Oh fuck. please shoot me

xTrixieHD

☑ Loses track of time while online

☑ Sacrifices needed hours of sleep to spend time online

☑ Becomes agitated or angry when online time is interrupted

NO - Checks email several times a day

☑ Becomes irritable if not allowed access to the Internet

☑ Spends time online in place of homework or chores

☑ Prefers to spend time online rather than with friends or family (I don't have any friends)

☑ Disobeys time limits that have been set for internet usage (I don't have "Limits")

☑ Lies about amount of time spent online or "sneaks" online when no one is around

☑ Forms new relationships with people he or she has met online

☑ Seems preoccupied with getting back online when away from the computer

☑ Loses interest in activities that were enjoyable before he or she had online access (GTA and Minecraft are not that important to me anymore)

☑ Becomes irritable, moody or depressed when not online

He's the baby of the family, so he got his way. They swear he has a learning disability, but I'm not buying that bullshit because he's just a lazy person and my parents allowed him to get like that. He wouldn't do his work in class when he did go to public school, so they let him drop out and do homeschooling. They spent all of this money on him and he doesn't even do his work. He just eats all of the food and then bitches at my mom for the most absurd things. I got in his face one time a few years ago because it got so bad and told him that our parents are working their asses off while he's here doing jack shit to help out. Didn't help any because he started crying and I got in trouble for it.

But yes, he's a potato. I told my mom recently that if they don't do something about it, he's going to end up being a man child and not know what to do once my parents are gone.

Wait, a 20 year old man cried because he got yelled at? Jesus Christ.

I needed to take a Gap Year before College for financial reasons (even though I got a scholarship) and I've been feeling like a loser for it lately. Things like this remind me that it could be much worse. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

While what you say is true (I can attest to what you're saying because I've noticed it myself), it goes both ways.

My brother who turned 20 recently has his life revolving around the internet. This isn't a "work and play" life, this is nothing but playing and shit talking people on the internet. He's been like this ever since I was forced to share my Xbox 360 with him when I got Xbox Live and Modern Warfare 2. His attitude got worse as time went on and now he has absolutely no respect for me or my parents.

No, the internet didn't do this to him, he did it to himself, and that's what the article is talking about. It's not specifically saying the internet or online interaction is a bad thing, it's saying take it in moderation because it can get to the point where it's unhealthy.

Back to my brother, he's 20, doesn't have his driver's license, hasn't gotten any education post-public school (online courses, college, what have you). He just wake up every now and then to eat and play League of Legends.

He's not even good at it.

The difference between him and my parents who do nothing but watch Fox News and play on their phones and tablets when they're home from work is that my parents have jobs and pay the bills. My brother just sits around doing jack shit.

Yoy know, my younger sister is actually close to becoming something like that. She doesn't play video games, but she spends a whole lot of time on social media/youtube watching nonsense (and I do mean nonsense, pewdiepie level of stuff without the game) on her tablet and doesn't have the damnedest clue of what she's going to do after high school.

I spend a lot of time online or playing games, but the time I spend online is often used to learn new things and most importantly I never feel the need to do it when I'm doing other stuff

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Wait, a 20 year old man cried because he got yelled at? Jesus Christ.

I needed to take a Gap Year before College for financial reasons (even though I got a scholarship) and I've been feeling like a loser for it lately. Things like this remind me that it could be much worse. 

This was a few years ago or so, so he was 16 or 17.

I did something similar. After I graduated high school in 2009 (I got out early at age 17) I thought I could just go get a job without any real experience. I didn't find one until I was 21, and I only got the job because I knew someone who worked there. It was a shitty job for the money because I was being paid minimum wage for all of the work I was doing, which was retarded.

My advice is, if you're going something in IT, is to get certifications or go to college when you can. Don't wait. Even if you just take one or two classes at a time, don't wait.

This was a few years ago or so, so he was 16 or 17.

I did something similar. After I graduated high school in 2009 (I got out early at age 17) I thought I could just go get a job without any real experience. I didn't find one until I was 21, and I only got the job because I knew someone who worked there. It was a shitty job for the money because I was being paid minimum wage for all of the work I was doing, which was retarded.

My advice is, if you're going something in IT, is to get certifications or go to college when you can. Don't wait. Even if you just take one or two classes at a time, don't wait.

Ah, that makes more sense as adolescents tend to be emotional. 

I've had it drilled into my head that if I don't go to college I'm doomed to be a NEET, the only problem I'm having is poverty and my non-willingness to work a job during my gap year, as it ironically damages my financial aid status. 

In my own egotistical way, I like to look at myself as a Renaissance man. I am a jack of all trades, which sadly isn't useful in today's economy but I take pride in it. I'm majoring in History, minoring in Business, have an IT Intership at College (when I go), and plan on graduating from George Washington Law School. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

Ah, that makes more sense as adolescents tend to be emotional.

I've had it drilled into my head that if I don't go to college I'm doomed to be a NEET, the only problem I'm having is poverty and my non-willingness to work a job during my gap year, as it ironically damages my financial aid status.

In my own egotistical way, I like to look at myself as a Renaissance man. I am a jack of all trades, which sadly isn't useful in today's economy but I take pride in it. I'm majoring in History, minoring in Business, have an IT Intership at College (when I go), and plan on graduating from George Washington Law School.

Sounds like you got it planned out. Best of luck to you mate. [emoji2]

Don't let this trigger you, but If I were your parents, I'd kick his ass and tell him to go get a job and a life. He seems respectless.

He could at least work at a fast food restaurant...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

The entire list they made about the internet... Can also be said about TV...

• Loses track of time while online - Same while watching TV.
  • Sacrifices needed hours of sleep to spend time online - A show you want to watch is airing at an odd time, skip on sleeping.
  • Becomes agitated or angry when online time is interrupted - Someone talk to you while you're watching a show that you like, and pausing isn't an option.
  • Checks email several times a day - Flip through channels to see what's playing several times a day.
  • Becomes irritable if not allowed access to the Internet - No TV, FLIP OUT.
  • Spends time online in place of homework or chores - Watch TV instead of doing literally anything else.
  • Prefers to spend time online rather than with friends or family - Rather watch their favorite show than spend time with the so called "family"
  • Disobeys time limits that have been set for internet usage - Watch TV when you're not supposed to.
  • Lies about amount of time spent online or "sneaks" online when no one is around - Lies about having watched those shows you weren't supposed to watch
  • Forms new relationships with people he or she has met online - NOBODY DOES THIS ANYWAY.
  • Seems preoccupied with getting back online when away from the computer - My show is gonna air in 5 minutes!!!
  • Loses interest in activities that were enjoyable before he or she had online access - Who need to play sport when you can WATCH sport.
  • Becomes irritable, moody or depressed when not online - What do you mean I can't watch Doctor Who!?

So really, it's just another BS article.

Yes some people might be a little too addicted to "the internet", but my guess is that they are mostly addicted to Facebook or other social media. Because they "need" to see what others are saying about them, the same way they would want to know if someone is talking behind their backs in meatspace.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'd only take charge against one point.

• Checks email several times a day

I know few who actually check their email and are addicted. My dad checks his email maybe 30 or 40 times per day, but that's because he has a job and the responsibilities that come with that.

I only check my school email once per week and my normal one if I have to do something on it

The entire list they made about the internet... Can also be said about TV...

• Loses track of time while online - Same while watching TV.
  • Sacrifices needed hours of sleep to spend time online - A show you want to watch is airing at an odd time, skip on sleeping.
  • Becomes agitated or angry when online time is interrupted - Someone talk to you while you're watching a show that you like, and pausing isn't an option.
  • Checks email several times a day - Flip through channels to see what's playing several times a day.
  • Becomes irritable if not allowed access to the Internet - No TV, FLIP OUT.
  • Spends time online in place of homework or chores - Watch TV instead of doing literally anything else.
  • Prefers to spend time online rather than with friends or family - Rather watch their favorite show than spend time with the so called "family"
  • Disobeys time limits that have been set for internet usage - Watch TV when you're not supposed to.
  • Lies about amount of time spent online or "sneaks" online when no one is around - Lies about having watched those shows you weren't supposed to watch
  • Forms new relationships with people he or she has met online - NOBODY DOES THIS ANYWAY.
  • Seems preoccupied with getting back online when away from the computer - My show is gonna air in 5 minutes!!!
  • Loses interest in activities that were enjoyable before he or she had online access - Who need to play sport when you can WATCH sport.
  • Becomes irritable, moody or depressed when not online - What do you mean I can't watch Doctor Who!?

So really, it's just another BS article.

Yes some people might be a little too addicted to "the internet", but my guess is that they are mostly addicted to Facebook or other social media. Because they "need" to see what others are saying about them, the same way they would want to know if someone is talking behind their backs in meatspace.

+1

Linus won't teach you anything about math, or make you smarter. If you're smart enough to be able to go through school with little effort, then fair enough, but if you ever have to choose between entertainment and failing a year, trust me, don't fail the year. Realistically speaking, what you learn on the internet by itself is unlikely to ever give you a good paying job if any at all.

i dont care.im going to create gaming youtube channel get millions subs like pewdiepie. i get a nice microphone and i play game lol. school sometimes sucks and i saw on some video not pewdiepie but other gamer say he didnt go to school so why should i?

Its just the time we're living in, you cant change it. You can try, but you wont.

As a parent you cant really just cut your kid off from the internet, theres a lot more to it than that.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

i dont care.im going to create gaming youtube channel get millions subs like pewdiepie. i get a nice microphone and i play game lol. school sometimes sucks and i saw on some video not pewdiepie but other gamer say he didnt go to school so why should i?

you probably won't get over 100 subs

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

OH NO

TECHLOLOGY

UG NO UNDERSTAND

MUST STOP

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Because only one in a million can actually live off of youtube. And it gets progressively harder as time goes on. I wouldn't bet my future on it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

yeah. sometimes i have the problem too. i sometimes dont go to school to play game. its actually hard to stop. but i dont think school is that important because i learn more from internet. like i watch linustechtips and im smarter than 90% of the school.

I feel like that sometimes as well. I also think I've learned more from the internet than actual school, about 70% of my intelligence came from the internet....goes to show how screwed up our education system is...

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

-snip-

Did I say the American school system is screwed up? NO. I'm talking in general. Of course the American school system sucks, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't need improvement.

By the way, use correct punctuation and capitalization when calling someone an idiot. Good day.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

because maybe, just maybe, you're not garunteed to make it big on YouTube. Jesus, if you're pinning your while life on a YouTube channel without even having a back-up plan or going to college you need help.

- snip-

Oh shit Steam says 62.5 hours in 1 week shit shit shit

meh i dont give a shit

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)