENT FOR FREE. IT'S FREE ENTERTAINMENT. So stop bitching. Seriously, first world problems. I'm just happy to see how the series is playing out. Couldn't care less how many episodes or how long each one is. Pretty sure they've had a dedicated editor working on this series non-stop. It's A LOT of material to go through, much more than any regular video they produce. So you should all just calm down and be happy you're getting any of this content in the first place. 

I'm as excited for the next episode as the next person, so I understand the frustration of waiting. If the content isn't there, folks will definitely stop watching and LMG will see that from the results, and change as necessary. Until that time, it's just us complaining cause we're impatient :P

I'm really not sure who is gonna win now. Great job of keeping it suspenseful! I was sure austin was toast last week. Lack of knowledge/frazzled brain from pressure had him at a disadvantage -but now he has a great system - the most powerful I would argue. However, seeing how he's spent more, and purchased multiple NEW components... not sure if he's gonna win the overall competition with the Price:Performance. That, I feel, Could be either linus or luke, depending on who can OC their system and keep it stable... But maybe spending the extra $$$ is actually more worth it, if austin's performs well enough. 

We shall see. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

thanks for your input. we'll take it under advisement. We always welcome FREE ADVICE, FREE ENTERTAINMENT, FREEDOM OF SPEECH..................FREEDOM TO OPINE OR COMPLAIN IN ONES OWN MANNER. Free to wipe when the need arises unless it makes you feel better not to. free beer and nachos. free-dom maxipads.

etc

Actually, Linus has already said on the latest wan show that they would re-evaluate the release schedule next season because even Luke complained about how this season was dragging on and on. It's getting better though, the latest ep on Vessel is 19 minutes long so there's hope ;)

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

they all ran out of time and their system is barely ready with many BSOD issues or not POSTing

Actually, Linus had his build ready well ahead of time. What didn't boot was his troll PC - and that makes me kinda sad, since I wanted to see the team's reactions to that. ;)

I think you got the wrong outlook on things. People should not "stop bitching" just because the content is "free" (tell that to people who watch on Vessel). Giving feedback is very important in order for future episodes to improve. If people felt like the content was getting worse without telling them about it, the viewers would slowly leave and they would have no idea why. It is very important for creators to know what people like AND dislike.

I think it would be more disrespectful to just stop watching without telling them why.

I think you got the wrong outlook on things. People should not "stop bitching" just because the content is "free" (tell that to people who watch on Vessel). Giving feedback is very important in order for future episodes to improve. If people felt like the content was getting worse without telling them about it, the viewers would slowly leave and they would have no idea why. It is very important for creators to know what people like AND dislike.

I think it would be more disrespectful to just stop watching without telling them why.

Not disagreeing, but there's also a problem with that, as mentioned by Luke, again on the latest wan show. That is: they're trying to "figure out" what the "silent majority" wants versus what the "vocal minority" are saying. I believe it's a futile endeavor because that's an impossible task without the help of at least guidance from the minority and (sigh) youtube metrics.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

I'm enjoying this new 'season'. It's probably longer due to there being an extra person to film?

I would say 6 episodes including final/results is MORE than enough.

|CPU| i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz |Motherboard| Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO |RAM| Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz |GPU| EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

|HD| 256GB SSD 850 PRO |Sound| Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance |Case| NZXT Phantom 410 |OS| Windows 10 x64

I get what you're saying. I agree, feedback is a good thing, whether it be positive or negative. But there's a difference between feedback and somewhat excessive/entitled complaining, IMO. Perhaps my rant was a little over the top and perhaps I misjudged the tone of some of the complaints posted in this thread, and if I did, I take it back. However, I just get the sense from some of the replies, especially the ones with more harsh language and tones of anger, that they feel a sense of entitlement which is unwarranted, IMO. Again, maybe I misunderstood the intention, but it's just the "vibe" I got from reading them and it bothers me a little.

Would this series have been better with fewer, longer episodes? Probably. It's just not enough of an issue (to me) as long as we get to see what happens in the end. ;)       

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Normal productions have a producer to create the story, people to log shots and junk so that the producer can piece things together more quickly. We have Edzel who has to fix audio issues, work with no script or planning, go through hours of footage that might be junk or might not (I don't know until I go through it, fix/colour correct footage) because exposure's everywhere, sometimes phone cameras are used, then I have to figure out how to put things together while editing it (with all the audio and visual corrections done) for release within a week or two. 

Pacing has always been an issue and we were going to address that by having the episodes fully edited before release begins. Unfortunately, that was changed after filming, during editing. So, yeah. Pulling a Walking Dead with pacing. We all want to see what happened to Glenn.

Also, I think the stats may be conflicting with the 'vocal minority' again. Previously, people ask for longer episodes and stats show that attention dips. So, what do?

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

What graphics card does Luke have?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Please allow me to put my 2 cents here (haha, that wasn't a pun  :P )

IMO, the reason there have been quite a lot of criticisms about how the Scrapyard War (SYW) series has bee dragged out too much is because many feel their time spent watching ~15 mins each episode has not been worth it. 

Of course, it is FREE content at the end, but as LMG can get more money (presumably) when there are more views, perhaps we should viewers' time spent watching videos as some sort as currency as well (or something that has value) i.e instead of paying LMG directly with money, we "pay" them with our time watching their videos.

And to be honest, the last few episodes of SYW3 have been somewhat...well lackluster I guess, there haven't been much going on, 

If I have to use an outside example, I would say SWY3 is very similar to The Hobbit Trilogy - a lot of hype, lots of production value, watchable and not a complete disaster (IMO at least), but utterly drawn out with lots of unnecessary content and detail.

From what I have heard and read, I can understand that the workload and the sheer amount of footage are ENORMOUS, and making several parts is the only way to justify all the cost.

HOWEVER, isn't this the slippery slope that the gaming industry has been going down for a while? Many want to make the biggest AAA hits and they spend way to much money and resources on developing and marketing the games, but in the end they have to make all those DLC, Season Pass, preorder bonuses in order to compensate for the cost - mismanagement is the keyword here

I understand that it is impossible to produce high quality with interesting stuffs all the time (like when you guys were busy moving), but with a series like SYW, which I would consider to be shaping up to become a "flagship" series of Linus Tech Tips, there should be more thoughts put into planning. We all want to everyone be excited about the new SYW, you don't want anyone goes: "Nah, the new SYW is gonna be dragged on for months so I don't bother", right?

TL;DR, I hope that Linus and the group are aware that as LMG grows and become more prominent as a company (Linus said so himself), the production value and quality have to be kept up as well, both the content itself and the management => keep your viewers feel that their time have been worth it 

P.S:  my favorite things about Linus' videos are that they are concise, straightforward, entertaining but right to the point

P.S.2: of course, Linus (being a troll at heart haha) may just decide to turn Scrapyard War into a parody of its own (like Call of Duty) where everyone just comes by to guess how many parts there will be instead of discussing the content itself (the pc building, the component buying, the winner...etc..) LOL

My only issue is the delay between episodes, I want to be able to sit down an watch them all back to back (to back to back to back...) in one sitting. As a result, I haven't watched any of season 3 yet.

I'm fine with them being 10-20 minutes each (or longer), but a week between episodes is way to long for something that is going on this many episodes. Maybe releasing every other day or something would be better for overly long series.