Oh fuck. please shoot me

xTrixieHD

http://www.webroot.com/au/en/home/resources/tips/ethics-and-legal/family-internet-addiction-what-can-parents-do

I think the newest form of cancer has arrived. please. noooooooo. i'm quite scared.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

The article isn't wrong.

My parents are more addicted than me in some cases, so gl.

Do you mean the Internet addiction or parent being worried about Internet addiction? :)

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

Maybe just a little bit exaggerated.

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Do you mean the Internet addiction or parent being worried about Internet addiction? :)

This whole post, it's just fucked

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

The nuts who claim that online time is bad are the same people who watch gameshows 8 hours a day. I find the stimulation of online activity and gaming to be immensely more enjoyable than sitting still and watching a screen. 

1119062.jpg

That's not to say you should do nothing but browse and game, as academics and physical health are important, but this lynch mob needs to stop.

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

The nuts who claim that online time is bad are the same people who watch gameshows 8 hours a day. I find the stimulation of online activity and gaming to be immensely more enjoyable than sitting still and watching a screen. 

1119062.jpg

*The chase.*

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

I think this is about kids that are addicted to their phone, rather than the internet OP. Why so mad?

I think this is about kids that are addicted to their phone, rather than the internet OP. Why so mad?

All i need in a phone is to be able to call people. maybe sometimes texting. so a nokia 3310 is like nasa to me

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

While what you say is true (I can attest to what you're saying because I've noticed it myself), it goes both ways.

My brother who turned 20 recently has his life revolving around the internet. This isn't a "work and play" life, this is nothing but playing and shit talking people on the internet. He's been like this ever since I was forced to share my Xbox 360 with him when I got Xbox Live and Modern Warfare 2. His attitude got worse as time went on and now he has absolutely no respect for me or my parents.

No, the internet didn't do this to him, he did it to himself, and that's what the article is talking about. It's not specifically saying the internet or online interaction is a bad thing, it's saying take it in moderation because it can get to the point where it's unhealthy.

Back to my brother, he's 20, doesn't have his driver's license, hasn't gotten any education post-public school (online courses, college, what have you). He just wake up every now and then to eat and play League of Legends.

He's not even good at it.

The difference between him and my parents who do nothing but watch Fox News and play on their phones and tablets when they're home from work is that my parents have jobs and pay the bills. My brother just sits around doing jack shit.

All i need in a phone is to be able to call people. maybe sometimes texting. so a nokia 3310 is like nasa to me

Agreed, I spend exactly zero time on my phone except for necessary calls.

Here it is:

nokia-asha-300-extralarge.jpg

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

"Beyond gaming, kids are filling their free time with other Internet activities: social networking, instant messaging (IM), blogging, downloading etc."

Who sits around downloading all day for funsies?  :D  :D  :D 

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

yeah. sometimes i have the problem too. i sometimes dont go to school to play game. its actually hard to stop. but i dont think school is that important because i learn more from internet. like i watch linustechtips and im smarter than 90% of the school.

While what you say is true (I can attest to what you're saying because I've noticed it myself), it goes both ways.

My brother who turned 20 recently has his life revolving around the internet. This isn't a "work and play" life, this is nothing but playing and shit talking people on the internet. He's been like this ever since I was forced to share my Xbox 360 with him when I got Xbox Live and Modern Warfare 2. His attitude got worse as time went on and now he has absolutely no respect for me or my parents.

No, the internet didn't do this to him, he did it to himself, and that's what the article is talking about. It's not specifically saying the internet or online interaction is a bad thing, it's saying take it in moderation because it can get to the point where it's unhealthy.

Back to my brother, he's 20, doesn't have his driver's license, hasn't gotten any education post-public school (online courses, college, what have you). He just wake up every now and then to eat and play League of Legends.

The difference between him and my parents who do nothing but watch Fox News and play on their phones and tablets when they're home from work is that my parents have jobs and pay the bills. My brother just sits around doing jack shit.

Completely agree, people who claim to have *no life* without the internet are the ones who need help. and that actually get angry over losing internet, they are also the same people that get physically violent over it. like honestly. have you guys heard of the New game? It's called outside you fat fucks, and if you get the dlc pack it comes with a soccer ball. it always saddens me when i walk past the local park to see everyone staring at their phones. but a little bit of technology is fine, i know we all incorporate it some way in our lives. but being on that shit all day is a bit much.

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

"Beyond gaming, kids are filling their free time with other Internet activities: social networking, instant messaging (IM), blogging, downloading etc."

Who sits around downloading all day for funsies?  :D  :D  :D 

*little billy.*

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Did your brother drop out of highschool or something? Is he taking a gap year before college? I honestly don't understand why your parents would enable him to do that, doing nothing but gaming for years without working out, learning, etc. makes you a complete potato. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

The article isn't wrong.

I'd only take charge against one point.

• Checks email several times a day

I know few who actually check their email and are addicted. My dad checks his email maybe 30 or 40 times per day, but that's because he has a job and the responsibilities that come with that.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Completely agree, people who claim to have *no life* without the internet are the ones who need help. and that actually get angry over losing internet, they are also the same people that get physically violent over it. like honestly. have you guys heard of the New game? It's called outside you fat fucks, and if you get the dlc pack it comes with a soccer ball. it always saddens me when i walk past the local park to see everyone staring at their phones. but a little bit of technology is fine, i know we all incorporate it some way in our lives. but being on that shit all day is a bit much.

Yeah he does get violent when he gets told to shut the fuck up at 2am when he's screaming at people.

Yeah he does get violent when he gets told to shut the fuck up at 2am when he's screaming at people.

Don't let this trigger you, but If I were your parents, I'd kick his ass and tell him to go get a job and a life. He seems respectless.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Shit's late it's like 1 in the morning cya i'm going to bed. night.

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Did your brother drop out of highschool or something? Is he taking a gap year before college? I honestly don't understand why your parents would enable him to do that, doing nothing but gaming for years without working out, learning, etc. makes you a complete potato. 

He's the baby of the family, so he got his way. They swear he has a learning disability, but I'm not buying that bullshit because he's just a lazy person and my parents allowed him to get like that. He wouldn't do his work in class when he did go to public school, so they let him drop out and do homeschooling. They spent all of this money on him and he doesn't even do his work. He just eats all of the food and then bitches at my mom for the most absurd things. I got in his face one time a few years ago because it got so bad and told him that our parents are working their asses off while he's here doing jack shit to help out. Didn't help any because he started crying and I got in trouble for it.

But yes, he's a potato. I told my mom recently that if they don't do something about it, he's going to end up being a man child and not know what to do once my parents are gone.

Im not addicted i was just checking LTT forums and Twitter.  Cough cough and Facebook, bleacher reports, news, and watching a few youtube videos. Well later Im going to go play some GTA online. 

meh, it does have a point , but we've reached a point where it's kinda like nessesarily unnecessary , it's informational kick/jolt everytime, i'm guessing this discussion is going to be within a paradox , like reaching the same point over & over again yet not getting out of it..

Details separate people.

yeah. sometimes i have the problem too. i sometimes dont go to school to play game. its actually hard to stop. but i dont think school is that important because i learn more from internet. like i watch linustechtips and im smarter than 90% of the school.

Linus won't teach you anything about math, or make you smarter. If you're smart enough to be able to go through school with little effort, then fair enough, but if you ever have to choose between entertainment and failing a year, trust me, don't fail the year. Realistically speaking, what you learn on the internet by itself is unlikely to ever give you a good paying job if any at all.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*