Ubisoft Uses Missleading Advertising for Heros of Might & Magic 7 Collectors Edition

XTankSlayerX

Seems like Ubisoft is at it again, They're definitely trying to over take EA on the hate train. Which is fairly easy considering-*/-* EA's recent company changes make EA "For the player". 

Ubisoft this time has misleadingly advertised their Heros of Might and Magic 7 Collectors Edition, They've advertised it as a PC DVD ROM Game on their store page.

The game is listed as "PC" for the collectors Edition VS. "PC Download" for the standard edition.

When the box shipped, it came in loose packaging. The Lid was off and contents spilled out when it opened. 

BUUUUT. There's a big empty spot where, you guessed it! The DVD's are designed to fit.

Imgur user Melchior1090 posted this screenshot of a support ticket sent to Ubisoft and their response to their issue.

21895492260_163549e22d_b.jpg

Ubisoft have changed this issue on another page but it still shows the physical box for the game.

This only affects US residents, customers revived physical disks in the EU.

All of this is on top of ANOTHER half assed buggy mess Ubisoft has made, which is currently getting destroyed by reviews on steam and other websites.

Source: http://imgur.com/gallery/UNKmT

What do you guys think about Ubisoft now?

EA, doesn't really seem bad at all compared to this. 

I think this is ridiculous and Ubisoft should of issued refunds if people wanted them...

Because the game was activated against their will as well that's even worse...

Imo EA > Ubisoft.. (Even though EA still sucks with it's quite shitty games, at least they're not idiotic assholes who fuck everything up)

Like damn, how many times of massively fucking up does it take to learn your lesson?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

UB is the new EA.

One time my ACU game save got deleted from their cloud. The local save got corrupted. 20 hours gone. Their support wouldn't do shit for me as it wasn't their policy. I had to essentially blackmail them. I made a YT video of how terrible their service was and how many Ubisoft games that I had. I said that I would take it down after they helped me. Eventually it got shared to UbiCentral and he hooked me up with their PR guy and I was able to get my save back with a free copy of The Crew. Not the most glorious process. 

Imo EA > Ubisoft.. (Even though EA still sucks with it's quite shitty games, at least they're not idiotic assholes who fuck everything up)

Like damn, how many times of massively fucking up does it take to learn your lesson?

Battlefront isn't bad and I have not encountered any glitches. Hopefully they are on an upward path.

Not all of their games are shitty, but I know what you mean.

UB is the new EA.

This has been said ever since Watch Dogs, lol.

I don't think Ubisoft really cares since they're going to be raking in all the sales of Ass Creed and Far Cry series games.

Not all of their games are shitty, but I know what you mean.

This has been said ever since Watch Dogs, lol.

I don't think Ubisoft really cares since they're going to be raking in all the sales of Ass Creed and Fary Cry series games.

FC4 was good and nobody can deny that. Good thing I didn't have to pay for it (GeForce promo.)

FC4 was good and nobody can deny that. Good thing I didn't have to pay for it (GeForce promo.)

Haven't played it yet. I'm gonna wait until it's like $10 or something around that - but I've heard it's just a FC3 expansion essentially.

Jesus Christ. Has Ubisoft always been this borderline psychotic or did it develop over time?

How the shit are they still in business?

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Wait what?, they sell the collector's edition without a physical disk?

Forget the shovel, Ubisoft might need one of these.

post-8310-0-76601100-1444538705.jpg

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Haven't played it yet. I'm gonna wait until it's like $10 or something around that - but I've heard it's just a FC3 expansion essentially.

Pretty much.

Seems like Ubisoft is at it again, They're definitely trying to over take EA on the hate train. Which is fairly easy considering-*/-* EA's recent company changes make EA "For the player". 

Ubisoft this time has misleadingly advertised their Heros of Might and Magic 7 Collectors Edition, They've advertised it as a PC DVD ROM Game on their store page.

The game is listed as "PC" for the collectors Edition VS. "PC Download" for the standard edition.

When the box shipped, it came in loose packaging. The Lid was off and contents spilled out when it opened. 

BUUUUT. There's a big empty spot where, you guessed it! The DVD's are designed to fit.

Imgur user Melchior1090 posted this screenshot of a support ticket sent to Ubisoft and their response to their issue.

21895492260_163549e22d_b.jpg

Ubisoft have changed this issue on another page but it still shows the physical box for the game.

This only affects US residents, customers revived physical disks in the EU.

All of this is on top of ANOTHER half assed buggy mess Ubisoft has made, which is currently getting destroyed by reviews on steam and other websites.

Source: http://imgur.com/gallery/UNKmT

What do you guys think about Ubisoft now?

EA, doesn't really seem bad at all compared to this. 

I think this is ridiculous and Ubisoft should of issued refunds if people wanted them...

Because the game was activated against their will as well that's even worse...

if the package was loose, maybe someone stole the dvd?

I wish they would go back to the best version (HOMM II) and just refine it... no other comment at this time.

Updated desired build

Holy crap! Lmao.

Damn Ubisoft is greedy. Someone should sue Ubisoft for false advertisement. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Looks like an administrative error. Not the same as the intent to mislead consumers. Imgur is not a reliable source of information btw.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

jesus christ Ubisoft

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Compared to Nazi germany you're right, stalin's brutal communism doesn't seem all that bad. 

EA and Ubisoft are still both big, red, X's in my book. Ubisofts is just getting bigger, while EA's slowly gets smaller.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I'm sure there more greedy companies then Ubisoft *cough* blizzard *cough* unacceptable either way, if they continue this path its very simple boycott them until they are bankrupt.

Erm, what's wrong with Blizzard? Seriously, care to share why they are so greedy?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

why did ubisoft have to have the ghost reacon/ ranbow six licence.....great games that now are tainted buy ubis utter shite

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

God damn it Ubisoft.

You not only screwed up Heroes of Might and Magic, now you also screw up the advertising for the game?

Jeez.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Just look at wow wod failure, instead of fixing whats wrong they gave up making same mistake again that they did in mop, currently last reports from Q2 2015 say wow has 5.6m subs next report in november will probably be another 2-3m sub losses.

Devs that insult community etc by saying minor patch is a content patch, or saying there won't be more content anymore, + lot other mistakes they did since launch no apologies at all for those mistakes.

They wanna do yearly expansions, while no one wants yearly expansions they just want more bang for buck, the last amazing expansion they made was wotlk and its been going downhill ever since.

You can earn tokens by playing the game and pay for subscription like that and those people are not accounted in regular paid subscription numbers (afaik) and therefore those numbers seem to be declining (among other reasons). And I know people that do that (2 of them).

And the same people told me that there have been issues with bugs, not fixing them and instead releasing new content. Got ahold of that info yesterday, before writing my previous post.  :lol:

Since I don't play WoW I didn't know that, because I don't know any other Blizzard title that has problems (I played almost all of them).

Ubisoft just realized that they make way more money through false advertising than they do through actually making good games. Apparently it hasn't come back to bite them yet since they keep doing it.

Before expansion pack diablo 3 was a huge fail.

I don't think it was a huge fail, it was ok, not bad and unplayable. Much better now true. 

Why is anyone even buying Ubisoft games anymore...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro